Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-06-21, 07:54 PM  
Mickey12

QOTD my goals for this year: at first I was going to say I don’t have any goals. But after thinking about it, I guess I do. I want to continue to be consistent with my workouts and try to break my goal of 306 workouts which is how many I did for 2020. I haven’t always kept track, but 306 was my highest in the last three years.

I’m going to do some yin tonight. Oh, I guess that’s another goal for this year. I want to do more yoga.
Old 01-07-21, 09:45 PM  
Jules

Quickie Post

Yesterday I did BodyShred: Launch + Yoga 30 for 30: Even Flow
Today I did BodyShred: Rise + Level Up: Upper Body Yin
Tomorrow will be my cardio day. I might do a spin session.

Looking forward to the weekend - just one more day to go.

Stay Strong!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-21, 12:22 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Kim: You know, I have never actually counted how many workouts in a year. I just exercise M-F without fail - or at least with very few exceptions. Weekends are for work around the house, errands, gardening, and more Yoga. I should count them up for 2020 and see what I get.
Good goals!

Jules: You seem to really like Travis' practices. Got any favorites? He really does have some of the most magic Yin practices.
TGIF.

Yesterday was Cathe Great Glutes Extreme mix. Just a bit over an hour and includes ALL the leg work, floor, weighted, barre, stability ball. Cooked my butt! And definitely feeling it now. However, later in the day I did Rudy's Functional Hamstrings Yoga from Udaya and it felt SO much better. I'm not as sore today as I thought I would be.

Today I did MBF Day 5 Full Body Burn + Day 6 Power Ignite. Again both 30 min workouts and actually fairly similar in how they work the body.
Full Body was a little heavier lifting but starting to incorporate some kettlebell inspired moves which keeps the HR up more. Megan went pretty heavy so I stayed with her on some, heavier on others.
Power Ignite was lighter weight, body weight and more metabolic.
So both workouts really worked my whole body quite well. The only thing I'll do is not schedule a Cathe leg day and one of these back to back.

Yoga pending but probably another Rudy practice.

Have a wonderful weekend!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-21, 02:17 PM  
Malinda

Hi FitChicks!

Y'all are killing it for 2021 so far!

I have thus far resisted hitting the Buy key for any new Cathe workouts, but if I do, it will be Ripped with HIIT. I was already leaning towards that one, since I do love lifting and HIIT, and hearing from y'all, I feel pretty good about that decision. A friend let me try the ICE Metabolic workout and I really liked it, so I will try to get that one on a Deal of the Day sometime.

I looked into Body Shred, but I don't think the DVDs are available anymore. I think maybe downloads are available, but I haven't looked into it thoroughly. I like Jillian's 3-2-1 format, but I am already tired of Level 1 of Ripped in 30 after only doing it twice! My plan was to do L1 on M-W-F for one week, then move to L2 on M-W-F of the next week, and so on, but yesterday I simply could not face L1 again, so I did L2. Perhaps I should do L1 on Monday, L2 on Wed, and L3 on Fri for a few weeks instead. I recall disliking Level 4 when I did these workouts before, but I will give it a shot when I can't stand the other levels anymore.

Workouts for the week:

Mon - Ripped L1
Tues - Turbo Fire HIIT 30
Wed - Ripped L1
Thurs - Walked 5.5 miles - and listened to my favorite fun podcast, The Office Ladies - it was just what I needed!
Fri - Ripped L2
Sat - 21 Day Fix Cardio Fix

Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 01-11-21, 07:37 PM  
Jules

Not much to report here. I took the weekend off from working out because I felt like I was fighting off a cold. Feeling much better this morning, I did BodyShred: Launch and followed it up with Travis' Short & Sweet #1. I might do some yin yoga tonight or just a few stretches on my own.

Malinda: You had a great week! Of all the ICE workouts, the Metabolic one is my favorite. For me it is the toughest workout in that series. The Blizzard Blast is very challenging! I like your idea of mixing up the different level workouts of Ripped in 30 to keep you motivated!

Kate: Travis is far and away my favorite yoga instructor; I just feel so darn good when I follow his practices! I really like Bryan Kest as well, but not his swearing. I agree that Travis' yin practices are pure gold. What are you up to this week - more MBF?

Waves to Linda and Kim and everyone else out there
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 01:20 PM  
Mickey12

Jules I have Jillian's Body Revolution but not Body Shred. I think Revolution came out before Shred and it's a little easier? Am I just making that up? Truth be told, I never finished Body Revolution and I'm not sure I did very many of the workouts. I also have all of Jillian's single DVDs. According to my logs, I didn't do a single Jillian workout in 2021.

Malinda good luck with the Ripped in 30 rotation. I'm very rotationally challenged. I'm so willy nilly all over the place with my workouts. I just do what I feel like on any given day. Do you have other Jillian workouts that you could substitute in for the Ripped in 30 ones?

Oh, and I checked on Amazon and Body Shred is available on DVD. Not that I'm enabling or anything.

Hope everyone is enjoying a good week. I only had a half day of work yesterday because the building didn't have heat. At first I was disgusted that they closed the office, but once I got home it was such a nice, unexpected afternoon of relaxing. It was very, very nice.
Old 01-12-21, 01:43 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Malinda: I'd go for RwH too. Such a versatile and FUN set! One of my favorite Cathe sets. And what a GREAT mix of exercises for you!

Jules: Glad you're feeling better. Thought you might like to see this since you're into Yin Yoga. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX3...ENrhOXdZjWWtMA
I have only tried one of her practices but I really liked it.

Mickey! Enjoy your day at home. I love being able to work from home!!

So this week.
Yesterday was MBF Day 10 Upper + Day 8 Lower Body Burn. I really like putting two together. Half hour just isn't enough for me. Basically the same format but some new exercises and you're supposed to increase your weight a little. Some of the upper body stuff got challenging as I was using a 25lb dumbell.
Yoga was a new practice on Power Yoga from Steve Jones called V3 - working your way into Warrior 3. Only half hour but really sweet.
I noticed PY has a bunch of new classes so I'll be going there for my Yoga fix this week.

Today I did Cathe Strong & Sweaty Cardio Slam Mix 1. That includes all the cardio plus the core work. I had only done Cardio Slam one time way back in 2016 so this was a nice surprise. Floor cardio, then floor cardio around your mat and floor cardio on and around step top. Really basic but good moves. Some higher impact but not too bad. I noticed there is the same mix but with modifications. Might have to check that out.

Yoga will be from Power Yoga as I said. Not sure what yet.
HI all!!

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

Old 01-12-21, 04:06 PM  
Malinda

Workouts so far this week:

Sun - Yoga with Adriene Low Back & Hips
Mon - Shaun Week, Day 1
Tues - Shaun Week, Day 2

Jules - Could there be any two more different instructors than Jillian and Travis? What a fun combination!

Kim - I have Extreme Shed & Shred and 30 Day Shred - oh, and Yoga Meltdown. XS&S is a favorite of mine. It's a totally different format and she is a little more lowkey in it. I don't know how I missed Body Shred on Amazon!

Kate - I looked at MBF this weekend, and immediately went on Amazon and bought a cordless jump rope - it looks like so much fun!

DH was browsing BBOD this weekend to find some new workouts for himself. I never really get the chance to preview programs, so it was fun to sit on the couch with a cocktail and check things out! I decided to abandon my Jillian rotation and try Shaun Week. Today was Day 2 - Pure Cardio. Fun!!! If I'm not sick of Shaun T by the end of the week (not really, I love him), I might even try T25 again - I never made it past the Alpha phase. But then there is MBF out there, too... decisions, decisions.

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-13-21, 10:15 AM  
Mickey12

I posted this in the Watulan check in, but I thought I'd ask here too. How many yoga mats do you guys have? I have 4 and I keep wanting to buy more. I love all the colors and patterns but I don't have any place to store them. Am I odd that I have more than one?
Old 01-13-21, 11:58 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Malinda: Shaun week is excellent! There are SO many good workouts on BBOD. I'm hooked on 80 Day Obsession if you haven't checked that one out. Lots of room to grow!

Kim: I have 3 Yoga mats. One is too thin and just plain purple so I don't use that one as much. I have two very brightly colored/patterned mats from Gaia that have nice thickness too.

Today I did one I had not done in ages!! In fact the whole Strong & Sweaty set has been gathering dust for a long time. Strong & Sweaty Total Body Giant Sets was a blast and I went as heavy as I could and felt a great challenge. Legs are worked a lot but upper body gets a fair turn too. I feel great today!

Yesterday's yoga was a superb practice on Power Yoga from Steve Jones called From the Ground Up. Fantastic stretches literally from toes to fingers. Very mellow, super nice. A new fav.

Still checking out all the new practices on PY site so more from there later today.

HUGS!