Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-14-21, 02:53 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Today I did Cathe Live #175 Low Impact HiiT and Upper Body. I enjoyed this more than I thought I would despite the super hammy visitor who smiled like a crazy person when the camera focused on her and exaggerated her movements like she was auditioning for a part. She wore a bright pink tank but she wasn't directly in front behind Cathe so I could ignore her.
Of course, I had to check the preview and see who you were talking about! I agree that she can be quite distracting. She's also a visitor in Live 261 UB ball-tastic (though not as hammy!). As you said, it's a good thing she wasn't just behind Cathe. In some Lives, it happens that I get distracted (but for the opposite reason) by some participants who are just behind Cathe !
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 02:56 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Talking about background exercisers that can be distracting...I saw a question on Facebook that I thought was interesting...do you pick a workout "buddy" from your Cathe workouts whom you most identify with and/or feel you most resemble?

I think my answer would be Brenda. Although Jai is a favorite too. Similar curve to our spine so with certain movements including stretches/core, I can relate to her positioning/flexibility. Plus she looks like she's having fun and many times struggling just like me.
For me, it used to be Cedie. IMHO, she tends to be more pear-shaped like me so I related to her. And I like that she always seems to be smiling and having fun. She also, had gret form. She was with CAthe for so many years.
Old 03-14-21, 03:09 PM  
lavna

Happy Sunday all!

horusosiris, Chele, cataddict: I'm glad to see I'm not to only one with rollercoaster weather these days!

manleym: I agree that the warmup in Cardio Party is too long. The last time I did it, I just skiped to the main workout after 4-5 minutes.

Today, because on the change to DST, I decided to go a little easier as my internal clock was still 1 hour early, so I decided to do Live 270 Plyo leg blast, which is a lighter version of RWH LIHI Legs. According to Fitness my style, it wasn't too cardio intensive, but not for me!!! I was huffing and puffing. The legs work felt a little light so I decided to do parts of Live 24 Butts & guts. Well it snucked up on me and many hours later, I'm still feeling it!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Nathalie
Old 03-14-21, 03:20 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Good morning! That neck and shoulder stretch sounds great, Chele! Oh, and I meant to tell you.... that low plank hold that Anna did was impossible for me!! I forget when I did it -- sometime this last week I think. As for background exercisers, I think for me it is Brenda, too. No offense to Brenda but she sometimes looks more awkward than the rest and that's just how I feel!!

This morning I did the 90 minute Travis Equanimity on youtube.... except..... toward the end, I was in bridge, and suddenly I thought "we've been in this bridge forever and he's not talking". I looked at my TV and it was off! I don't know what happened, but when I tried to start it up again the internet was out. I think the power may have glitched too. Anyway, I was pretty done at that point. Came back to the house and everything was back to normal by then. I saw that I missed the last 7 or 8 minutes plus the meditation, which I was going to do today, but did not. Oh well.

Have a great Sunday!!
Oh Bee your posts always make me giggle! I have had that same feeling sometimes when doing yoga except it was just that they weren’t talking for a while, not that I lost internet.

Can you either talk me into or out of subscribing to Inner Dimensions channel at 40% off?
Old 03-14-21, 05:06 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Oh Bee your posts always make me giggle! I have had that same feeling sometimes when doing yoga except it was just that they weren’t talking for a while, not that I lost internet.

Can you either talk me into or out of subscribing to Inner Dimensions channel at 40% off?
Me too!!! I find myself many times not looking at the TV for Anna’s March challenge. I think I missed the beep and most times I look up and we’re only halfway through. Haha. So funny that your power actually went out in that position.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 08:08 PM  
Mickey12

Happy Sunday everyone!

I am still considering Inner Dimensions streaming so I signed up for the email and downloaded the two free practices they offered. I did the first 30 for 30 practice with Travis and Lauren. I didn't get this set via download when it first came out because I'm not a big fan of Lauren. It's nothing against her personally, I just prefer male yoga instructors. Anyway, I liked the practice and at 30 minutes, it's over before you know it.

I already have LevelUp 108 and Flexibility and Beyond on download, so I don't need the streaming for those. I checked out the site and there seems to be a lot of content. We got different internet so our streaming is much better. I think I'm probably talking myself into getting this because 40% off is a great deal. Kittybug what have you decided? I use my laptop for downloads and just bring it to the coffee table in the living room where I workout.

We booked a trip to Gettysburg for June. I'm so excited! I have really been feeling down lately and planning a little vacation has helped.

Hope everyone has a great night.
Old 03-14-21, 08:24 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hi Watulans!

Today I did Cathe Live #279 Cardio Party Play Date that I didn't do on Friday. I still think this is what the DVD Cardio Party should have been! Fun, more challenging and interesting than the DVD workout. I followed it with #276 All In Upper Body. This was a great UB workout! 30 exercises, no repeats (although she does repeat triceps dips once, but not consecutive times). It seemed really tough, but part of that was that I just did upper body work yesterday, although it wasn't as long.

bee, I laughed at your story. And Chele, I have also found myself looking at the screen during one of Anna's harder exercises thinking there couldn't be more than 10 seconds left and I wasn't even half done.

Nathalie, glad I'm not the only one who noticed the hammy girl. Of course I had to look at Live #261 and there she is right behind Cathe! I didn't watch all of it, but enough to see the out of place smile when the other participants were not smiling at all during the work. But then again, they weren't auditioning.

Brenda is my background "girl." IMHO I don't think she is awkward, to me she just seems more "real" and natural. Sometimes backgrounders fix these frozen smiles on their faces that look put on (I'm sure because they are ) but hers doesn't. Not that I compare myself to her fitness-wise, as I'm no triathlete.

Waves!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 10:32 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Happy Sunday everyone!

I am still considering Inner Dimensions streaming so I signed up for the email and downloaded the two free practices they offered. I did the first 30 for 30 practice with Travis and Lauren. I didn't get this set via download when it first came out because I'm not a big fan of Lauren. It's nothing against her personally, I just prefer male yoga instructors. Anyway, I liked the practice and at 30 minutes, it's over before you know it.

I already have LevelUp 108 and Flexibility and Beyond on download, so I don't need the streaming for those. I checked out the site and there seems to be a lot of content. We got different internet so our streaming is much better. I think I'm probably talking myself into getting this because 40% off is a great deal. Kittybug what have you decided? I use my laptop for downloads and just bring it to the coffee table in the living room where I workout.

We booked a trip to Gettysburg for June. I'm so excited! I have really been feeling down lately and planning a little vacation has helped.

Hope everyone has a great night.
I'm glad you checked the other content there and found there is a lot to offer you -- since you already have two of the programs, it is probably hard to think about signing up for it, but..... that is a pretty good deal. Especially if you'll use it. I think if you can afford it, you should go for it, but it sounds like you may already have.

Very exciting that you have a trip planned. I just heard from a friend who leaves for Hawaii tomorrow (already vaccinated). So exciting to hear about these plans! I feel like we're all so close to it! Can't wait!

I'm glad I amused all of you with my frozen bridge story. I also can't believe the clock on those types of workouts sometimes!! Our internet remained flakey all day -- I do not know what is wrong -- this is pretty unusual. At any rate, I'm off to figure out which Caroline to do in the morning, assuming I have powerful enough internet. If not, I may do P30 Pump for a change of pace.
Old 03-15-21, 08:05 AM  
ChelePA

Kim... my husband would be very jealous of your trip. We actually had one planned and then Covid hit. It’s one place he’s always wanted to visit. Hopefully some time in the near future —once we have our vaccines we will feel more comfortable traveling again.

Anna’s HIIT It Harder Day 15 was a total body circuit. Her usual 3 rounds of 5 exercises that are repeated once. 40 minutes including warm up and stretch. I think she calls it a super sweaty routine and that was true for me. She finishes with 2 variations of burpees. She always gets me at the end with her tougher combos. I also had to modify the star plank in circuit 2 by just holding the position and not lifting my leg on every rep. I added on Kat’s new 23 minute rebounding workout #3. Love that she offers these shorter and so much fun routines! Looks like she will be adding some intermediate step this week too.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-21, 09:38 AM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
Kim... my husband would be very jealous of your trip. We actually had one planned and then Covid hit. It’s one place he’s always wanted to visit. Hopefully some time in the near future —once we have our vaccines we will feel more comfortable traveling again.

Anna’s HIIT It Harder Day 15 was a total body circuit. Her usual 3 rounds of 5 exercises that are repeated once. 40 minutes including warm up and stretch. I think she calls it a super sweaty routine and that was true for me. She finishes with 2 variations of burpees. She always gets me at the end with her tougher combos. I also had to modify the star plank in circuit 2 by just holding the position and not lifting my leg on every rep. I added on Kat’s new 23 minute rebounding workout #3. Love that she offers these shorter and so much fun routines! Looks like she will be adding some intermediate step this week too.

Happy Monday!
ChelePA I could talk forever about Gettysburg. We love it there so much and it's so close to home! We went last year in July during Covid. Many of the National Park Service attractions were closed and so far, some of them are closed again this year, so if it's your first time going, I would recommend waiting until the all the National Park Service attractions are open. Their programs and tours are top notch. There are plenty of other things to do and since we love it there so much, we decided to do it again this year. I'm really hoping more of the National Park activities are open by the time we go.

Tags
watulan check-in