Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-24-18, 10:31 AM  
upperwside

Anyone doing Hamelin Melt?

I have been doing Melt almost exclusively for the past 2 weeks.. and I feel fantastic. I love how I feel during and after.. I am also loving my results. I am one to change it up a lot.. so I will go back to heavy lifting and HIIT eventually.. but not too soon as I am really loving his workouts! Hamelin's new Melt is by far my favorite workouts he's done. I have all of them.. but am doing the bootcamp and the 6 month Melt series now. Zero dread and just feel so light and happy after I am done.. he's adorable too!
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 12:38 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I miss my Hamelin workouts (and he is adorable.) I bought the Melt90 when it was on sale recently. It's just a bit long for me right now, but I love him (and his workouts!)

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 01:17 PM  
upperwside

[QUOTE=Pam61;2790968]I miss my Hamelin workouts (and he is adorable.) I bought the Melt90 when it was on sale recently. It's just a bit long for me right now, but I love him (and his workouts!)

You can do the Melt and cardio separate.. makes it shorter..
Old 09-24-18, 02:14 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I'll probably end up doing that, thanks! I haven't even looked at the workout yet, honestly.

Thanks to your post I did Hamelin's Classic Arms and Shoulders workout today! It felt so good (and gentle) plus only 24 minutes!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 02:49 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I haven't done Melt, but I've been doing a lot of Hamelin lately! I found more of his workouts on YouTube from other sources, so I've been working my way though those.

What makes the MELTs more appealing than his other stuff? I tend to like the DMW the best.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 06:28 PM  
hotncmom

Please tell us more about MELT. I have done some Hamelin in the past, but haven't heard of MELT. What's it like? Is the cardio high impact? Are there any clips or a sample workout or something?

I have most of the Matics and some DMW stuff.

Thanks!
hotncmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-18, 08:17 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
Please tell us more about MELT. I have done some Hamelin in the past, but haven't heard of MELT. What's it like? Is the cardio high impact? Are there any clips or a sample workout or something?
I am curious about all of these questions too!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 06:51 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post

I have most of the Matics and some DMW stuff.

Thanks!
Melt is Hamelin's name for high rep toning mixed with low intensity bursts of cardio, like jumping jacks. Usually there are 40 reps of each exercise. I've done the two Melt trials and personally I found them insufferable, because I don't like high rep workouts. I do love Hamelin, though. If you like Hamelin and can do high rep workouts, then you would probably love these. The exercises are pretty basic. Lots of side and all fours leg work/lifts, typical upper body toning and planks. It's not revolutionary, but people seem to get good results. I liked his Blitzmatics workouts more as they were lower reps, but he seems to be done with that for now. If you like the Matics, then you would probably like Melt.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-18, 08:55 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Melt is Hamelin's name for high rep toning mixed with low intensity bursts of cardio, like jumping jacks. Usually there are 40 reps of each exercise. I've done the two Melt trials and personally I found them insufferable, because I don't like high rep workouts. I do love Hamelin, though. If you like Hamelin and can do high rep workouts, then you would probably love these. The exercises are pretty basic. Lots of side and all fours leg work/lifts, typical upper body toning and planks. It's not revolutionary, but people seem to get good results. I liked his Blitzmatics workouts more as they were lower reps, but he seems to be done with that for now. If you like the Matics, then you would probably like Melt.
Good explanation. It is high rep with light weights, use 3's and 5's. I am loving the cardio bursts that are added in. I really get a good burn with those little weights with all the reps. The music if so much fun and upbeat. I also love his Melt cardio days, you can use light hand weights and get a serious burn going, These are also great for traveling.

Editing to add... that there are great for weigh loss for me. The low intensity doesn't make me hungry and I am dropping pounds and really tightening up. I have 7 or so summer pounds to drop and I am down a few already... then I will start to mix in some Cathe or Kelly strength again with Hamelin
Old 10-22-18, 05:34 AM  
Elle K

Are you still enjoying HDM? Love that you've been having success... keeps this fellow Canuck quite peaked with interest I've not ever bought anything from Hamelin but feel ready.
Elle K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hamelin melt, hdm