Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-21, 04:10 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I personally am enjoying not having to hug every damn person I see - both hello and good-bye.
I agree! I hear people saying they can't wait for hugging to come back, and I keep thinking that I hope it remains socially unacceptable, at least as a general form of greeting.

I think the biggest adjustment for me in the early days of the pandemic was getting used to being alone all the time. While I am an introvert, I do need some interaction with other humans. With no kids and no partner, and also the fact that I am working from home, I went days without seeing another person during the first few weeks of strict lock down. One co-worker, who had a spouse and 3 kids all at home with her 24-hours a day, told me how nice it must be to have peace and quiet, while I was thinking how nice it must be to have family in the house. Quite literally, there was a space of a few weeks were my only real-life human contact was once a week when the grocery store employee wheeled my order out to my car.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-21, 04:57 PM  
cailleach

Interesting thread

I've been working remotely for about 8 years or so. I remember being irate when the company made the announcement because I had just moved to be closer to the subway stop when it didn't matter apparently.

I've always been an introvert, having memories being content playing by myself as a child. With working at home, I've been living the life as a solitude heading out for food and/or supplies.

Moved in with my parents a year before Covid-19 to help take care of my mother who has dementia. I have more patience than my father in dealing with my mother. Conversations with her, if any, has been interesting. Realized earlier this year, Dad's cognitive decline is worse than I thought.

It was an adjustment from living alone for a long time to living with my parents. But it was good timing, to be here taking care of the groceries and errands for them so they don't have to deal. San Francisco bay area was one of the first to go into lock down in early March last year. People around here are very good about wearing masks in public. It also has a large Asian community, I'm surprised and yet not surprised about the hate crimes. Feels like half of the country have lost its way with overload of propaganda instead of facts. Another reason to stay away from farcebook for me.

I managed to get 1/4 of the 2 car garage be my little gym and have my cats who are pretty good not bothering mom. I look forward going to a coffee shop or cafe and just people watch but I expect this shelter-in-place/masks to be going for some time. I predicted it'll be 1 1/2 to 2 years for the pandemic. Definitely hit the one year mark.
cailleach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 11:23 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm not crazy about having to wear a mask. But, it comes in handy if I have forgotten to wear sunscreen. I have to get back in the sunscreen habit!

DH, who ventures out more than I, has noticed that more folks have just stopped wearing their masks. Maybe they were vaccinated and feel immune to everything.

Great, Just great...

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:16 AM  
DCW

Being home has given me the opportunity to declutter which is great. I love where I live and love my park and sidewalks. I miss the theater and live performances. I love my family and friends more.

Mental health has to be worked on daily just like physical health. I didn't realize it until lockdown.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:22 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

[QUOTE=Vintage VFer;29

DH, who ventures out more than I, has noticed that more folks have just stopped wearing their masks. Maybe they were vaccinated and feel immune to everything.

Great, Just great...[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons cases are skyrocketing in some states
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 09:38 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Great, Just great...
When I let my dogs out in the backyard yesterday I heard something I hadn't heard in a long time- a marching band! I live several blocks away from the high school and can hear the band when they are having some sort of event. Later in the night I was able to hear lots of people cheering and yelling from the high school-from blocks away. Ugh. I hope everyone had masks on as it sounded like a large gathering!
Old 04-11-21, 12:26 PM  
kat999

Recently some extended family members who have been VERY cavalier about COVID all gathered for both Easter and my niece's 21st birthday celebration. My husband and I opted not to go in person but they Facetimed us when they sang her "Happy Birthday." Complete with blowing on her cake. I 100% refuse to blow on ANY more cakes or eat cake that has been blown on.
Old 04-11-21, 12:56 PM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I 100% refuse to blow on ANY more cakes or eat cake that has been blown on.
I've NEVER been able to eat cake over which someone has blown out candles. Even as a little kid, I knew it was a germ-fest (but I do come from a long line of germ-a-phobes).
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:20 AM  
fanofladyvols

I used to say I liked baking but I realized I don't like cake, or baking it.

I actually don't need a doughnut. I am not anti-doughnut. It's just been an exercise in impressing myself that I can resist them. I used to say I always needed two...the first to inhale and the second to taste.

I adore pie. And cookies. I. love. baking. them.

I needed more time at home with my family and away from the many obligations I had. I refuse to assume them back.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-21, 09:33 AM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post

I needed more time at home with my family and away from the many obligations I had. I refuse to assume them back.
This sums it up for me pretty well. I have enjoyed this lower key lifestyle and don't plan to resume craziness any time soon.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, getting to know you, introversion, introverts