Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-07-01, 01:27 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Congratulations JoJo!!

Quote:
Originally posted by JoJo G
I've been away from VF for awhile as I just had a baby about 2 months ago (a beautiful boy named Lance Dean)!
I really want to get started with scrapbooking, but I'm a little overwhelmed with how to get started. Any advice?
Congratulations on your new baby boy!! You're so busy now. No wonder you only have time to read the threads.

Scrapbooking - The first thing to do is gather up your pictures and organize them by events. It's also easier to just copy designs from books and magazines.

Helen
Helen S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 01:42 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Are you a VFer or a refugee??

Well, to quote Tom Petty, you don't have to live like a refugee!!

I know there are a lot of new folks here at VF since the various "censorship" debacles at the Firm and at FitPrime. So I'd like to invite you all to introduce yourselves and make yourselves at home. Are you going to be a VFer, one who participates in the forum at large, or are you going to remain only a visitor, with complaining about other forums your only sport here? I'd love to see you get involved in our fitness discussions! This isn't really designed to be a place for the disgruntled and disenchanted from other fitness forums to gather and have a free place from which to complain. How long can THAT be fun, anyway?

So come on in, the water's fine! Introduce yourselves here, and find something you're interested in talking about! We're glad you're here.

Many of you from the FF know me as susan p, that's my name, my only name, wherever I go, it's always the same! (la de da, nothing like going from Tom Petty to a kid's ditty all in one musically inspired post!). Anyway, I've been a VFer since 1998 and a Firm forumer since there WAS Firm forum. . . I don't hang out regularly anywhere else because two forums are already probably one too many! haha. I'm 38, mom of 3, married almost 18 years, worked out on and off (mostly on) from 92 to 96, and didn't restart until Jan 1999 (THANKS VF!!). I'm intermediate right now and don't have any truly lofty fitness goals beyond staying healthy and strong and fit "enough" (I know what that is and how it feels but probably couldn't describe it to anyone else!). My faves are my Firms for strength, Cathe and CIA for cardio, and my all-time fitness inspiration is Gin Miller (I almost named my second daughter after her, NO KIDDING! --except my first was a Jennifer called Jen and so of course you can imagine the confusion. . . )

So tell us about YOU, then go pick an interesting thread to post to!
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 01:45 PM  
Evelyn

Smile Hi!

I used to post here and have lurked at this and other forums for the past several months. I post as much as I can and I like to lurk and read because reading about exercise and tapes keeps me motivated. I haven't been part of the drama that's been going on but I have been reading about it. Thanks for the chance to pop in and say hello.
Evelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 01:46 PM  
Barbara P
VF Supporter

Talking

Well I've been a VFer for almost 6 years, so I'm not a refugee, but I have to admit I am not posting much at all over at the FF or fit prime due to the circumstances. I'm Barbara P over there too (I'm sooo original )
Barbara P
PS Now that Wendy has merged the two threads, my bio is on page 2 of this one, posted last November!

I do have a couple of changes to that bio....I lost my beloved cat Alexis on 2/3/02 and aquired Ariel and Belle (sisters) which brings the feline total to 3. And today is my son's "virtual" birthday (Virtual since there is no 2/29 this year) so he is 10.
Barbara P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 01:54 PM  
junemom
VF Supporter

Hello, my name is...

I'm Junemom here, there, and everywhere, because my three kids were all born on the same day in June. Real name: Christine. I discovered this forum and the FF about the same time, maybe 8 months ago, and discovered fitness only slightly before that, maybe 15 months ago.

I have amassed a ton of firm tapes in the last 8 months (thank you to those of you who sold them to me on ebay, I bet you're in here somewhere), as well as a lot of cathes (I visit her forum often too, but mostly lurk-lots of good threads there about supplements and nutrition, etc, I have found)

Love the firm forum for reading about firm workouts, love this forum for reading about everything else fitness related. Have found the fitprime forum a little surreal but I always check it out for Suzan or Tracie posts.

other vital stats: I'm 38, I am a TV producer, I workout 6 days a week, because it makes me feel good, has taught me to have discipline and focus, and now I can carry the groceries into the house in less trips!

Christine
junemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 02:02 PM  
Sharonm
VF Supporter

loyal VFer

I've been a VFer since early 97. I love it here for advice and tips on exercise and making friends, cyber and in person. I'm 43, married with 1 daughter. I've been working out for about 11 yrs. and started teaching aerobics about 6 yrs. ago. I've learned so much about different instructors thanks to this place, since about all I did before was Kathy Smith and Jane Fonda.
I've never been to the other place and after reading some of the threads about how it is, I'm glad I didn't. I'll stay right here in my comfy zone, thank you very much.

ACE Group Fitness Instructor
Fit 4 Life
Sharonm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 02:07 PM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

welcome to VF

I was just about to resurrect this thread when I saw Susan P had started a similar one. GMTA, eh, Susan?

Still, I'm going to get this one going again (and probably merge the other into this one) so that those who already posted to this thread way back when we got the new software don't have to repost their life stories .

Anyway, I am delighted to see so many new names/faces at VF in 2002, and would like to extend an official welcome to everyone. Most of you know me already, but if you'd like to read more about me and how VF got started, see the following links:

http://www.videofitness.com/about/newcomers.php

http://www.videofitness.com/features/vfhistory/

The last link is a year out of date now that we've just celebrated our 6th birthday in February. Note that the little guy in the photo will be celebrating his 3rd birthday on March 10th!

We have a fantastic community here, and we've had real life get-togethers in more than 20 US cities and 4 countries (including the US). I encourage everyone who has the opportunity to meet other VFers--you'll feel like you've known these ladies for years!

I'd also like to let everyone know that at the bottom of most Forum pages, you'll see a link to our Forum guidelines. They differ in some respects from most fitness forums, so if you haven't had a chance to read the complete guidelines, I heartily recommend that you do so. Here's a direct link:

http://www.videofitness.com/vfguidelines.php

Again, welcome to VF and I look forward to getting to know some more about the people behind these new names.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 02:09 PM  
Karen N
VF Supporter

Hi, I'm Karen N, and I've been at the various permutations of VF since early '97 (so I think I've seen most of them).

I'm 32, single, and a college prof. Currently in something of a forced slump, since our quarter just ended, and I basically had my butt glued to the chair for two weeks grading lab reports. And this week, I've been digging my way out of everything else that I let slide. I discovered last night that apartment complex laundry rooms make good places to stretch (the dryers are a nice height, and the heat helps with the pose). I may need that knowledge in the next few days, as I only got through 4 of the 12 or so loads that need done.

Started my video adventures with the Firm (Vol. 2 - I love Janet), then found VF, and have enough tapes now that everyone I work with thinks I'm insane. I'm sure you can all relate to that reaction. Have most of the Firm collection (missing maybe 6), lots of Cathe, Kari and CIA, and tons of yoga. I have a very short attention span, so I need the variety :-) Current favorite fitness activities are Andre's semi-recent step and cardio tapes, and going to yoga class.
Old 02-28-02, 02:27 PM  
Charmed

My story...

My name is Michelle and I'm been on the forum for a few months now. I'm know as ChelleK on the FF forum, and originally spent more of my time there because that forum was so active. But I'm tired of all the hoopla. I want to get back to fitness issues, which is my main reason for visiting these forums. I'm looking for friendship with people who understand the importance of becoming/staying healthy and fit. I will definately be spending my time here from now on! BTW, I live in So Cal, work in the medical field and have been working out for about 2 1/2 years (except last year when I started a new job, stopped exercising and gained 15 lbs!). So here I am again and this time it's gonna be for good!
Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-02, 02:42 PM  
Christine L.
VF Supporter

Hello

I am 30 and I live in central Virginia. I have been visiting VideoFitness since the very beginning.

I love the FIRM (especially the stuff from the early to mid 90's) and I like a lot of Reebok Step Videos. I went on the fall 1999 FIRM trip to the Columbia studio.

However, videos come a distant second to outdoor activities. I love to hike, bike, walk and (most of all) ride my horse. His name is Friday -- he's an eight year old Thoroughbred and former racehorse that I'm retraining to be a hunter/jumper.

I also have a recumbent exercise bike that I absolutely adore. I love watching movies while I pedal.

A few more personal notes -- I have been married for almost five years and have no children. However, my teenage nephew recently moved in with my husband and I and that's a whole new learning experience!

I've really enjoyed "meeting" everyone on VideoFitness.

Christine
Christine L. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread