Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-15-21, 05:09 PM  
ChelePA

Bee… sorry to hear you keep aggravating that injury. Strange how certain routines that you think will be good for you don’t work as expected.

Kittybug… I find barre workouts very difficult. It’s definitely an area I need to work on in the future.

My husband tested negative. Hopefully that means the boosters are working. Bee-I agree with you that eventually Covid will be just the norm with medication to combat it. And vaccines to make it less severe My daughter basically had mild cold symptoms but I think she spiked a fever one night (of course she didn’t wake us up and just said she had chills and needed lots of blankets. Gotta love teenagers.) and now she is just stuffy. She’s out from school for another week.

Today I did a 30 minute cycling class. Self-worth was the theme. Awesome and inspirational music. I also did shoulder and neck stretching with Caroline Jordan.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 12:26 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Ok, first the workouts. Saturday I did Cathe's Upper Body Challenge and a Kat Gates step workout. I liked the Cathe Live, but was a bit put off by the music beat not quite matching the move. I always enjoy Kat's step, and it's been awhile since I've done one. Yesterday was gym day, since we knew we had our adoption appointment today in the middle of the day and needed to leave plenty of time to get there.

SO, we are now the proud parents of 2 new kitties! When we got there, the guy that my DH had picked out online didn't seem quite like the right fit for us since we knew he might be skittish around other cats, so we looked around and saw a beautiful female about 5 years old. While I was filling in the paperwork, DH goes back to look at a kitten that we saw when we came in. Mind you, he said he didn't want a kitten since they are crazy. Well, he is now trying to bite my feet through the covers of the quilt on the air mattress I sleep on in a separate room when we are acclimating new arrivals. He also stepped on the surge protector power button and turned off our internet and phone, so he's been a busy boy already! I posted pictures in my album (the first two in the cats album) so take a look at them! We are so in love! So far the newbies are friendly with each other but a little shy with us, but it's a good start. And now that it's time for bed, they have both found all the toys and are racing around the room in the dark.

Chele, good news about your husband's test and that your daughter's case doesn't seem too severe.

bee and FN1, take care of yourselves!

Waves and hugs to all!!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 07:12 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict…Congratulations!!!! I don’t think I ever looked at your album before. Love all the pics!!! Sounds like your new additions will keep you busy and very happy. Double trouble! Any names????
Old 11-16-21, 11:07 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

FN2, they're absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you! Toys and racing around in the dark is a very good start indeed! More pics, more pics!!

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 12:48 PM  
Mickey12

Chele hip hip hooray for doing a 30 minute, THIRTY MINUTE!!!! spin class. Woot Woot!!! That's so amazing!!

And to Cataddict I love new Olly and Amethyst. I love striped cats so much. They're such beauties! I'm so glad you got two. I feel like there are soooo many animals that need homes and if you're going to get one, why not take two and help the shelters even more. I mean, it's only one more, right? And yes, kittens are CRAZY! My husband used to say Finley had bugs in his brain. He would just bounce all over the place with no rhyme or reason to it. Enjoy them!!!
Old 11-16-21, 02:21 PM  
manleym

Kim I totally forgot about all of the classic Christmas cartoons. I love them all too for the same reasons as you. Charlie Brown is my absolute favorite. How funny that your dad and hair stylist have the same name. There's a Chevy commercial with a cat named Walter, so that's where I got the name from. And yes, I have a Google Doc where I keep notes on the workout for the day and my thoughts. I started in when we were in lock down and it really helps me keep track of what I've done. Otherwise I just stare at my dvds, wondering which one to do, and usually pick the same ones over and over again.

ChelePA I'm so sorry your daughter tested positive but am so glad your husband didn't! And glad her symptoms are mild. Yay on your low impact or beginner cycling classes! That's so great you're able to do them!

Bee I'm glad the notes are helpful! I do the same with workouts ya'll post. It helps me know what to expect. I'm sorry your problem area was triggered again. So frustrating. Agree with your friend about covid. Sadly I think it's "when, not if" regarding getting covid and just trying to manage the symptoms. I think so many more people have had it than we'll ever know, but were either asymptomatic or thought it was cold, allergies, etc. My FIL is just now getting over it and has had a really hard time. He wasn't hospitalized but has been on oxygen for awhile and zero energy. A friend from church has been in the hospital and is really struggling. I hope the companies find a way to make the symptoms milder to help ease some of this.

Cataddict congratulations on the 2 new additions to your family! Very exciting! So stinkin' cute! I love Ollie's personality really shining through in the picture. Amethyst looks a little more reserved but I know she'll warm up to her new family soon.

Hugs and waves everyone!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-21, 02:35 PM  
ChelePA

Obviously I’m clueless and didn’t see the captions below the pictures. Ha ha. How about Olyphant is where I live. So loving the name Ollie. Amethyst is also such a unique name. Congratulations again!
Old 11-16-21, 03:20 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Oh those cats! They're all gorgeous! How fun, funny, and yes, sometimes annoying. I bet it will help that you have two new together -- they'll keep each other busy.

Christmas movies/shows..... did we talk about Dash and Lilly last year? Was I part of this group last Christmas? I honestly can't remember! At any rate, Dash and Lily is really fun. Set in NYC, parts in a bookstore..... young love, what's not to like? Another one with two seasons is Home for Christmas. Filmed in Norway, so the outdoor scenery is great. It is dubbed and looks a little strange, but it's not too annoying. Fun plot line. I started watching Jingle Jangle and immediately knew I needed to save it to watch with the family. Looks like it'll be fun-- the graphics looked pretty amazing. At our house we always have to watch Elf, for sure, and then usually at least one of the Home Alone's. A Christmas Carol with Jim Carey, and Polar Express -- it's the ones my kids grew up watching. I love the old cartoon ones since those are the ones I grew up watching.

I walked with my friend this morning and then did my PT stuff -- feeling good today! I have to remember to take Advil when it hurts -- that really helps but I so rarely take anything that it just doesn't occur to me! Doh!

kittybug, you should check out the [pre]hab guys on youtube -- the piriformis stuff they have. They'll walk you through symptoms so you'll see if that's really what it is (or your best guess) but then they have some stretches that are really helping me!

Way to go Chele! Keep up the good work!!

Waves to all!!
Old 11-17-21, 12:36 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Today was a gym day with DH, elliptical and walking. Not too exciting! I think DH is wanting to get the t shirt too but won't admit it.

So, here are the stories behind the names of the new arrivals. Yesterday we were sitting at breakfast and I was giving DH an update on Chele and he asked, "where is she from again?" I told him and we both stopped and looked at each other and it was like a light bulb went off in our heads simultaneously and we knew we had our name for our new arrival! Amethyst was the name the shelter gave her, and we liked it so we kept it. Ollie was originally named David Bowie, believe it or not. The lady at the shelter said they had gotten in so many animals in a short period of time that they were really reaching for names---there even was one named Collard Greens! Anyway Olly AKA David Bowie just stuck his little head above the tablet and was staring at me typing. He and Ammy went to the vet for a check up and so far, so good for both of them. We are seeing if we can arrange to have our vet do Ammy's surgery so as not to traumatize her by taking her back to the shelter.

I will post more pictures when I have some time. Of course I've taken many, many so far and there are so many great ones. Oh, and Kim, girl, all I can think of when you mention the name Walter is the book Walter the Farting Dog. How bad is that??????

In other news, my sister texted me tonight that she got remarried to her first husband today! I was in high school when she married him the first time so that tells you how long ago it was. They reconnected recently through Facebook and rekindled their relationship. I knew they were seeing each other but no inkling that marriage was imminent, so surprise, surprise! She sent a picture and her hair was fixed the same way it was the first time. I commented on it. It's kind of a bittersweet memory as she, her new/old husband and I are among the few people still alive to remember the first wedding. We never know how much time we have, and I'm so happy for her. Life is sure full of surprises.

One of my favorite Christmas movies is Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. I used to look forward to it every year. I did find it on a channel last year, but man, there were so many commercials that it seemed so darn choppy. I was disappointed, but I will look for it again this year, maybe on a channel that shows more respect for a classic.

Hah! This is one off topic post, not that cats are ever off topic.

Waves and hugs to all Watulans!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-21, 07:50 AM  
ChelePA

Cataddict… The naming of your cat after my city made my day! My husband said I wonder if that was the connection. Love it so much! Also we have Mr. Magoo‘s Christmas Carol on DVD. Another favorite in this house.

Bee… we also enjoyed Dash and Lilly on Netflix. And my husband likes the original Christmas Carol in black-and-white. A few years ago my daughter was so sick of that story. Her one class studied the book for the first 2 quarters. And then we took her to several local plays. She was like enough is enough. I’m not watching it on TV too. Haha.

Christmas Vacation is one that came to me later in life. I always watched bits and pieces of it on TV since it played so much. The last year I was taking care of my sister-in-law I finally saw the whole thing with her. Otherwise we were always watching Judge Judy, the Kardashians, and then the Hallmark channel. None of my favorites. Ha ha. So it has some bittersweet memories that we were able to laugh in such a difficult time.

Tags
watulan check-in