Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-01-21, 02:20 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I want to thank my Secret Santa Rhonda for the gifts she sent to me. I was going to wait to open the package but I couldn't resist.
The Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training DVD and QiGong book are very much appreciated. I have been wanting the Mark Lauren workout for quite some time.

She also sent me 6 little tubes of Gold Bond hand cream which I desperately need right now because the skin on my fingers is cracking with this cold dry weather. I so appreciate this because it is my favorite hand cream and I can put them in my purse, work bag, car etc.
She also sent 10 (yes 10!) rolls of Cinnamon Mentos which I LOVE. They are my guilty pleasure. I used to be able to find them locally at Rite Aid or Hudson News at the airport but they don't carry them now.

Thank you so much Rhonda for your generosity! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 03:23 PM  
JENILU

Ok, i was sneaky, and something made me atleast open my box (and it just happens to be the 1st, which makes this extra awesome!!). My most amazingand psychic (hee hee) Santa was fanofladyvols!!! One thing that is so amazing and has me so excited, even tho I haven't opened anything is that I just told hubby how I have never had a countdown calendar and had always wanted one so had bought myself a little cheap on I found and started opening it after Thanksgiving, lol. Somehow, I opened this today and she said she had tried to set up enough gifts to be a countdown!!That alone is enough to get me teary eyed!! (How did she know??) I don't know if I can stick to 1 a day, but its gonna be so fun anyway and I thankyou so much for bringing me some excitement! (and for the so sweet card!)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 04:16 PM  
Demeris

I picked up my secret santa gift from the PO this afternoon. Thank you, LReidgreen! I haven't opened it yet. I'm testing my willpower. We'll see how that goes, eh?
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-21, 05:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Ok, i was sneaky, and something made me atleast open my box (and it just happens to be the 1st, which makes this extra awesome!!). My most amazingand psychic (hee hee) Santa was fanofladyvols!!! One thing that is so amazing and has me so excited, even tho I haven't opened anything is that I just told hubby how I have never had a countdown calendar and had always wanted one so had bought myself a little cheap on I found and started opening it after Thanksgiving, lol. Somehow, I opened this today and she said she had tried to set up enough gifts to be a countdown!!That alone is enough to get me teary eyed!! (How did she know??) I don't know if I can stick to 1 a day, but its gonna be so fun anyway and I thankyou so much for bringing me some excitement! (and for the so sweet card!)
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Oh I'm EXTRA happy that it is something you'd be on board doing!! But it's ok if you can't wait, too.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 09:39 AM  
Garrie A.

I want to give a very special thanks to my Secret Santa and check-in buddy Sherry (sherry7899). I instantly knew who my Santa was from the label (and the excellent packaging). The box was waiting for me after I came home from Black Friday shopping, and I was speechless after opening.

Here was what was inside:

DVDs:
-KCM's Home Gym Intervals and Athletic Conditioning Volume 2
-Two Debra Bono DVDs (African Dance and a three dance style one I can't remember the name of; these weren't on my wishlist but a very nice surprise. I have Debra's Afro-Caribbean Step but have only previewed it; that said, from preview I liked Debra's low-key personality and plan on trying all three)
-A Les Mills BodyJam DVD (have never done BodyJam so this will be an treat)
-An Evolution DVD (by Marc Oliver; this was from Anne who was my Secret Santa a few years ago)
-Two Ilaria DVDs (Bodystrikes 2 and Atletica 2; I need to do an Ilaria rotation sometime.)

Other goodies:
-LOTS of dark chocolate from Trader Joe's
-Some hot chocolate mixes from Landolakes and a TJ's dissolvable hot chocolate on a stick
-Trader Joe's Almond Butter Covered Almonds (have never seen or tried these since there's no TJs near me, but my boyfriend opened the bag yesterday and we both love them! )
-Two bottles of body wash from TJs (that smell divine)
-Several natural soap bars
-Two hanks of Madelinetosh fingering weight sock yarn in a very pretty red color (from elf Leslie)
-A US 4 circular needle (also from Leslie)

Then I got to the wrapped package that Sherry said was from her husband's collection. It contained a Pam Tillis concert DVD and hits collection CD (the latter autographed by her), and finally an INXS concert. Pam is one of my favorite country artists (90s country is the best!) and I also like INXS so that was a nice finishing touch to a great early Christmas gift.

Sherry, I know things have been hard the past year and I've always kept you in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))) You have been generous to many VFers on her (myself included) that I must return the favor soon. Thanks again!

P.S. Also thanks to elves Leslie and Anne!
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-21, 10:07 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I want to thank my Secret Santa Rhonda for the gifts she sent to me. I was going to wait to open the package but I couldn't resist.
The Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training DVD and QiGong book are very much appreciated. I have been wanting the Mark Lauren workout for quite some time.

She also sent me 6 little tubes of Gold Bond hand cream which I desperately need right now because the skin on my fingers is cracking with this cold dry weather. I so appreciate this because it is my favorite hand cream and I can put them in my purse, work bag, car etc.
She also sent 10 (yes 10!) rolls of Cinnamon Mentos which I LOVE. They are my guilty pleasure. I used to be able to find them locally at Rite Aid or Hudson News at the airport but they don't carry them now.

Thank you so much Rhonda for your generosity! Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Your welcome - I hope you enjoy.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 05:51 PM  
sherry7899

Garrie, you are very welcome! I had so much fun putting together a package for you. I think you will really enjoy Body Jam. I had elf help, as you can tell.
My packing box always gives me away if you've been doing the exchange for awhile. I love to decorate the box with Snoopy wrapping paper.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-21, 07:23 PM  
sherry7899

I could only post half of my post. I keep getting an error message

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-21, 09:15 AM  
Demeris

Well, I made it less than four days. That box sat next to my Christmas Cactus (a ceramic saguaro--a short, like 10 inches, ceramic saguaro with Christmas lights. It serves as my Christmas tree) for three days, but this morning, I ripped into it. And I'm glad, because I'm enjoying some loverly Morrocan Mint tea and some tasty peppermint/dark chocolate bark as I type this.

I got so many goodies: TEA--oh my gosh, so much tea, so many teas. Some are bagged but my Secret Santa, lreidgreen, also sent me lots of loose tea AND an infuser that goes in the cup! How cool is that? One of the reasons I don't drink loose tea more often is that I have to haul the teapot off its shelf, AND I have to be up to drinking way more tea than I normally want. I can hardly wait to try out all the different loose leaf teas. I would list all of the types of teas I got, but this post would take a whole screen.

Lreidgreen also sent me a darling journal with hedgehogs on the cover. It's just adorable and especially fitting because my dog's favorite toy right now is a hedgehog that grunts and squeaks.

Lreidgreen sent me THREE workouts that have been on my wish list for eons: Tracy Long's Core Movements Vols 1&2; Charlotte Ord's Back to Basics; Weight Watcher 15 mins Boot Camp with four workouts!!!

She also gave me two balls of gorgeous Italian yarn in a sweet celery green AND lavender dryer packets!!! What thoughtful additions to the whole package.

Thank you, Secret Santa. I feel as if I've received eight or nine gifts in one package. What a great boon!
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-21, 11:18 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Trying an experiment here, to see if I can get us to page 3 and this thread will allow Sherry to post.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021 holiday thank you, holiday exchange thanks, holiday gift exchange, vf get-together