Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-01-21, 06:56 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - My Brain Has Too Many Tabs Open. 8/1

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 07:08 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm glad Laura made up some titles for this thread - definitely better than my brain working at this time of day .

I enjoyed my friend's performance at the play last night - today I'll be going to a circus show with some friends. I did wear a mask yesterday for the show and likely will today also. Other than that, walk Gus this morning before the show! We'll be going out for dinner after the show.

Laura, I think I do an equal amount of typing on the board (for this group especially), but otherwise just reading stuff that a good thumb would work - no mouse provided though. I'm glad you're enjoying your hair cut - mine's so fine that growing it out would barely cover my scalp.

Paula, Yeah, Gus missing out on the weasel saved my shoulder also . The macaroni salad I bought had a vinaigrette dressing - macaroni twists, mozzarella cheese, some chopped veggies and LOTS of garlic! I did try to stay away from meats as many of my coworkers were vegetarians.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-01-21, 07:52 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It should be a lazy morning. This afternoon, we're going over to Mom and Dad's for dessert and to hang out. Other than that, I'm not sure what I'll get into.

Anita - Thanks for getting us started. I think the team effort is a good thing. Coming up with themes is easy for me and I appreciate you getting in here early on Sundays to get us started. I recently was considering "fun facts" that might make good themes. I'll come out with a new list in the next week or two.

Paula - Yeah, I understand feeling uncertain about upcoming trips. We felt that about the trip to California when all we heard on the news was about how dire things were there. When you booked, it seemed that things were going back to normal and who could forsee the turn it all took?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 08:45 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Happy Hips and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. How fun to see your friend in the musical. I've been craving macaroni salad lately. Not sure why I don't break down and make it - I prefer the vinaigarette dressing. Maybe I should just buy some at a deli. Give Gus a pat for me.

Laura, I hope when you got to California you felt comfortable and safe. We have started wearing masks in stores again. We were discussing this morning what would we do if one of us tested positive when we do the rapid test on Friday. Guess everything would change in an instant.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-21, 08:05 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus and Spades game for today, but I'll have a video meeting with my professional buddies this morning. The official meeting was to be in Minneapolis, but it's been changed to an online Zoom meeting instead. I was going to take advantage of having the national meeting here in town, but now I can participate from home - at least I'll shower and wear good clothes .

Laura, thanks for coming up with more titles!

Paula, yup, for me, picking up from the deli beats trying to make something here in my kitchen! Frankly I like picking up something prepared instead of buying 5 spices, three veggies, shredding cheese, and boiling noodles and using oil and vinegar to bind it all together! I'd have too many shreds of leftovers from making this in my storage. Gus likes your pat .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-02-21, 12:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had a lazy morning. This afternoon, I'll take DH to the chiropractor. And I'll try to get the laundry done I should have started this morning. I didn't sleep long enough last night and I'm tired.

Anita - Hope your online meeting goes well. If Gus likes them, give him a pat from me, too.

Paula - Yeah, we felt pretty safe. The reality is never as bad as the news media makes it seem. I hope you don't have to figure out what to do because you'll both be COVID-free.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-02-21, 07:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Neighborhood walk with DH was the only exercise I got today. I did bake two loaves of Zuchinni Bread, made macaroni salad (I should have bought it at the deli as it took some work and DH didn't like it), made some hard boiled eggs, and got a pedicure.

I put dejon mustard in the mac salad which we both like, but DH announced the salad was "bitter" and he couldn't eat it. Personally I thought it was good. I didn't make that much, so I'll finish it off myself and he can fend for himself. Do you look forward to putting on business clothes?

Laura, I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights - not sure why but it does make you feel as though you're dragging through the day. I just couldn't face a real workout this morning which is why I just did a walk with DH - didn't have the steam for more. Glad you felt safe here. Fingers crossed neither of us test positive for COVID, that would be bad and a lot of work to cancel everything we've set up.
Old 08-03-21, 07:56 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus, going grocery shopping, and doing some putzing around outside - need to fix my garden frame that the squirrels have taken apart. I took my computer desk top section off yesterday - had decluttered enough not to need it much, but evaluating whether to use the openness to get the iPad or investing in the iMac. I've also got an email sent off to the trapeze center to see what time my party will be and what the restrictions around Covid might be for my party just about a month ahead.

Yesterday, I had my Zoom meeting - I just stayed behind a name card instead of showing my face - not much for me to say, but nice to see friends of thirty+ years.

Laura, Gus liked your pat - you got a good spot on his belly .

Paula, I just wore my regular T-shirt, so no business clothes - I did get my capris from India in the mail though - so my wardrobe has improved . I hid behind my name square in the Zoom meeting. I do wear the mask lots more now than before - especially indoors around people - did it for both performances this past week.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-03-21, 09:08 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a busy day with grocery shopping. I got a small order of groceries last week after we returned, but today was the post-trip stock-up day. We hit two grocery stores and put them away. It was a rainy day and we lucked out with not getting rained on too much.

One thing I've enjoyed recently is the neighborhood cat. There's a cat that lives in one of the houses in our section of the street. We aren't sure which house it is, but this cat wanders around the 8 houses (4 on each side of the street) in our area. She is often curled up in our bushes sleeping and all the girls (we have about 7 elementary school aged kids in our quadrant of the street) know and love Polly (the cat). Recently, she has been coming by our house and pretty much insisting that I pet her. I sit on the front steps and pet her while she purrs and winds around me. I've always been a cat person, but DH is horribly allergic to them. I've enjoyed having a cat to interact with that I'm not responsible for.

Anita - It was good you could see your friends. I'm glad Gus enjoyed my pat.

Paula - Here's hoping we both sleep better tonight (or very soon). It does make you drag.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-03-21, 09:15 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 1 Push/Strength.

Anita, glad Gus got a good belly scratch from me. Must be nice to have a business meeting in a T-shirt and jeans. I didn't realise you were having a party with your trampoline friends - did I miss something? Anyway that should be fun. We're wearing masks more again too. We can't afford to get sick now - with anything, our cruise leaves on Monday.