Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 11-02-21, 11:40 AM  
Mickey12

Malinda what a fun idea of doing the rotating dinner events. Cool way to spend time with friends. It's funny that you mentioned Saganaki. When we were in Florida over the weekend, we were at dinner and the table next to us had that dish delivered. The server lit it on fire right next to us. Fun stuff!
Old 11-02-21, 12:55 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy November! Didn't we just get done with 4th of July???

Kim: Hang in there!! You'll get stronger every day. Sounds like life is good!!

Linda: I love hiking! MN has LOTS of trails and places to walk and hike. Nothing like some good fresh air.

Malinda: We're too far out in the country and never get trick or treaters either. Flaming cheese...mmmmmmm.

Oh Mickey you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Mickey! Hey Mickey! Sorry couldn't resist. HUG

Started the week with a bang! And no Dr appointments this week. Justin's dad is doing chemo duty this week (#5).
I got Amy Bento's Slow Mo Strength DVD back. I had it ages ago, traded it, wanted it back. GLAD I did!

Yesterday I did the Chest, Biceps, Triceps split. OMG. First of all, I went way heavier that Amy. At one point she used 8lbs for chest flies. I love the rep patterns, the count and the variety. I am FEELING it today!! Last night too for that matter. I also added on the short Core workout for a good hour. My upper body was toast!

Today I did Cathe Live #27 Solid Cardio Plus HiiT (45 minutes) and #114 Cross Fire Quick Fix Plus Core (34 minutes).
Lots of excellent, excellent cardio with just a wee bit of core work at the end of 114. Some HiiT, some high and low impact, even a tad bit of kickboxing. LOVED these two! And fun to put them together.

So more Slow Mo this week (Legs tomorrow is supposed to be killer) and more Cathe Live. Holding my head high and staying positive!

HUGS

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-21, 07:10 PM  
Jules

Almost Fri-yay!

I have been sticking to weights and yoga since my knee is still hurting. I honestly do not know what I did to it when I did Drill Max a few weeks ago, but it has been sore ever since. I ordered a double knee strap from Amazon that should arrive tomorrow. I have been trying to ice it at least once in the evenings for 20-30 minutes which seems to help a lot. I know I could go see a PT, but I am stubborn.

Last week I completed Cathe's Slow & Heavy. This week I did her Gym Style workouts again. I also did 2 of her Core Max routines, Stretch Max with the band, and 2 Short & Sweet yoga sessions with Travis.

Kate: I have heard very good things about Amy's Slo-Mo, but it seems to be sold out everywhere. Oh well. Like I need any more workouts. (I will be pre-ordering Cathe's upcoming weight series of course!)

Kim: I am so glad to hear you are back to normal exercise! It sounds like you had a wonderful little vacation getaway too.

Malinda: Themed dinners with friends? YUMMO! I have never heard of saganaki before. Checking out that link....

Linda: I read your synopsis of the Cathe "Road Trip" on the Watulan check-in. Hilarious! It sounds like it was worth every penny. My husband wouldn't "get it" either, LOL.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-21, 05:09 PM  
Jules

I did a little research today and I am fairly certain my knee pain is from Pes Anserine Bursitis. It sounds like it can take a several months to heal with RICE, stretching and strengthening moves, so I just need to be patient and continue to lay off the cardio for now. Winter is coming, so it is a good time to bulk up my muscles now anyway. Hopefully I will be able to lean out with cardio and metabolic workouts in the spring.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 11-08-21, 09:47 PM  
Jules

Hiya! Today started out good... the time change was kind to me. Work was enjoyable and I even got to watch Mary Poppins in music class.
After work I did Cathe's 4 Day Split: Chest & Back and took the dog for a walk in the sunshine.

Then the good vibes ended. I was heading out the door to my son's basketball game when I discovered fresh, deep scratches on the door to the garage. I think they came from the buckles on my daughter's backpack. When I got to my son's game I was standing by the bleachers watching the game and some boys were horsing around nearby. One of the boys in the bleachers thought it would be fun to chuck a full bottle of water down at his friends. It missed them and hit me right in the forehead instead. So now I have a huge goose egg bump on my head. I am so glad picture day at school was last week! I iced it and now I am having a rum and coke and watching Monday Night Football. I am sure I will have a ginormous bruise tomorrow.

I hope you all are having a better night than mine! I still plan to do all of the 4 Day Split weight work this week along with yoga.
Old 11-09-21, 12:05 PM  
Malinda

Hi FitChicks!

Goodness, the weeks are just flying by.

Jules - Well, that just stinks! How’s your head today?

Kate - I’ve never tried an Amy Bento workout, but I’ve read lots about her on VF. Yay for you for staying positive.

Hi Linda & Kim!

So I decided to try the Hammer-only rotation from Hammer & Chisel for awhile. I did Max Hammer Strength yesterday. I used heavier weights on lower body than I ever have. The workout didn’t feel especially grueling (for lower body moves, one minute of an exercise with no weight, then 8 reps with heavy weights - for upper body moves, it was little different - like 60 seconds of chin-ups, then a weighted exercise using the same muscle group). But man, my quads are SORE today.

Workouts since my last post:

Tues - H&C Total Body Chisel
Wed - Breathless Body with DH
Thurs - H&C Chisel Endurance
Fri - Rest
Sat - Zuzka Cardio Workout #1 - she incorporates 60 burpees in less than 10 minutes - whew!
Sun - Body Project Cardio Starter with DH
Mon - H&C Max Hammer Strength
Tues - Cathe Ripped with HiiT Low Impact HIIT 1 - this one really burned my legs out since they are so sore from yesterday!

Have a great week, y'all!
Old 11-09-21, 01:59 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Jules: I will be preordering Cathe's new too. If its anything like the original STS, I'm IN!
Was it the original Mary Poppins or new?
OH NO on your head!!! Did anyone reprimand the kid?

Malinda: I have several of Zuzka's workouts too. She is wicked. Well done!!! On those body Project workouts too. Aren't they a fun couple?

Backtracking:
Nov 3: Amy Bento Slow Mo Strength Legs. YOW!!! Felt this one for two days. I love the unique moves.
Nov 4: Les Mills on Demand Body Combat Extreme Cardio remix. Fun mix from other BCs. It was fun of course.
Nov 5: Amy Be Slow Mo Strength Back and Shoulders. Zowie!! I just love these slow weight workouts! I can go heavy!!!

This week.
Yesterday I did Live #220 Lower Body Upper Body Dumbell Challenge. Great stuff! Cathe works through each body part well, doing about 4 exercises, twice through. I had weights all over the place. LOL

Today I found a new Body Attack on LMOD. #112 so that was up today. LM is always fun and one of my favorite type of workouts. This had the ever-exuberant Lisa and 2 other instructors on a fun set. No crowd yet.

I am still doing Yoga every afternoon and meditating EVERY morning, no fail. Keeping me sane during insane times.

Waves, hugs, love!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-21, 07:19 PM  
Mickey12

Jules that is simply awful! I don’t know how I would have reacted if I got hit like that. I hope you’re doing ok.

Have any of you seen the new Peloton commercial? Those commercials are so well done and always make exercise look so fun. The new one has Scrooge exercising. It just makes me chuckle.

I have been walking at lunch lately since our weather has been so spectacular. It’s November for crying out loud, it should be colder but it’s just beautiful.

Keep up the great workouts everyone. You are all so inspiring.
Old 11-10-21, 08:48 PM  
Jules

Update on my injury: Every day the bruise spreads more. I truly look like I got into a fist fight! It covers one half of my forehead and goes down to the outer corner of my right eye. All the kids at school are asking what happened, which is very sweet. I still have a small lump but it is covered up by my hairline. Our school principal is going to inform the other school where the boys were from what happened because they were unsupervised. It is possible that their parents were on the other side of the bleachers but I did not see any adults nearby.

On to the good stuff!

Tuesday: 4 Day Split Kickbox. I just did the warmup, followed by Legs & Core.
Today: 4 Day Split Triceps & Biceps + Travis Short & Sweet #3

Kate: It was the original Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews! I have not seen the new one yet. Have you seen it?

Kim: I have not seen that Peloton commercial with Scrooge - sounds fun! I just found out that our health insurance will cover 1 free year of a Peloton subscription as well as 1 year of Apple Fitness, but I have not signed up yet with my bum knee. I tried Peloton before and did not like all the cursing, but it looks like they have more instructors now so I might give it another go. Your weather sounds fabulous! It is getting very cold here - high in the low 40's.

Malinda: Great mix of workouts as always!

Hi Linda!
Old 11-11-21, 07:58 PM  
Jules

Hey Gals! I have a full-on black eye now. I need to get some big sunglasses like the movie stars wear.

Today I did 4 Day Split: Shoulders, Calves & Core + Stretch Max with the band.

Tomorrow I will probably do a longer yoga practice.

Since I cut back on cardio my weight has been creeping up. I will probably eat smaller portions at dinner until my pants fit better. Cardio really helps to boost my mood and I have definitely been crabbier without it. I might try to do some low impact this weekend and see how my knee feels. I will wear the compression sleeve for support.