Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-18-21, 05:44 PM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
Yes, a number of Cathe DVD cast members participate in the Live classes. I've seen Nicole (the blond who is usually on the left as we face them), the 2 Lisas, both Jennifers (one was in the last 2 series I think while the other has been in longer), Al (from STS), Kate (who hasn't been in a DVD for awhile--also blond), and I'm told Cedie but I haven't seen the one she was in. It's funny but after awhile you recognize a lot of the same folks (non DVD cast). When she did her first class after the pandemic restriction was lifted, I found myself looking for the familiar faces. I like that the class has participants of different ages and sizes too---more like real life.
I did the same too! Many have been in the CL for a long time, some from the very beginning! In a way, they are like regular cast members!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 09:20 AM  
horusosiris

Hello All

A new Cathe series always makes me happy.

That is great that everyone is enjoying Cathe Live. I have subscribed since the beginning with only a short hiatus this year. I can think of so many things that Cathe could do with her live platform but I guess that she is doing is working for her.

Lavna- I am glad that you are seeing improvements.

We dumped cable about three years ago. I do not miss it at all. Of course, we share subscriptions among family members so we have just about everything- PBS, Apple TV, Hulu, YouTube TV, Disney Plus, ATT TV, Amazon Prime, etc. I cannot think of much that I want to see that I cannot.

We still have a landline. We like to have it for forms, etc., and to talk with people, organizations, etc., that we do not want to have our cell numbers.

Mickey- great job on Bento’s Abs and Stretch.

Kate- We are all so different because I do not like Autumn as an instructor. I have all of her workouts but almost never do them. I have Hammer and Chisel but only do the Sagi workouts. Autumn talks to much for my taste

Kim and Kate- I love James Bond too, even since the days of Sean Connery.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 12:22 PM  
ChelePA

Hi ladies. I’m pages behind. Maybe tonight I will have time to catch up. My nightly reading substitute. My husband’s mom who is 93 has been up and down medically. My daughter and he have also been busy visiting colleges. Two more to go.

I had a follow up with my spinal surgeon. He had a student with him and was reviewing my leg x-rays to show him the extent of my injuries. He kept saying over and over I can’t believe how bad your leg was shattered. He was one of the few people who have been so compassionate with my recovery and how difficult it will be over the next year. I still have weakness and decreased range of motion in my left arm. I’ve been given the all clear to start lifting lighter weights and working on upper body ROM to help improve the situation. Also wants me doing neck stretching since I have lots of tightness and decreased movement in that area also. I’ve been slowly putting more weight on my injured leg. I originally started at 35% but now I’m up to about 60%. The one big accomplishment this week is I am no longer sleeping in a hospital bed. It was removed from the house yesterday. I scoot my butt up the steps these days to sleep. If my husband is available, I have started using a cane with the handrail to go up the stairs. Need to start practicing coming down the stairs now that I’m getting a bit stronger. As always, take it day by day.

Waving and sending positive vibes to all.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 03:16 PM  
horusosiris

Chel- Great progress and it is also good news on lifting light weights for upper body, no more hospital bed, and doing neck stretching. You have come so far....and we are all rooting for you to continue the wonderful progress. Can you participate in the college tours via Facetime or Zoom?
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 03:17 PM  
manleym

KateTT I'm so glad you got a good report from the Dr. Yay! I think like you, my LDL is high but HDL is really good. I never thought about it being connected with IF or low-carb. I do eat alot of fiber so that helps. IIFC, my LDL has always been on the high side though. Dr. never seemed concerned so I'm going to keep on keepin' on. GREAT NEWS on Justin's progress! YAY!! So happy for both of you!

Kim I also have and like Tracie's Sculpted Buns Hips and Thighs, although I think they should have added "Plus Abs" to the title. I like this workout, but didn't think there would be as much ab work as there is in it, so just a mental shift. Love using the ankle weights! Congrats on doing Amy's abs without resting. I like this dvd too.

Cataddict you're rockin' it with your ROCK HARD ABS! I do look on Wednesdays to see what the CL will be for the following day, but need to remember to look after 5. I think I usually look before 5 and it usually isn't posted. Thanks for the excel spreadsheet! It will be super helpful so I'm not just scrolling trying to decide what I want to do.

Bee how's that broken butt coming along? Yay for you and KateTT subscribing to CL! I have found that I like some of the Live versions better than the DVD (if a LIVE is available). And like Cataddict I start looking for CL regulars too and wonder where they are if they aren't there. A few weeks ago I was wondering, "Where's Ro?" because I hadn't seen her in awhile. I also notice they all have their "spot." Throws me off when one of them moves! HA! Do ya'll think Nicole and the dark haired girl are BFF's? They always stand next to each other and sometimes dress alike, or very similar. I've also liked watching the fitness journey of a gal who's always in the back of the room on the right hand side. There ihas been SUCH a difference in her fitness level over time. I think it's great and want to give her a big shout-out! She was wearing a shirt a few weeks ago that said, Fit-ish" and I laughed out loud! I could totally relate! And don't forget about Allison and Kristen. I think Kristen would be good on a dvd. She's always smiling and has a good on-camera presence.

Nathalie glad to hear your ankle is coming along. It's frustrating how long healing takes, but sounds like you're progressing nicely.

Cable - we got rid of it a long time ago too - about 13 or 14 years ago. Haven't missed it. We bought an antenna and put it on the side of the house on the edge of the roof and it picks up a bunch of channels. The only problem we have is when a plane flies overhead. HA! We live in a suburb, so we have alot of local channels (CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, PBS, Cozi, Create, etc.) that we can pick up with the antenna. We also have PBS Passport, Amazon Prime, Hulu/Disney, Netflix, etc. There are only a few cable stations we would watch anyway so it's just not worth it for us. My brother and his wife were thinking of cancelling cable too because their monthly bill was so expensive. It's crazy just how expensive cable is now days. Bee we don't have a landline either, but I still have an old phone under the bed "in case of an emergency." Might as well get rid of it since we don't have a LL - won't come in handy without the LL.

ChelePA I'm so sorry to hear that your MIL has been up and down medically. That is so very, very hard. I hope the last 2 college visits go well and that your daughter will know where she wants to go. GREAT NEWS on your progress! I'm glad you have such a compassionate dr who understands what you're going through. Just having someone who will listen makes a BIG difference. I know you are so glad to be sleeping in your own bed again. It is day by day, and we rejoice in the little and big things with you.

Also excited about Cathe's new series. Whoever hears about it first, please let us know!

Hugs and waves to Kittybug, VVFer, FOLVS, Horusosiris and anyone else I accidently missed!
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-21, 09:12 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Hey All!

horusosiris, I am so curious what changes you would suggest to Cathe for her Live workouts -- if you feel like sharing.

Chele, wow -- seems like some pretty significant jumps made recently -- I'm so glad to hear how compassionate your doctor has been (Dr. Yay, from manley's post ). That is obviously not always the case but if ever there needed to be some extra compassion, your case seems like it!! Bet you were happy to see that hospital bed go.

My broken butt is still sore..... I think I need to lay off lower body for a bit and see what happens. Today I did the Live Pumped Upper Body that Kate mentioned -- it sounded so good. For the cardio I kept it low impact to keep it easy. I think what's going on is the same thing I went to PT for pre-pandemic and I pulled out my exercise instructions from then -- I don't have the very early ones anymore, but I think I'll do core work more often (because a lot of it was core work) and sub in extra core work for what should be leg days.

manleym, you really know those class participants! Yes, I've noticed the same about Nicole and the matching outfits..... and they clearly don't clue in Jen (is that her name? I'm so bad with names). I think it's very cool that you've been able to see someone's progress!!

Our power was out today -- went out shortly after my workout (fortunately) and then came on right before I started dinner, so other than messing up my laundry it wasn't too bad. This is about a once a week thing these days. Not great. As I type this, our internet has gone out, so I need to cut and paste to save. I probably should finish up...... waves to all.
Old 10-19-21, 09:16 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Hello all!

So since I last posted I've gone to the gym and used the spin bike, stair climber and walked with DH. Today I did CL #196 Toasted Trisets: Upper Body. I always enjoy it when Cathe seems to be struggling right along with me. I also did YardMax with DH since our neighbor cut a dead tree down for us and we cleaned up the debris and loaded the logs into the pickup to haul away. Fortunately it was a nice day so it wasn't too bad.

We turned in our cable equipment and the person there got us a better deal on the internet and landline service that we still have with them so we are super happy. Like horusosiris, we have the landline primarily to preserve our cell numbers for people we want to have it.

Chele, that is such great progress and so happy to read how well you are doing! I'm also glad that you have at least one sympathetic doctor that really seems to be on your side.

manley, hope the spreadsheet helps! It's been great for me. LOL I was also looking for Ro and was happy when I saw her in a later workout after the pandemic. I believe the dark haired girl you see next to Nicole is Lisa who has been in a few DVDs and at least one with Nicole. Don't know if they got to be good friends after working together or were friends beforehand. I so agree that Kristen would be awesome in a DVD---funny I was thinking the same thing about her (and Allison too!)

Kate, I'm also not a fan of Autumn, but it's great that you enjoy her workouts! There's so many choices now, something (and someone!) for everyone! I also haven't found a Cathe Live that I really dislike. There are only a couple that I'm not overly fond of but it's not her, it's me.

Kim, if our internet service wasn't good we would still be using cable. It really does depend on where you live. DH is a bit of a technophobe so anything new I have to learn it completely so I can teach him how to use it.

bee, I laughed when you said that you didn't need any new DVDs now that you have Live. It's so true but it isn't about need---it's about WANT, and yes, I'm sure I'll bite! I will be interested in hearing what Cathe has planned for a new series.

FOLV, have you decided to take the plunge and sign up for the Halloween virtual road trip? If you do, we expect a full and complete Lindescription of the whole experience, including all the news about the series yet to come!

FN1, did you try the Moo Shu recipe? The second time around I used baby bella mushrooms which I kind of liked since the stems aren't so chewy) and "chik'n" strips and both were tasty in the recipe.

Waves to horusosiris and Nathalie!

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 01:46 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Hail Watulans!

cataddict - We dumped cable (DirectTV) a long time ago. I don't miss it. We also got rid of the land phone line. Err, that I do miss as my iPhone is unreliable.

Kate - I'm looking forward to the new Bond film. And, the new Matrix. In my old age, I've developed a fondness for Keanu. He is supposed to be a genuinely nice guy in person. It's good to see his career having a new life.

Chele - Back to a normal bed. Yay!

Workouts: I finally tried Cathe's Boss Bands Total Body. I didn't love it, but I really like the bands. I can use them in other workouts, too.

Waves to all!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-21, 07:31 PM  
Mickey12

Alta, I also just did Cathe’s Boss Bands Total Body workout. I was pretty pleased with my ability given that I still have some weakness in my right leg. My lunges and squats aren’t very deep, but I didn’t have to drop too many reps. I liked the workout and was happy that it wasn’t crazy hard. The time passed quickly and I enjoyed the variety of moves.
Old 10-21-21, 01:07 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Alta, I also just did Cathe’s Boss Bands Total Body workout. I was pretty pleased with my ability given that I still have some weakness in my right leg. My lunges and squats aren’t very deep, but I didn’t have to drop too many reps. I liked the workout and was happy that it wasn’t crazy hard. The time passed quickly and I enjoyed the variety of moves.
Kim - I really like her older Body Weight & Bands workout. I might try that one with the new bands. I still need to try the Boss Bands Glutes & Core one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
watulan check-in