Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-19-20, 10:00 AM  
owltx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I just want to say, the borders may have been closed between the U.S. and Canada, but nothing can place a border between U.S. and Canadian VF'ers.

: heart:
Old 03-19-20, 10:37 AM  
antbuko

I food shopped on Tuesday. In both local supermarkets the papergoods aisles were completely empty. It seems the toilet paper hoarders from last week were smart, lol. I have enough on hand for now. I read that they will be replenishing quickly, but that hand sanitizer will remain scarce.
Old 03-19-20, 10:50 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by antbuko View Post
I food shopped on Tuesday. In both local supermarkets the papergoods aisles were completely empty. It seems the toilet paper hoarders from last week were smart, lol. I have enough on hand for now. I read that they will be replenishing quickly, but that hand sanitizer will remain scarce.
We were able to get a little TP yesterday. Ironically a number of the hand sanitizers don't have the correct amount of alcohol to be useful.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 01:50 PM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Quote:
I just want to say, the borders may have been closed between the U.S. and Canada, but nothing can place a border between U.S. and Canadian VF'ers.
I LOVE this!!! So very true!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 01:55 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleda View Post
If you knew me, you'd think/swear I am an Extrovert.

I am outgoing, I talk a lot, I try to make people feel comfortable in a social setting. I'm the one at the party who goes over and makes small talk to people who look uncomfortable so they feel like they are not alone. On long bike rides, I'm the one who helps the end of the pack so they KNOW they can do it. I support them. I cheer them on. I sing. I ring my bell.

But, like the above poster, I am so content and so happy to be home and working out at home. By the time I get home from work, I am so "peopled out" that I am fine to just be here in silence. No tv, no radio. Just silence. and I have no desire to go out. Whatsoever. I was a SAHM for years and LOVED it. (one car family also) .... soooooooo

Is there such a thing as an introverted extrovert?
Cleda
I'm similar, I think it's called a social introvert. Being around people exhausts me, I have to recharge. OTH, I have to be around people regularly, and have some conversations, or I get depressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Well I did finally find some toilet paper on my shopping trip this morning. I was able to get 6 rolls- wooo! They were limiting one per customer but it still was flying off the shelf. Also, it is impossible to bargain shop right now. I got most of what I needed but still spent easily double what I normally do when shopping. Want sale items....nope, all gone. Gotta buy top shelf non-sale items at ridiculous prices. And they still didn't have fresh chicken. I did buy frozen chicken breasts, but it has been years since I've bought those. I will say that everyone was calm and pleasant at the store, so that was a plus!
Trader Joe's is limiting to two items per person. I hadn't been there in over a week. I went yesterday evening and found few things I needed and good enough substitutes. I went first thing this morning and was able to get milk, eggs and butter. Still no tp, but I have a full package from Costco that I had bought before all this started.

It seems ironic to me that I'm not able to get everything I need, yet I've never spent this much on groceries!
Old 03-19-20, 02:01 PM  
Floren

Quote:

now if they could just toss us down some toilet paper.....
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 02:01 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I might go to Costco tomorrow and ask at the front door if they have Clorox, TP and/or soap, and if they do, I will pay for a membership at that moment.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 02:36 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I'm similar, I think it's called a social introvert. Being around people exhausts me, I have to recharge. OTH, I have to be around people regularly, and have some conversations, or I get depressed.
Same here. Much of my career, I have been a trainer who led classes in person. People couldn't believe I am an introvert. I would go, have a great class, and then go home and crash. Do I want to go out after class to socialize? Ha! No!!

I do get antsy if I don't talk to anyone or get outside at all during all of this "new normal". I'm trying to figure out who I can start video chatting with in short bursts.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 03:41 PM  
akaAnnie

Alton Brown has a video on youtube telling why handwashing with soap and water is better than hand sanitizer.
akaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-20, 03:58 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post

now if they could just toss us down some toilet paper.....
LOL that's funny.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19, introverts, price gouging, social distancing