Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-12, 11:41 AM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

How did you find VF?

The VF Ebay-er thread got me wondering how people on here ended up coming across this website. I am sure there are some good stories

Here is mine... I think it's pretty interesting

I was reading through a forum on a website related to a particular type of fitness/workout. On one thread, somebody said something like: "OMG, check out this crazy video of this Tracy Anderson chick trying to teach people a workout. It looks like something people would be doing at a rave/dance club!! I feel sorry for anyone who would go to her for fitness instruction!" I had never heard of this Tracy Anderson chick, so I thought I would see what everyone else was mocking. The link took me to her youtube arms workout, and instead of thinking it was crazy, I thought it looked pretty awesome!! So, I watched a couple more of her videos on youtube, then Googled her name and came across a huge thread on here. I started reading other threads, realizing how many workouts I didn't know I needed, and the rest was history

Can't wait to hear some of your stories
Old 11-05-12, 11:45 AM  
JustSandra

Way back in the 90's I was getting into fitness videos and was looking for reviews on them. I used a search engine (can't recall which one, this was pre-Google) and it led me to VF! Haven't left since.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 11:47 AM  
alydinva

I just found VF a few months ago because people kept referring to it on Cathe's forums.
alydinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 11:48 AM  
lrb04

From post on Anna Bensen site around 2005 but did not register until 2 years later. Prior a frequent lurker!
lrb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 11:52 AM  
DejaDeb

I found out about VF through Collage Video. I don't remember the exact trail that took me from A to B, but I do remember that Collage Video was the starting point of my journey.
Old 11-05-12, 12:15 PM  
Stephanie_B

Years ago like 1996 I believe I was looking online for Firm videos or Collage or something and it led me to an email list (what were those things called?) Eventually that because VF as we know it now.

If you can't do it today what makes you think you will do it tomorrow?

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Stephanie_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 12:18 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I found VF's message boards through the reviews, back in the late 90's. I remember being amazed that there were other people as interested in fitness videos as I was!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 12:21 PM  
Sissy B

I read about VF in either Weight Lifting for Dummies or Fitness for Dummies. They described the site, mentioned the Exchange list feature and quoted a couple of video reviews. That was about 12 or 13 years ago.

That's also how I found out about Collage Video and their catalogs.

~Sissy B
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-12, 12:22 PM  
Sollamyn

I'm pretty sure I heard about VF through the Collage message board.
Old 11-05-12, 12:25 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Collage for me also. I was looking for home workouts and I would read the success stories because I wanted to believe I could exercise at home without goig to a gym. someone one click led to another and I found people that were doing what I wanted to do. so here i've been ever since. Many years later, Still devoted. Just love it, and.. it has not changed since I joined.

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
how did you find vf