Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-04-21, 11:47 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

bosu - which model do you own and or love?

question: should i get the bosu sport?

i've had a bosu for many years that i purchased from Sports Authority for $75. it's the 65 cm diameter size, if you measure underneath from handle to opposite handle.

i don't use it as often as i should, however, i saw an old post by Mandy (see quote below) about the many ways she uses hers.

i saw the Bosu Sport at a local Walmart last night for $83. it's 50 cm, and when it first came out, i wished that i had the smaller one instead since i am 5'3" and it would be easier to use as a step since my leg span is accordingly narrower.

i'd have to get rid of my regular bosu if i want the sport. i've seen threads where people kept both!

thread link and quote:
Talk to me about BOSU's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy View Post
What a timely question! I was going to post how I love my Bosu!
Let me count the ways... well, I love it so much that I purchased another one this year...a pink one to support breast cancer research.

Just recently, I found that plank work when the Bosu if flipped over is incredibly challenging and could possibly have changed my view on endless crunches which I thought were the only way to keep my ab muscle's healthy. I thank Seasun's Bosu Blast for introducing me to Bosu plank work and dutchgirl for her fabulous post about form for planks.

I use it for lunges including Bulgarian lunges, side lunges, dips and sometimes Cathe or the Firm leg press. Something about the lifting up on the unstable surface and the spring affect is much more challenging than a regular step.

I love Mindy's Booty Bootcamp Bosu section..she has taught me to LOVE using my BOSU for squats.

I put my knee on it for all table work or butt work to take the pressure of my knee instead of the floor..even using a mat would bother my knee.

I love using it for hip flexor stretching..no knee strain.

I never could feel Cathe's butt work where one heel is on a stability ball and the other in the air and you lift the pelvis up...until using the BOSU step.

I lay on it for back work and also butt work.

I use my Bosu step more than my stability ball(I use the BOSU Ballast a ball that doesn't roll). and my regular mini step, regular step and Firm TransFirmer(shock).

hmm what else can I say...oh! I love it so much that I bought another Bosu last month and let me tell you, I LOVE having 2...I got the idea from the Firm's new Zip trainer. I got one of the DVD's on a trade and previewed and thought using 2 Bosu's would amp up the cardio as well as be fun to put both feet on each Bosu and do fun runs and even use the Firm Wave DVD's that have been collecting dust.
Well, I've pretty much used both Bosu's in all my Cathe cardio like all the plyo hops on Tabatacise, I use on the Bosu. I do all the step recovery using the Bosu step.
Here is a thread I started last Jan about using the Bosu for non Bosu workouts.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...highlight=BOSU

What I love may not work for others but right now, I love my Bosu so much that I can't wait to workout!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 12:05 PM  
PennyK

PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 03:21 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Despite the fact that my current "biggie size" 65cm Bosu is currently deflated and collecting dust in the basement (my workout room is on the main floor--not the basement), I've always wanted the smaller size (even though I've never had a chance to test out the smaller size--even a group class I took in college used the full-size Bosu--for burpees and also for doing squats and one-legged balance work on the Bosu flipped with the hard side facing up).

I'm 5'6" by the way but I find the 65cm Bosu a bit too big (except for the type of exercises I mentioned above in the group class).

But I know I would not be willing to part with the 65cm Bosu so I'd end up keeping both, and it's bad enough I already have one collecting dust
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-21, 03:44 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I have a "Beleboom" I'd have to measure it, but as Mandy, I use it often, almost everyday actually. I have used for all what Mandy mentioned, except dips. I always do burpees on it, it makes them tolerable, I even do one arm burpees on it (Jillian loves those), single leg balance moves, I sometimes do my push ups on it too and so more, I always have it near by, and I always use it, even if the DVD doesn't, bridges are so much better on it too. I also love stretching on it.

Ok, I measured mine, it is 61cm in diameter, and 22cm in height. I personally wouldn't like anything smaller. I am 5'4".

https://www.amazon.ca/BELEBOOM-Exerc...07MX9LK3V?th=1

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-21, 03:32 PM  
IceQueen07

I have been wanting to buy one, not that I really need another piece of equipment and there are different ones on the Bosu site so I'm confused on the best one to get. I'm 5'2, what size should I get?

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 12:45 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

When the BOSUs first came out, I stood on a regular size BOSU at a VF get together over at someone's house. In standing on it, I immediately pictured myself falling off of it and injuring myself. I just didn't feel secure on it. Note that I'm 5'3 with short legs and arms. It made me sad, because I was really drawn to it.

When they came out with the BOSU Sport and I saw the smaller size, I ordered it. And I used it for years. Eventually, it deflated, and I didn't know how to fix it, but by then I had moved on to other exercise gadgets and programs.

Anyway, during the years I used it, I used it for simple step videos because the unstable surface gave me more intensity. I turned walk videos into step videos as I did some of the routine on the floor and some of the routine on the BOSU. I stood on it while I did simple strength moves because the unstable surface gave me an added dimension. It really helped improve my balance just using it, and I also did some balance work on it.

Does that help?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 01:14 PM  
Nelly G

I have Terra Core. I did not regret getting it.
Look it is this: https://www.terracorefitness.com/

I use Bosu workouts (Mindy) , easy step workouts, walking workouts and some special workouts downloaded from You Tube.

So what Laura write I recognize: I turned walk videos into step videos as I did some of the routine on the floor and some of the routine on the BOSU. I stood on it while I did simple strength moves because the unstable surface gave me an added dimension. It really helped improve my balance just using it, and I also did some balance work on it.
Nelly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-21, 03:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
Does that help?
yes - thanks for your post .

was there a plug on the bottom of your Bosu Sport for re-inflation? my 65 CM Bosu has one, and i've only had to re-inflate it once. it's probably due for another pump up. it came with a hand-pump that works fine. i remove the plug with a tablespoon.

at Walmart, the one in the store comes "deflated" in a "pizza box", so i am guessing you inflate it yourself from the bottom. i'm thinking of buying mine from a different online retailer because i have a gift card.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-21, 05:37 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

There was a plug in the bottom. I rarely needed to reinflate it until I had the problem. I think it developed a slow leak. This was after several years of using it pretty regularly.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bosu, bosu sport