Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-05-14, 11:28 AM  
Stephanie_B

Lightbulb Where to sell kettlebells? Help!

Due to some health and lifestyle situations I don't want to get into here, I have to sell my kettlebells. But I don't know where! In the past, I ebay videos and small equipment but this stuff weighs a lot! I have pairs of 13, 18, and 26 lbs plus a 35 lb bell and none of my friends nearby are remotely interested in kettlebell training at all. I really am NOT comfortable with Craig's list, so I'm at a loss. Anyone else in this situation? I do not really want to throw them out, but I've done that with a rebounder or two before.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 11:43 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I have had good luck with the Facebook "online exchange and garage sales" types of pages. Otherwise, how about a Play it Again Sports?

We've listed things on Craigslist in the past. I've sold a couple things....and always met people with a teenage boy or dh in a well lit public place like a Target or Walmart parking lot.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 11:47 AM  
Stephanie_B

Jackie that's what I'm thinking, Play it Again or if I have to parking lot. It's funny my sons friends are all into fitness, but no one wants "girl" kettlebells...and they aren't pink or anything. I checked with them first as I know they are pricey for people starting out in their 20s.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 01:06 PM  
dela

I hadn't heard about Play it Again, I'll definitely keep that in mind if I ever need to sell off a few things.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 01:42 PM  
slysam

I was going to suggest a local used sporting goods store like Play It Again, also a good place to find weights and kettlebells without paying shipping.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 01:49 PM  
marmact

I wonder how expensive they are to ship? Probably too much to sell or trade them away that way, boo.
Old 09-05-14, 01:58 PM  
mspina

I have had good experiences with Craig's List myself, if you need a little nudging. I'd second Play it Again Sports, or if you don't have one close, does your dump/transfer station (if you have one) have a "swap" section? In my town, it is THE place to be on a Saturday! You just leave stuff that is too good to throw away in a special section of the dump, and others can just take it.

Random Stuff:
  • Spinervals Team Member Triathlon Coach
  • Avid CrossFitter
  • Former Triathlon Fanatic
  • 2008 Boston Marathon Finisher
  • Cast member in IronGirl StrEndurance workout (released 12/07)

mspina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 02:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I didn't have good luck with Play it Again Sports. They didn't want to give me much for them at all, so I ended up packing my heavy kettlebells and moving across country with them! I wish I'd unloaded my heaviest pair, as I really don't use them much (swings.) And, my exercise space is much smaller now, so not much room for tons of equipment.

I now live near a school with many high school age kids that walk past my house everyday. I could have a garage sale with all of my fitness equipment, but again no one would want to pay that much for them.

I'm also thinking I could go to the University Athletic Gym, and maybe I can get some takers. Until the campus police find me standing around and run me off, LOL!

I like kettlebells, but I have too many pairs that I don't need. For me, maybe there are local RI or MA VFers who might be interested. And, the same for you....local Texans!

Pam

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 02:23 PM  
Messe

I took mine to Play It Again Sports and was really, really pleased with what they gave me for them. I guess it varies depending on location and customer demand.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-14, 02:39 PM  
sciencelady

You could donate them to your local Y gym and take the tax writeoff on their worth.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ader, kettlebells, where to sell