Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-09, 11:58 PM  
DirtDiva

The first dvd I ever tried was Pyramid Upper/Lower by Cathe. I was hooked immediately.
DirtDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 12:55 AM  
juberann

I got "hooked" with Jane Fonda's original workout ON VINYL (yep,a vinyl record you played on a turntable ) shortly after that,Jane released that same workout on VHS,oh, what a wonderful day that was!! I paid $70.00 for that tape but,honestly,I thought I'd died and gone to heaven!! I became a fanatic after that moving onto Kathy Smith,more Jane Fonda, LOTS of Richard Simmons and the list just goes on and on!!! I joined a gym at one point, disliked going so much I just quit altogether,not even caring I was locked (unhappily) into a year contract. I just can't even imagine what kind of shape I would be in if it wasn't for home videos,I seriously don't know why anyone would choose to go to a gym Judy
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 07:07 AM  
LindaL
VF Supporter

I first got hooked with Jane Fonda in 1986. My sister and I used to do the New Workout 3 times a week. Then on to the Firm and then I discovered step. I had a Brenda Dykraf video that came with a home step that I bought. Then Cher's video with Keli Roberts, and the rest is history!

Disclosure: I was a Beachbody success story and part of a P90X infomercial.
LindaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 08:45 AM  
gigi

I was doing Jane Fonda, a few others, and a lot of Firm workouts. I was getting bored and nothing was challenging me b/c I had been doing the same workouts for too long...pretty much whatever I could find in the stores. I don't remember how, but I stumbled on www.collagevideo.com and started reading about various instructors which led me to Cathe's site, which led me to get a 5 disc DVD player, multiple DB's, a BB, and on and on which led me to this site, which has made me the crazy, insane, vidiot that I presently am! I don't remember which Cathe DVD it was but it was some of her older ones, then the Intenisty Series, then I started buying her bundles....I love being vidiot...
Old 03-01-09, 09:00 AM  
JP44

Karen Voight's Energy Sprint made me a collector. I had other video workouts before her, but I thought she was so awesome that I HAD TO HAVE everyone of her workouts, her weighted bar, her green genie balls, her pilates circle. Yeah, it was all her fault.

Joan (JP44)
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 09:05 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

My very first workout video was a walking workout with Densie Austin, from Walmart, In 1996, I believe Then I saw a tiny ad for Collage video in the back of a Shape magazine, not long after that. I ordered a catalog, and ordered my first Firm workout, and I was a vidiot from then on!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 09:08 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Firm Vol I w/Susan Harris bought when in first came out in the '80s. It was a different and innovative way to workout and I was hooked immediately. I subsequently bought all original Firms, and still have them. Paid $50 for each on presale, sight unseen. The anticipation and excitement of each new release has not been matched by any other VHS/DVD since.
Yeah that. I had never thought about doing any weight training except in a gym, which didn't appeal (intimidation factor, expense, going to be full of sweaty grunting men, etc etc). Then I saw an ad in Shape magazine for the Firm and ordered Volumes 1 and 2. Got great results, signed up for every pre-order during the days of BBH and never looked back.
Old 03-01-09, 09:09 AM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

I took dance classes for years and then stopped after I had kids. I used books off and on for years, Marjorie Craig's (Miss Craig) 21 Day Fitness Plan and eventually Karen Voight's book. Then I added a few dvds which was a VERY big deal for me - Leslie's WATP and a few Voight. I became hooked when I found Cathe's site and then VF.
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 09:28 AM  
weighttrain
VF Supporter

Volume 1. A generous co-worker loaned it to me. I purchased all of the Classics as they became available and I haven't looked back.

Beth
Old 03-01-09, 09:32 AM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I also started with vinyl record aerobic workouts and a mini-trampoline. Then years later I dabbled in the FIRM and Denise Austin. There were also gyms and a couple of home machines over the years.

But the DVD that finally made me see the light and really stick to something serious and long-term was Cathe's Pure Strength.
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first videos, how did you find vf, vidiot