Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-14-07, 09:13 AM  
mtnmom

Where were you born? San Francisco

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Nothing big, but I got a door gym (and surprised myself 'cause I can do a couple pull-ups!) and a play ball for my Squeeze workout.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? I'm taking my boys to Puerto Vallarta and meeting up with my best friend from high school who now lives in Texas. We're both single moms (she has a teenage daughter) and are sharing a condo there.

What is one thing you love about VF? I can talk about my workout DVDs and people understand my interest! In real life, conversations like that usually fall flat and I get a glazed look from people. You all have cost me bunches of money, but it was all well spent.
Old 05-14-07, 09:24 AM  
jbear

Inspire Fitness

Actually, the one we're getting is rather affordable - under $1500.. plus we know one of the sales people and he will probably be able to swing us a deal. We're getting the M1.
jbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 09:35 AM  
kate_vn

Where were you born? Kenosha, Wisconsin

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? I am very into iballet, Squeeze, etc. type workouts right now. I am also hoping to get a yoga floor and ballet barre when I move into my new house.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? No big vacations, just getting ready for a move in early August. We are leaving the city and headed for the suburbs, which is bittersweet. Other than that, lots of time at the park and playing outside with my one year old DD.

What is one thing you love about VF? Just one??? That's tough. Besides the wealth of information about various exercise media and equipment, I love having a group of people to chat with about my passion for fitness. As a SAHM, it is great to have an interest that is all mine!
Old 05-14-07, 09:47 AM  
cpcathy

Where were you born? San Fernando Valley, CA

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Tae Bo Amped

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? We've already taken our first vacation for the year, so maybe plan to determine where to go next or just plan our usual summer gathering around our fire pits with drinks, S'mores and cigars (for the boys)

What is one thing you love about VF? The Dance Check in, very supportive

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 10:41 AM  
Raphig

Where were you born? Seattle, WA

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Supreme Pilates, and Slim Series.

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? No big vacation plans, but we're going to paint the inside of the house. And I'll be busy getting my 'baby' ready to go off to college in the Fall!

What is one thing you love about VF? All of the information that is available from such wonderful people, and finding out there are others out there that are as obsessed with fitness DVDs as I am!

Terri
Raphig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 10:53 AM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Where were you born?
Galveston, Texas.

What is your newest fitness interest or passion? Squeeze and Classical Stretch are my newest loves!

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer?
Making over my backyard, after construction on my garage gave me more room.

What is the one thing you love about VF?
The people and all the support and information they share.

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 11:01 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

Where were you born?
A small border town in North Dakota

What is your newest fitness interest or passion?
My passion for Pilates and step aerobics continues unabated. I also enjoy functional fitness.

I'm hoping to take a trip to Europe, but plans are not firm yet.

What is the one thing you love about VF?
The wonderful people who are so generous!
Old 05-14-07, 11:09 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

I'm Sassy - I'm 38 (in July), married and have two kids aged 11 & 13. I know that wasn't asked, but I also know that people like to have a sense of who someone is and how closely that person relates to themselves - especially in a forum like this where there's a lot of advice giving going on.

Where were you born?

I was born in Duluth, MN - and although I have moved around a little, I'm back in the area now.

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest?

I'm just getting back into working out after a fall and winter of slug-life brought on by the stress of buying and getting going with a new business.

Right now, I'm really interested in shaping, muscle building, and core strengthening, as well as flexibility. I used to do a ton of yoga, and I'm getting back to that, but I'm also really big on the iBallets, and other similar workouts right now - pilates, Lotte Berk, etc.

My other big thing right now is really FUN cardo - Core Rhythms, belly dance, and I have Xflowsion on the way.

This is our summer of cleaning things out and fixing things up. Nothing new gets started this summer, or I'm going to pitch a fit!! We have a million things that need to get FINISHED first!

Also - big summer for getting in shape as I'm suddenly feeling very old before my time.

What is one thing you love about VF?

I love the honesty about workouts and all the very detailed advice people can give, I love the help and motivation I can get here.

Also - I love the language! I love that various groups develop their own language specific to the topic at hand - like TIFTing, DOM, vidiot, etc.....

And? You guys GET it!! You know all about the video fixation!

Sassy

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 12:32 PM  
killoffsonny

My info

Where were you born? Oregon but I"ve lived in Texas for over thirty years

What is your newest fitness toy, passion, or interest? Pilates and ballet workouts

What big (or not so big) plans do you have for this summer? Already went on a cruise to cozumel. I will visit my brother in Denver this July.

What is one thing you love about VF? All the information about fitness that I find here.
killoffsonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-07, 01:55 PM  
Tess_ATL

Born: Tampa, Florida

Newest fitness toy: Acquiring lots of new Cathe DVD's and trying to do them all, slowly but surely!!

Plans for summer: Spend lots of time at the pool, going to Florida in July for a girl's spa trip, and Cathe road trip in August!

Love about VF: There is nothing about VF that I don't like. The people are great and it is awesome to connect with others who love fitness and videos as much as I do!
Tess_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
getting to know you, introductions