Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-17-21, 11:32 AM  
ChelePA

20 minute cycling class. I decided to be daring and try Cathe’s Lite Stacked Upper Body. Actually this was a good one for me. Had to make some modifications on the push-ups. Lifted weights anywhere from 3 to 8 pounds. My left shoulder has really lost range of motion and strength since the accident. So frustrating but I need to have patience that I am slowly making progress. I see Kat has a few new step videos. The one looks right up my alley. Old school club mix music. I really miss those workouts. Anyone try the new releases?
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 11:37 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
20 minute cycling class. I decided to be daring and try Cathe’s Lite Stacked Upper Body. Actually this was a good one for me. Had to make some modifications on the push-ups. Lifted weights anywhere from 3 to 8 pounds. My left shoulder has really lost range of motion and strength since the accident. So frustrating but I need to have patience that I am slowly making progress. I see Kat has a few new step videos. The one looks right up my alley. Old school club mix music. I really miss those workouts. Anyone try the new releases?
I cannot believe how FAR you've come, Chele....you're simply amazing!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 12:05 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
kittybug, you should check out the [pre]hab guys on youtube -- the piriformis stuff they have. They'll walk you through symptoms so you'll see if that's really what it is (or your best guess) but then they have some stretches that are really helping me!
I checked them out yesterday and they really had some good info, so thanks for the reminder! I do think that's my issue, particularly when they showed what NOT to do and I realized the yoga practices that bother me the most are ones that basically incorporated those types of moves.

I did Fit Split Shred Cardio yesterday and was going to finish out with a quickie yoga practice, but instead, I pulled out Bendy Body and did the hips and hamstrings section and felt AWESOME after with zero pain. I need to revisit that DVD way more because it's really wonderful and I have only done it one time prior to now!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 09:10 PM  
Mickey12

Cataddict your post had me laughing out loud for several reasons. Walter the farting dog?!? My dad, who was somewhat of a character, would not have been offended at all to be associated with that. Ha! And a cat named David Bowie and one named Collard Greens? Amazing! So see, you did a great thing helping the shelter by taking two. They really were reaching for the names!

I think it’s a very great honor you have bestowed on dear ChelePA and you’ve kept your tradition of unusual cat names to boot!

Manley The Charlie Brown Christmas show is my favorite too, for the message it portrays. It sometimes brings me to tears in all the simplicity of it.

Tonight I did Petra Kolber Bootcamp Boogie. This one is fun with easy choreography and moderate work. I did a section of Rob Glick and Kimberly Spreen’s core work too.

Hoping everyone has a great evening.
Old 11-17-21, 09:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh Mr. Magoo!! I loved that guy. Barely remember him having a Christmas special. Christmas Vacation is one I watch with my younger son sometimes -- the older one does not like it for some reason.

Wow, cataddict, that is wild about your sister getting (re)married -- how wonderful for them. Funny about the hairstyle! I can't even imagine marrying my first husband again!

Chele, wow, you are really rocking the progress! Yes, you definitely should be mindful of things, but probably a little bit of movement is partly what that shoulder needs. I am not surprised at all to read about what you're accomplishing. You have definitely proven yourself to be determined..... and fierce! Love that the cat was named in your honor!

Oh, pet names! The first dog we got was named Dweezlebug in the shelter. We named her Gina after a character in a book series that I would read to the boys at the time (Famous Five, if anyone remembers it. The character was actually Georgina and called George, but my boys thought it would be too strange to name a girl dog "George" -- even if it was after a girl. )

I had to get out of the house early this morning (will again tomorrow, too), so no workout this morning. Later this afternoon the weather was so outstanding that I started a walk up my road and ended up running some intervals uphill and then jogging back home downhill. I didn't push it *too* hard because of my stupid pain -- wasn't sure how that would effect things -- but, I loved being out there like that. Oh, yeah, and then I unloaded 1000 pounds of chicken feed.

I have a dilemma...... a couple of friends invited me to go to Napa next Monday for one overnight. I am so desperate for something different -- different scenery, all of that, but DH is not wild about the idea because these two women get out in the world way more than we do. And they've not had boosters so as we sort of discussed the other day in this thread, they are kind of unprotected at this point. Well, and I only just had the booster, so it's not really effective for me yet either. So, I know I really shouldn't go but I really want to, and I have turned them down for a couple of other things lately. There's only so many "no's" they're going to take before the invitations stop. Ug, covid.....

Ok, whiney me. I'm done. Hope everyone's week is swimming along.....
Old 11-17-21, 10:19 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Okay, Kim, here you go....

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=walter+th...f=nb_sb_noss_2

Today was gym day and making arrangements with vet and shelter for Amethyst. We are good to go! She gets blood work done tomorrow, spayed on Monday and we get all the paperwork to the shelter and she doesn't have to go back to kitty prison, even temporarily. Yay! We put a screen up between their temporary quarters and the rest of the house so our current guy could get a good look and a sniff or three of his new housemates and they at him. No drama, i.e. hissing, spitting etc. so we are hoping all will go well for them to have the run of the house together. We will probably let Olly out first so that Ammy can have some recovery time after surgery. Tonight it looked like WWE in their room, and we don't want that to happen post-surgery.

Oh, and our *(&^ dishwasher stopped working. DH messed around with the breaker and got it to run last week, but yesterday it was dead again and the breaker was just replaced so we knew it had to be the dishwasher. It's 10 years old so we figured we just needed to get a new one rather than pay $100 diagnostic fee to a repair person before it was fixed and still have a 10 year old dishwasher. Of course we had a full load and spent an hour washing and drying everything in it. It had been years since either of us lived in a place with no dishwasher. First world PITA problem for sure! We have a new one being installed on the 26th, so I'm sure we can survive until then.

Chele, I'm so glad you like Ollie's name! Now we will think of you when we say his name. And, WOW, so impressed and happy about your progress! I've done a recent Kat that was a royalty free one. The music wasn't quite as good as some of her other offerings, but it was fine with me and I enjoyed the workout. The old school club mix workout is on my radar, and I hope to fit it in this week. I'll report when I do.

bee, I so understand your dilemma----wanting to see people and do things, but also not wanting to expose yourself unnecessarily. No answer for you but I sympathize. Oh, and I wouldn't marry my first husband again either. I can't believe I married him in the first place. My sister and her first and current husband were very young when they married, and she got pregnant and miscarried within a year of the wedding. I don't think he knew that she needed him to support her after she lost the baby or how to do so, and things kind of fell apart at that point and they divorced soon afterwards. This time around he has gained the knowledge that we get from life (at least some of us learn something) and it's been different for her and then. We all hope to get together at some point between now and the Christmas holidays. Lastly, I like Dweezlebug. Like Dweezil Zappa.

manley, is that Chevy commercial with Walter the cat the one where it does all the things one would expect a dog to do---jump in the water when they are fishing, etc.?

Gonna try to head to bed early tonight. The "kids" start crazy playing soon after the lights go out and then again just before dawn. Needless to say, my sleep hasn't been the best, but I'm not complaining since they have been a joy!

Waves and hugs to all!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-21, 10:38 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…looking forward to your review of Kat's club step routine. And I can hear your happiness despite the exhaustion. Pets really are such mood boosters.

Bee…tough decision. We have been crazy careful and my daughter still got Covid. I have a feeling she picked it up at school when everyone else thought it was just a cold. We probably wouldn’t even have tested if it wasn’t for my mother-in-law‘s health. She’s out of quarantine on Saturday. She can’t wait to leave her room and play with Winston again. We’ve been extremely cautious so that Liam and I don’t get it. And when the department of health called they said to keep pets away from those who test positive.

Kim… The Christmas light show should be opening within the next week I think. It’s my favorite! You would love it.

20 minute cycling class. Then I did Cathe’s Stretch Max using the resistance band. It was perfect for my abilities. The band really helped since I have such decreased total body range of motion.
Old 11-19-21, 12:03 PM  
horusosiris

Hello Fellow Watulans

Some of my favorite Christmas movies

The original -Miracle on 34th Street

2. The original -A Christmas Carol

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Elf

Jingle Jangle

horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-21, 12:53 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Hello Fellow Watulans

Some of my favorite Christmas movies

The original -Miracle on 34th Street

2. The original -A Christmas Carol

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Elf

Jingle Jangle

Good ones! On our list too!

Cycling class to warm up today. Low impact. I love peloton classes and the variety of music. Then I did Cathe’s Lite Bodyweight and Bands. Had to modify a few of the moves. For example biceps and lunges. I just did the bicep curls. I think this may be the first time that I ever used my light resistance bands and loops. Glad I have a variety on the lighter side.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 11-19-21, 01:31 PM  
horusosiris

TGIF

Chel- I forgot to answer. I am co-teaching a course on social justice (from historical and contemporary viewpoints). I read your post and you are making tremendous progress!

Cataddict -CL 370 was just okay. It was the usual selection of Cathe's upper body exercises interspersed with some of her usual cardio moves. The weight slections were her usual 5-20 lbs.

We are still undecided about Thanksgiving. Usually we have a huge family gathering but most of us are so ambivalent. We are planning a family get together next year when hopefully the worst of Covid will be in the rear view mirror.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in