Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-05-11, 12:18 PM  
kat999

The thing I love about the Kick Butt and Fit Prime workouts is that there is zero dread factor and absolutely no boring segments. Everything is either challenging in a fun but doable way or it's easy enough to pick up quickly. As soon as I get bored with a move, the segment is over. In some ways, I think these are designed better than the classic FIRMs because there's not as much repetition of a particular cycle of moves without adding something on to keep it interesting.

Love these so much.
Old 07-05-11, 12:27 PM  
Dabbadooey

I think I am going to start the WHFN/Firm rotation.
Dabbadooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 12:35 PM  
Artist of Eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
The thing I love about the Kick Butt and Fit Prime workouts is that there is zero dread factor and absolutely no boring segments. Everything is either challenging in a fun but doable way or it's easy enough to pick up quickly. As soon as I get bored with a move, the segment is over. In some ways, I think these are designed better than the classic FIRMs because there's not as much repetition of a particular cycle of moves without adding something on to keep it interesting.

Love these so much.
I agree with you! These are also nice in the fact that they work you out without wearing you out. You get all the benefits of the classics but I know for me, I don't feel tired. That's very important to me considering I have Fibromyalgia.

" We have to embrace who we are today. We have to say, this is me, and I can live a wonderful life today." FitBoop

"Walking is Man's Best Medicine for Life" Hippocrates

"Of all exercises walking is the best." Thomas Jefferson

"Thoughts come clearly while one walks." Thomas Mann
Artist of Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-11, 01:38 PM  
desderata

I bought the kickbutt workouts in a moment of nostalgia after we received the news that Anna Benson died. I haven't done them because I've been doing more advanced workouts. I did Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah for the first time last week. I really enjoyed them. The music was beautiful and so perfectly coordinated with the moves, the set was appealing, and the overall workout experience was peaceful and pleasant. What surprised me was the DOMS in my glutes, thighs, and chest. I think if you really focus on form and putting your mind into the muscle and choosing challenging weights these are very sneaky workouts. You don't feel that you're working very hard, but they are effective. I do think you probably will need to add in some cardio in order to add to the fat burning.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, kickbutt, whfn