Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-21, 08:03 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi everyone - can you believe only 1 more full day to September?

Pam, how is your PT coming along? I feel like I need some...or at least a massage.

Margot, getting a haircut can definitely be a nice boost! I used to sometimes trim my own hair too but don't dare do that now.

Pat, nice avatar! I made a pumpkin apple bread the other night; DH and I have been enjoying it for breakfast.

I had a long busy workday but made good workout choices tonight! First I did my 100 KB swings, which I'm not doing every single day but still trying to get in when I can.

Then I did this barre workout, which I really liked - less <30m and very intense without being killer or frustrating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X40E...ctionJacquelyn

I also did this very lovely yin practice that had been sitting in my "watch later" list forever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZ3...ogawithKristen

Hope everyone had a good Wednesday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-21, 09:40 PM  
JustSandra

Hi everyone!

My body is suggesting to me it would like a break from weights for a bit, so for

Today's Workout: I did the Arms routine from Essentrics Body Sculpting Series with Sahra. Looking at my Essentrics/CS DVDs, I realize I haven't done any of the Body Sculpting Series 2 routines in forever! So I'm thinking of doing those over the next few days.

Pat58: My family is really tiny -- just me, my brother, my niece (his daughter) and grandniece, plus my nephew who lives out of state. We have a couple of second cousins who we stay in touch with via Facebook. That's it!

Paine: I am truly in awe of anyone who cuts their own hair! I do trim my bangs a bit, but otherwise I wouldn't dare.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 08:12 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga Stretch for Beginners plus affirmations
~ Lively Ladies Low Impact Cardio Workout for Seniors
~ YogiBethC Lunch Break Yoga
~ Shakti Warrior 4, Power Up - Feeling the Fire Within
~ YWK Restorative Yoga for Aching Joints
~ 6,884 steps

I shared the YouTube link for Kassandra's little restorative practice because it was so nice, and only about 16 minutes.

Beth's lunch yoga was surprisingly tough. I was expecting stretching, which there is, but the balance challenges got me out of my stupor, and the chair pose with arm variations that woke up my office butt for sure. Thank you! I want some of that bread. I'm no baker but have been tempted to make some kind of easy pumpkin treat, probably with store bought stuff as a base.

Paine, I bet your hair going grey looks nice. I have to know - does the new growth feel any healthier? I'm in awe that you trim it yourself.

Margot, it's fun to play with the DVDs and get back to our roots. I have that Holden routine and haven't tried it yet - thanks for mentioning it. I love that pub owner's enterprising beer shortage schtick, LOL.

Sandra, Body Sculpting sounds like a nice break from weights.

Sending hugs to our Cyana. Good morning Pam and anyone who visits today.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 08:13 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

PS - Beth - thanks for sharing the yin practice, I playlisted it.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 10:03 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat, the pumpkin apple bread was your basic loaf/quick bread recipe - just stir and bake!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 09-30-21, 01:38 PM  
Margot

Hi everyone!

Workouts today:
- HealthBarre Hips and Thighs
- ETV Maude Boost Your Energy
- Katy Bowman Triceps, triceps, triceps!

Sandra - The Body Sculpting Series with Sahra is still one of my all-time favourites. It's fun revisiting workouts you haven't done in a while.

Pat - Thanks for the link to YWK's short restorative practice. I'm planning on fitting this in before bed tonight.

Beth - The Yoga with Kristen channel looks great. Thank you for the link. Your pumpkin apple bread sounds . I was playing around with inventing a new healthy brownie recipe this afternoon, just to use up more apples! It ended up being fudgy. It may need a bit of adjusting next time.

Happy Thursday to all.
Old 09-30-21, 02:54 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Today I went for a neighborhood walk.

Margot, my hair is easy to cut because it's long/straight, about 7 inches below my shoulders and cut blunt. If I miss a spot, I have my daughter trim the back and even it up. I can't cut bangs very well though. I don't have bangs now but many years ago when I had them, I could never learn how to cut my bangs so they looked nice. My hair stylist showed me several times but I never mastered that.

Pat, the new growth of my hair doesn't feel any healthier as it seems a bit more wiry and a bit more frizzy (unfortunately). I think my hair looked better colored (dark brunette) with no gray but it doesn't look too bad with the gray so far and I'm OK with it.
To all: Anyone have a good recommendation for a shampoo/conditioner that helps frizz? I have tried Redken's Frizz Dismiss but it didn't help.

Beth, that Barre Sculpt workout you did looks good. I bookmarked it. Thanks for giving the link to it. You worked out a long time yesterday!
Yes it's hard to believe that it's October already.
I bet your pumpkin apple bread was good!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 05:44 PM  
cyana

Happy September 30th! Where did this month go? Oh yeah, I was working, wasn't I?

Wednesday:
ETV: 9.27.2021 "live" class with Lauren
YT - YoQi - Mood Lifter (my default Marisa practice)

I love Lauren, but wow did that practice make my hip angry.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed. With any luck, I may actually get to have a real two-day week-end like normal people - here's hoping!

Will catch up on posts and hopefully be in to chat and report some form of physical activity this week-end.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 08:00 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

My sister & BIL, who live near us, were up in the Yukon visiting their son. My poor BIL, who is 75, had a fall off of his bike last week & broke his hip. He had surgery 10 days ago. They flew out of Victoria, 2 hours away, to get a non stop flight. So their car was in Victoria. They flew back on Tuesday & my sister, who’s a very nervous driver, was in a panic about the 2 hour drive home. So DH & I drove to the city on Monday, had a visit with DS1 & crew, & drove them home Tuesday.

I way behind on personals, been preoccupied with that & a Stephen King book I want to finish. So I haven’t been online a lot.

Wednesday:
~Taught Essentrics on zoom
~10 min rebounding, 10 min gliding, & 15 min rowing
~PT exercises
~Barre3: 30 min
~MELT: Head to Toe Unwind

Today:
~Taught Essentrics
~Jenny Ford MAA: Ohio
~PT exercises
~MELT hip & thigh focus
~Yin yoga class on zoom, turned on my studio electric fireplace for the first time since spring.

I’ll try & catch up in October!
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-21, 08:20 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, how tough for your sister & BIL! Nice of you to help them out. We just turned on our gas fireplace for the first time today.

cyana, how I hope you DO get a real weekend!!! You certainly deserve it. Sorry to hear that the class bothered your hip.

Paine, my actual workout yesterday was only about 30 minutes; the rest of the time was lying on the floor for yin. I think I saw that I posted on the GD Beauty thread about how my gray hair tends to be wiry and untamed. One thing that helps some is a leave-in conditioner. I also recently tried Herbal Essence Tea Tree shampoo and really liked it; I'm planning to buy the conditioner, so I'll see if that helps.

Margot, I liked that Kristen had some interesting yin variations. I like Yoga Ranger (did the twisty practice tonight), but I feel like she tends to do the same poses over and over.

See you all in October!

Follow me @YogiBethC