Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-21-21, 04:50 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I was definitely having a moment last night. Sorry to go on and on. I was talking to a good friend that I hadn’t spoken to in probably a month or so and she didn’t ask once how I was doing. The conversation mostly centered on how tough things are for her working long hours etc. I think you ladies got the brunt of my sadness on that one. Thanks for “listening”.
I’m speechless that your friend didn’t even ask how you were doing. Just wow. I guess people get caught up in their own issues but it doesn’t excuse it. No need to apologize for your rant. It was completely understandable. I second what Cattaddict said - I think people sometimes don’t know what to say when it’s such a long road and we can’t do anything to help make it better.

Nathalie , I know what you mean about not having the mental energy to formulate a post. And I don’t have the added headache of translating it from French to English. I’m glad to hear your recovery is coming along.

I did Petra’s Streamlined Strength last night. I really like Petra. She’s so chipper and encouraging. I didn’t want anything too strenuous and this was a good fit.
Old 11-21-21, 09:10 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Chele, I'm sorry about your clueless friend. I think most people are thoughtless rather than malicious, not that it hurts any less. Glad that your husband is a good listener. It's such an important quality in a spouse/significant other.

Nathalie, good to see you post and that your ankle is getting better. It seems recovery never goes in a straight line and we have some setbacks along with progress. At least that's what I've noticed.

bee, fortunately the dishwasher we picked out was in stock and is scheduled for delivery the day after Thanksgiving. My trick is to wait long enough that maybe my DH will wash the dishes.

Today was Cats with Kat, as I named it. It was the Club mix workout that Kat posted recently that Chele mentioned. I liked the music. I noticed Holiday (Madonna) and Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics) among other songs, but she had me with Message in a Bottle by the Police. I Sting, even now when he is "homme d'un certain age." At the beginning of the workout I was thinking there was too much repetition, but as the choreography progressed I didn't mind it so much as it was a bit trickier to put it all together. Also at the beginning Kat's sister rode her bike past a couple of times, then was raking leaves in the background. It was kind of a silly distraction, but fortunately didn't go on for long enough that I tripped over the step. It was a fun routine! It got paws up from Ammy and Ollie too!

Waves to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-21, 09:58 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All! Good to hear from Nathalie! I'm sorry you're so busy with work, though I could completely relate to how nice it is to do catch up work on the weekend with none of the usual work interruptions. Sounds like you are doing well on the rehab -- you will get that cardio conditioning back quickly once you're able to get cardio workouts in!

cataddict and Kim are full of good wisdom for you, Chele. I'm sorry your friend disappointed you!!

Kim, one of these days I should try some Petra! I have a couple of her dvds, but for some reason I don't reach for them. I'm honestly not sure I've ever tried them.

cataddict, you sold me on the Kat workout, even without the cats on my end! Sounds like fun music. I did the Caroline #42 today -- Tempo Upper Body. That's a good one! I am amazed how effective those holds felt! I wonder why Cathe doesn't do much of that (I can't think if she does it at all?). I remember doing that Total Body Complexes one you mentioned and I liked that one as well. Glad to know you have a dishwasher coming, but too bad it's not the day *before* Thanksgiving!!

So I did that upper body Caroline this morning and then an hour walk by myself -- just seemed like the thing to do. My pain isn't bothering me too much -- woot, woot! I think I just need to keep up with the Pre-Hab guys stretches. They seem to help a bunch.

I decided against going away with my friends tomorrow. I got some suboptimal news from the doctor on Thursday and they were supposed to call Friday but didn't, so I need to make sure I get that figured out tomorrow. I honestly feel a bit relieved to not be going.

In Christmas movie news..... I saw there is some new (I think) movie with Kelsey Grammar that maybe could be promising. So much to watch!
Old 11-22-21, 10:42 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…I know Kat can be repetitive. For some reason it never bothered me because I was enjoying the music so much. Plus when I was first learning her routines, I really needed to see the moves multiple times. I love the name .

Nathalie… I know what you mean about one step forward three steps backwards . Just when you think you’re making progress. Glad to hear you’re headed in the right direction. I’m sure you’re looking forward to a few weeks off. Sounds like you are crazy busy.

Kim… thanks for understanding. I really had a lot to say on your post.

Bee… I hope everything is OK. Please know I am thinking of you.

My daughter was officially out of quarantine on Saturday and right back to work over the weekend. Today is her first day returning to school. My husband and I never got any symptoms. Thank goodness.

Today I did a 30 minute low impact cycling class. Then I added on Lite core work and extended stretch with lots of modifications.

Saying hello to all those who are still working out but don’t have as much time to check in. Happy Monday!
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 01:25 PM  
manleym

So I can post 1 sentence it looks like, but not a "full" post. I'm still here! Just having posting issues.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-21, 04:24 PM  
horusosiris

Catadidct- great idea about the garland around the mantle. Yes, the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Bee- how was your hike? I hope everything works out with your MD tomorrow. What is the new Christmas movie with Grammar?

Mickey a- table top Xmas tree sounds like a good plan for you.

Chel- you have a great family and they are so supportive. That is truly a blessing. I am glad your daughter is out of quarantine and both you and you8r DH had no symptoms.

Lavna- glad things have eased up a bit at work.

Manelym- I am having numerous posting issues too! It is frustrating.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 09:54 AM  
ChelePA

Sorry to hear about all the posting issues. So frustrating! Today I did a 30 minute cycling 90s pop class. Followed by Cathe Lite Bodyweight and Bands. Modifications as needed.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 11:05 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wow, Chele, fantastic! 30 minutes cycling plus the band workout!! You go!!

horusosiris, I guess I forgot to mention that the hike was great and actually really helped with my pain stuff -- or maybe it was coincidence? But I felt great after. The Christmas movie is "Father Christmas is Back" -- which sounds like maybe it's a sequel? Elizabeth Hurley is in it, too.

I was definitely pretty sore in the upper body after that Caroline Tempo workout. Yesterday I tried the STS squat rack workout for something different. Kind of silly for me since at this point I did not want to go heavy for lower body, so for me it was a very basic lower body workout. The rests in between were so long that for some of them I did my PT exercises in between, and sometimes I just fast forwarded.

Was supposed to walk with a friend this morning but she had to cancel. May walk on my own again -- have been doing that the last few days.

Did not get anything accomplished with the doctor yesterday, after all that. Will put more pressure on them today.

Sorry to hear people are having posting issues! I wonder if it has something to do with what browser we're using. Waves to all!!
Old 11-23-21, 12:11 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Just a drive-by to say HI!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-21, 01:56 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Very quick post - just wanted to let you know I'm ok, Justin is doing ok but time is short these days.

I am still working out every day that I don't have an appointment with Justin. Mostly Cathe Live and some misc thrown in.

I am feeling fierce although had a slight twinge in my lower back for a couple days. Not sure what it was...it went away.

HUGS to all...i'll be back with more.

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in