Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-11, 06:49 AM  
kariev34

The Firm question

I see on Collage Video that the Firms KickButt 4-dvd kit (strong bear, fast cheetah, crunch time, and floor burn) are on sale for $23. Do you firmies think that these are a good buy? I have never done older firm workouts, just the newer ones (pinks, FE, and some TL's) They look good. Thoughts?
kariev34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 07:01 AM  
Darisa

No idea how good these are but thanks for the tip I just ordered.
Darisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 07:20 AM  
firmaniac

Buy Them!!!

These are *excellent* workouts,and this is a very good value? Very Good (get them!) I bought all the titles as sets back when they were relased,and they are staples in my routine all these years....(get them)
p.s. WHFN/Anna Benson created these Kickbutt and the Fitprime sets,so they are not The FIRM titles..Wanted to clarify. But are verrrry Classic Firm in feel.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM

Last edited by firmaniac; 10-13-11 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Add WHFN info
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-11, 11:02 AM  
kariev34

Thanks! I can tell by your user name you love the firm LOL! Are these challenging enough for an advanced exerciser? My only concern is I have to look past the outdated backround/workout outfits which at times I have a hard time doing. Anyone else recommend these?
Old 10-13-11, 12:28 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Thanks! I can tell by your user name you love the firm LOL! Are these challenging enough for an advanced exerciser? My only concern is I have to look past the outdated backround/workout outfits which at times I have a hard time doing. Anyone else recommend these?
I agree these are a great buy! I was very lucky that several years ago I was given the entire KickButt set (for free) from a fellow generous VFer (that was soooo nice of her)

Out of the four in this package, I think Strong Bear and Crunch Time are the toughest and may be a touch easier (only like 10% easier) than classic Firms. But still very challenging and I don't think these are too dated, the setting might be not the norm, but the outfits are all modern

Floor Burn is an OK workout, it's mosty pilates and not really that challenging, IMO. I like to do it every once in a while as a recovery workout. Fast Cheetah is challenging enough but I don't think it flows as well as Steamin' Cardio, the other cardio in the KickButt series. It's too bad you're not getting Push Pull and Steamin' Cardio instead of Fast Cheetah and Floor Burn, but even the easier ones are pretty good. And they all have a fun factor (IMO) which makes me love them and do them often!
Old 10-13-11, 01:48 PM  
kariev34

Thanks emily! So you would recommend strong bear, push pull, steamin cardio and crunch time as the most challenging? Maybe I should get those instead of the 4 pack?
Old 10-13-11, 02:07 PM  
RHend

Hi Kariev,

I have all 6 of the KickButt! DVDs that I've been thinking of putting in the Trade or for SASE. I'd love to see them go to a good home.

They are used, but in very good condition.

KickButt! Volume 1: Strong Bear with Keli Roberts
KickButt! Volume 2: Fast Cheetah with Kimberly Spreen
KickButt! Volume 3: Crunch Time with Tamela Hastie
KickButt! Volume 4: Floor Burn with Tamela Hastie
KickButt! Volume 5: Push Pull with Kimberly Spreen
KickButt! Volume 6: Steamin' Cardio with Keidi Tanner
(This set includes a Training Calendar)

If you would like them, they are yours for postage (not sure how much postage to send 6 DVDs in a box). Just send me a PM or you can email me at ruadh09@yahoo.com and we can make arrangements.
Old 10-13-11, 03:03 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariev34 View Post
Thanks emily! So you would recommend strong bear, push pull, steamin cardio and crunch time as the most challenging? Maybe I should get those instead of the 4 pack?
Hi Kariev,

Based on Randi's post, I say take all six! (LOL!)

To answer your question, yes, I would rate Strong Bear (strength), Push Pull (aerobic/strength intervals), Steamin' Cardio (cardio w/ 4-limb), and Crunch Time (aerobic/strength intervals) as the toughest.

PS, Crunch Time is my all time favorite workout EVER. I have probably over 200 DVDs and quite a few favorites, so that's saying something. I love Push Pull nearly that much too. I hope you enjoy them...let us know how you liked them!
Old 10-14-11, 07:04 AM  
kariev34

decisions, decisions

Tags
kickbutt