Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-21, 11:02 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

Today's Workout: The Upper Body section from Fitness Fix Sports Conditioning. I used to do this one frequently but haven't pulled it out in a while -- was nice to revisit.

I didn't work out Monday as I was pretty sore from Sunday's lower body workout, and Tuesday was a case of Life getting in the way.

I made a batch of muffins in my new silicone muffin pan, and I'm afraid I was underwhelmed. The filled pan was unstable to handle as I put it into the oven, and the baked muffins didn't quite pop out as advertised. I think I'll go back to metal.

Garrie: Thank you for sharing your experience with the Cathe road trip! Maybe one day Cathe will be able to offer them in person again.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 04:45 AM  
Margot

Good morning all!

I did a quick workout this morning as I wanted to get to the grocery store when it opened:
- The Firm Power Half Hour. I used to love this short workout but it felt a bit frenetic this morning. It always bugged me that she was off count in the warm up.

Sandra - I'm so sorry your muffin pan didn't work out. I don't like the floppiness much either, so pop them onto a baking tray before putting them in the oven. I notice there are mixed reviews on Amazon on the muffin pans. I guess I was lucky to find a brand that works well for me. When I was browsing, I decided to buy another non-stick metal muffin pan because when making yorkshire puddings, the silicone ones are just too risky to use with all that boiling hot oil!

Wishing everyone a happy day.
Old 11-11-21, 07:18 AM  
cyana

A quick good morning fly by. Definitely going to have to give some though to an alternate work-out space, as DH is still in the bed.

It's breezy here this AM - my wind chimes (on the front porch, just outside my office windows) are singing away.

It's nice to know I'm in the company of so many tea drinkers. We can all raise a cup (or cuppa ) and share our likes and dislikes. I have an embarrassingly huge stash of tea!

Garrie - Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the Cathe Road Trip - sounds like you had a great time. Keep us posted on the new DVD's, once she releases more details. I have MIS, PS and S&H (my favorite), along with Pyramids, Push Pull, but not STS or XTrain, so I don't have a good handle on how those are structured.

Margot - What sort of ingredients did you use in your creams and conditioner? I'd love to dabble in that area once busy season is wrapped up. I think Pam mentioned doing a cream that was equal parts coconut oil, shea butter and cocoa butter some years back and I like all of those ingredients. Lee and his team pick some great filming locations - high "ahhhhh" factor just looking at the scenery and my brain immediately downshifts into a lower gear.

Paine - That's a good idea to put the extra coffee in the refrigerator. I put some leftover coffee in a jar in the refrigerator recently and used that when I made Megan's Pumpkin Latte Overnight Oats (detoxinista.com). Today is the Whole Wallet weekly order day - hopefully they have everything we need this week.

Beth - I've been trying to do more gifting from small businesses, local businesses and companies that are certified B Corporations (supposedly balance profits with social good, sustainability, environmental performance, etc.). Small and local businesses have taken such a hit the past 2 years, so I try to be mindful in supporting them and keeping them afloat. Small sellers on Etsy would be another option. Edibles are another good option. Let me know if you find some interesting options.

Pat - I agree that standard time is likely optimal, but I sure enjoy my daylight, LOL! OMG - I remember those little jars of Tasters' Choice when I was growing up!

Sandra - Bummer on the new muffin "tins". I always wondered how you manage/manipulate those things since the silicone is floppy. DS gifted me some porcelain muffins pans several years ago and I prefer those to metal for ease in cleaning.

Must run - DH is awake and ready to work on the weekly grocery order.

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:16 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSandra View Post
I made a batch of muffins in my new silicone muffin pan, and I'm afraid I was underwhelmed. The filled pan was unstable to handle as I put it into the oven, and the baked muffins didn't quite pop out as advertised. I think I'll go back to metal.
Sandra, that's pretty much what I recall from the pan I tried. Maybe a silicone loaf pan would work better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyana View Post
It's breezy here this AM - my wind chimes (on the front porch, just outside my office windows) are singing away.

Beth - I've been trying to do more gifting from small businesses, local businesses and companies that are certified B Corporations (supposedly balance profits with social good, sustainability, environmental performance, etc.). Small and local businesses have taken such a hit the past 2 years, so I try to be mindful in supporting them and keeping them afloat. Small sellers on Etsy would be another option. Edibles are another good option. Let me know if you find some interesting options.
The windchimes sound sweet! What you described for gifts is along the lines of what I was thinking. One problem for me is that I am feeling so unmotivated that I'm not really up for much research into options right now.

Happy Thursday!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:54 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ YWK 15 Minute Morning Yin Yoga (with Luna) plus a.m. affirmations
~ Ellen Barrett Express Belly Blast, minus yoga and cooldown
~ 6,834 steps

Beth - 501 angst - AGGGGH!!! I haven't sought out those types of stores specifically, but this year I am buying most of my gifts from local artisans I know through the yoga community.

Margot, I have read here and there that barre (and Pilates) get harder as you get stronger. I wonder why that is? Enjoy your natural self care products, I bet your kitchen smelled wonderful.

Sandra, that's too bad about your muffin pan. I had an 8" square one years ago and thought it was my fault for not using it properly, but it was clumsy and it got a crust in the corners I just couldn't get out.

Cyana, your wind chimes sound so zen. Have fun grocery shopping today!

G'morning to Pam, Paine and all who follow!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 11:13 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

YouTube: 30-Minute Feel Good Yoga | Stretch & Relax | All Levels (YOGA UPLOAD with Maris Aylward)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrqs...thMarisAylward

Beth, let us know if you find good companies you like that are eco- or socially-conscious.

Sandra, I think Margo has the best idea for a floppy silicone muffin pan in putting the pan on a baking tray before putting it in the oven.

I'm waving to everyone!
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 08:37 PM  
JustSandra

Hi!

Today's Workout: Ultimate Leg Sculptor from Essentrics Body Sculpting System with Sahra. Earlier today I walked outdoors for 1.5 hours.

My knee injury flared some after Sunday's lower body workout, which featured a lot of weighted squats. Whatever I did to my knee is, I'm afraid, not going to completely heal. So I will need to rethink what I do for lower body workouts.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had a little difficulty with silicone bakeware!

I had today off for Veterans Day, so I took the opportunity to finish my Christmas shopping. Now I can enjoy the actual holiday.

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-21, 09:09 PM  
cyana

It's You Tube music night. I just found a new cover that gets two thumbs up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AujnUAY_ss This is a cover of Swing Out Sister's BreakOut. The original has always been on my iPOD (I love Corrine Drewery's voice), so this brings back lots of travel memories, since my trusty iPOD was always in my bag when I had to fly. It's one of my Happy Songs. Foxes and Fossils (they get the award for cover band with the best name) did CSNY's Carry On recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9P5GWWy3ck . I saw CSN during their Daylight Again tour in the early 80's - excellent concert. Beth - Foxes and Fossils sang the national anthem at one of the Braves' games earlier this year (found that clip on YT, also).

And speaking of music news, remember when I mentioned Mick Jagger going to the dive bar in Charlotte? Apparently he played tourist recently in Atlanta and posted pictures of himself in different parts of town. Sounds like he's enjoying his tour! https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/mic...CYSYLVKUIPRHY/ That came up in DH's news feed on his phone today. When I was looking for some pictures to post, I came across a story that indicated he goes out without an entourage and typically no one knows he was in these places until he posts on social media. Trivia: Years ago, some Atlanta-based colleagues took me to Fat Matt's Rib Shack, so Mick and I have that in common.

Old 11-12-21, 04:49 AM  
Margot

Happy Friday everyone!

Yesterday afternoon I walked for an hour on our local common (came back covered in mud!) and in the evening did Alice's Bellyfit Align & Allow (nice and gentle).

This morning I did:
- Jessica Smith Cardio Ballet - a real heart pumper!
- HealthBarre Top Up
- Karin's Hip and Rib Mobility (from memory)

I'm going for my Covid booster shot later this morning, so am not sure I'll get in anything else today.

Beth - I try to support local artisans and craftspeople. I've found some great gifts on Etsy; usually handmade here in the UK and at a good price. The best thing is that they're things you wouldn't normally see on the High Street.

Pat - I'm not exactly sure why the Callanetics workouts get harder, only that Sandra said it's a good thing. She did mention in one of her classes that the more experience you have, you'll start being able to target the muscles you want to work, even those tiny ones. Maybe focussing more mentally makes it harder? Or, being in better alignment? Really, I know nothing. :-)

Sandra - That's bad luck to have your knee flare up again. I hope it doesn't affect your walking. I don't know if you've tried Jessica Valant's rehab knee exercises? Earlier on in the year I injured my right knee and the exercises really helped me.

Cyana - That's so funny to think of Mick walking around just like a tourist. It must be a new experience for him not to be mobbed by fans whenever he goes in public. It's probably quite exhilarating. I've got to run and get ready but will be back later with info on my skincare recipes and a book you may like.

Waves Paine, Pam, Garrie and all.
Old 11-12-21, 08:45 AM  
cyana

TGIF!!!

Started the day with at least 45 minutes (I don't watch the clock closely) of breath work practice with lots of 4-2-10 and wrapped up with BOF to the point I was all tingly.

My goals for this week-end: NO work. Do some decluttering. Practice some self-care. Work-out. Bulk cooking and take time to stop and smell the JSP's roasting - my version of stop and smell the roses, LOL!!!

Margot - I hope you don't have any sort of reaction to your booster - fingers crossed.

Waves to ALL! Chat more this week-end.