Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-12, 01:31 PM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspina View Post
Newsgroups! VF started as a child of misc.fitness (I think?). Something like that.... This is pre-Google, pre-forums, pre-anything-related-to-the-internet-as-we-now-know-it. That's how I originally found VF as well - I think in the summer of '95.....
Same here - I think. I remember finding VF when I was on the computer in my apartment - and I lived in my apartment from 94-97 ish.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 01:51 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

I don't even remember, to be honest! I think I researched some workouts (it might have been year 2005 or 2006, I remember my son was just born or very little at least..) and back then I did Tae Bo [which I found quite exhausting as a new, 2nd time, mom!..] and just heard about Jillian's 30DS or something.
Back then I didn't register here and didn't come back here until ~2010 when I finally registered! My wallet has not necessarily loved me for it!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 01:56 PM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

It took me awhile, because I was actively trying to find a forum that talked about fitness and especially fitness videos. This is when I first was buying videos in the stores (mostly Bob, Jillian, 10 MTF dvds and some yoga/pilates stuff). I did some googling, and weirdly I didn't come across it right away. I kept finding other fitness forums, most of which weren't even very active. I found Collage video, and then between that and some Google-Fu I was able to finally locate an active forum dedicated to home fitness lovers!

Then through you guys I discovered Cathe and now I'm addicted to her forum as well!
Old 11-05-12, 02:38 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
Years ago like 1996 I believe I was looking online for Firm videos or Collage or something and it led me to an email list (what were those things called?) Eventually that because VF as we know it now.
Stephanie, we've both been here since dinosaurs roamed the earth, right? I think I found VF the same way you did. To be honest, it has been so long ago I'm not entirely sure!
Old 11-05-12, 03:03 PM  
ADoll

From my sister- Helen S.

Arleen
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 03:17 PM  
Stephanie_B

LOL Michelle and Jeanne. We're getting wiser I suppose one day kids will look back and say "what is a forum? What's Facebook?"

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 03:25 PM  
Jeanne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie_B View Post
LOL Michelle and Jeanne. We're getting wiser I suppose one day kids will look back and say "what is a forum? What's Facebook?"
So true! There are already kids that say "what is dial-up?" when I speak of the early days of the internet. My 25 year old son remembers dial-up, but probably not anybody too much younger than that.
Old 11-05-12, 03:28 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

IIRC, I think it was somehow through Collage Video. I remember casually lurking for a few years before joining and posting.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 03:29 PM  
debbied
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
Way back in the 90's I was getting into fitness videos and was looking for reviews on them. I used a search engine (can't recall which one, this was pre-Google) and it led me to VF! Haven't left since.
Yup, this is me.

Constantly in a state of gratitude.

Dream big because the only thing that can hold you back is a life without dreams. Sean O'Malley

If you can keep your head when all around you are losing theirs, it's just possible you haven't grasped the situation. Jean Kerr
debbied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 03:49 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
Way back in the 90's I was getting into fitness videos and was looking for reviews on them. I used a search engine (can't recall which one, this was pre-Google) and it led me to VF! Haven't left since.
Same story, a few years later. I had discovered yoga DVDs, then I discovered Amazon reviews of yoga DVDs, but there weren't enough reviews or maybe there was something in my library that wasn't on Amazon. I think I did use Google -- fell headlong into VF and the next thing you know, I had dozens of DVDs and hundreds of posts here.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how did you find vf