Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-11-21, 07:09 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - No Matter What You Hear, Words & Ideas Can Change the World. 7/11

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 07:12 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Yes, I got up early enough and my brain kicked in enough that I remembered today is Sunday and what needed to be done on VF.

I have a pickup to do at Wegman's this morning. This afternoon I may try to go over to Mom and Dad's.

Yesterday, I confirmed our flight is still scheduled and on the books. It's going to be here soon!

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-11-21, 09:09 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I tried posting to this thread before, but got the full forums note and it didn't let me post. I started a thread at the same time as Laura and got that cancelled out - waiting for moderators to delete it.

I'm doing well! Planning on walking Gus with some friends this morning. Otherwise putzing around.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-21, 07:58 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. No workout this morning - maybe I'll get in some yoga before bed. Today was grocery day.

Hope you both had a good Sunday. I see you both tried to get us started this morning. So thank you both for getting us started.

Yes, Laura, your trip to California is coming up quickly. I may have asked you this before but is this your first trip to California? Pasadena will be hot - be warned.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-21, 07:25 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus this morning and doing more putzing around outside. I'll do a grocery run and drop off at the compost pile also. Spades tonight.

Laura, hope you have a wonderful trip to CA and are able to see Paula!

Paula, I feel like your grocery run is causing me to do a run today

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-12-21, 07:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 8 - Push/Strength and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Anita, hope you and Gus got that walk in. We usually do groceries on Sundays. Glad to be the inspiration for you to shop. Hope Laura is with us again tomorrow.

Sidebar question - what are you reading lately and who are you listening to? I'm currently reading Storm Track (a Judge Deborah Knott murder mystery by Margaret Maron) I love a good mystery. My latest flame music wise is Chris Stapelton who I just discovered years after everyone else discovered him.
Old 07-12-21, 08:53 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just sort of melted away. I did a pick-up at Walmart and I did some crafting. Other than that, we just hung out.

I'm reading:

Legacy by Nora Roberts - I picked this up at the library the other day and I'm enjoying it. It's about a daughter who watched her mother become a fitness star / wellness guru in the days of DVDs and then she followed in her footsteps and started in DVDs and then went into streaming. I've enjoyed that scenario.

On my Kindle app:
Coming Home to the Comfort Food Cafe by Debbie Johnson, a British author. It's the last book I haven't read in a this series of books and I'm enjoying it.

The Last Correspondent by Soraya Lane, a new-to-me author. I'm enjoying the book even if the plot seems a bit far fetched.

As far as music goes, I'm just listening to the mix of songs I have on my iPhone in their music app. I haven't really discovered anything or anyone new recently.

Paula - Thanks for the warning. I was assuming that given the news we've seen, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Anita - Paula and I have an appointment on the books so I'm thinking it's going to happen.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-13-21, 07:32 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I took Gus to a park with access to a human banned beach, so Gus was taken there to swim - he loved it! I haven't seen him that happy in a loooooooong time! We hit the beach twice during our walk. There's apparently plenty of humans that swim there also based on the garbage found there . Today I'll walk Gus to the vet's office and get his vaccinations up to date - hopefully can figure out if his skipping meals is fine or not. Otherwise planning on putzing around today. I should read the lit sent me on the student care - about 100 pages....

Paula, tomorrow I have an appointment near a Trader Joe's so probably will hit that! I'm not reading anything in the general lit category right now - just what I have to for the student. One of these days I do want to go into our public library and look around - haven't done that in a loooooooong time!

Laura, the Legacy book sounds like it's from a VF fan!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-13-21, 05:26 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

This morning I was supposed to have a training session, but the woman had a funeral and cancelled. With that "found time", I did some cooking. I fixed myself beef stroganoff with stew beef I found in the freezer and had that for dinner. For lunch, I fixed DH some mashed potatoes. We're trying to empty the freezer so we can buy a new one and I'm coming up with recipes to use up what I find in there.

This afternoon, we picked up Mom and Dad to go see a field of sunflowers that were supposed to be at their peak. We only saw about 5 that had bloomed in the entire big field. Then, we stopped on the way home at a county park, but it was closed. Still, it was an enjoyable time out and we saw some pretty views on the back roads we took. And it was nice to just spend time together on a regular Tuesday.

Anita - That's a lot of information to read for the student. It's great you found something that made Gus so happy. I hope that the vet figures out his eating.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-13-21, 11:43 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 10 Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

The workers got the backsplash above the vanity done today - tomorrow they are supposed to paint. Fingers crossed that happens.

Laura, that's a lot of reading to be doing all at the same time. I'd start to get the books confused. Glad you had a good day even if the flowers weren't in bloom after all.

Anita, not surprised humans are swimming where they aren't supposed to. Honestly, so many seem to think rules don't apply to them. I just heard a couple got put off a cruise ship in St. Marten because they refused to follow the health protocols. The ship's captain wasn't amused and just put them off at the next port. We have the cruise coming up next month and had to sign serveral pages indicating we read the health protocols and would follow them. I'm assuming this coupe had to do this too and just decided not to bother once they got on the ship. I'm not the least bit sorry for them.