Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-17, 03:00 PM  
LaCatrina

So I did Exclusive #1 - I really liked it!

It's intense. It's sort of the same format that Hamelin uses in bootcamp 1 and 2 classes, with timed exercises. He does a couple of moves standing and a couple of moves on the mat (crunches, mountain climbers, bridges, etc.) for a minute each. I reach often for the bootcamp cardio workouts, so I'm familiar with this format.

Exclusive #2 has more toning exercises for the legs, but #1 is all about the core and arms. It's easy to keep it low impact but intense at the same time. All high impact moves can be done on the trampoline - mine is in storage, so I didn't try that.

I did appreciate the minute of grapevines because I was sucking wind at that point

Bee, Usia (hi Dana! ) I do love that zen/zoning out feel that Hamelin's workouts give me. I think it's different for each of us which ones have that quality. For some it's the endorphin rush of the higher intensity, and for others the control and the quietness of DMW or Blitz toning. For the life of me, I cannot meditate or keep my mind still, so I love how I can just focus in the moment and detach myself from everyday life's problems during my workout
Old 08-07-17, 03:53 PM  
horusosiris

I did Exclusive 2 today. It had a ton of plank work (too much for my taste). I enjoyed the lower body portions that utilized the xercuffs the most. To me this workout had the intensity of some of his bootcamp series workouts.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 03:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Wow, I just previewed #3 and I'm excited about that one -- it's similar looking, but seems like it's less intense. Still a fair bit of up and down unfortunately, but I think I'll like this one better. Weren't these billed as cardio workouts? Maybe not. There's certainly a lot of toning in them.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-17, 03:12 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I also received #3 but haven't previewed it yet. I haven't done Workouts 1 or 2 yet either. I'm currently doing CLX and I'm enjoying it, so I thought instead of distracting myself with other programs, I may actually try to complete CLX rotation.

I'll preview and download #3 later this evening. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 08-08-17, 03:38 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Wow, I just previewed #3 and I'm excited about that one -- it's similar looking, but seems like it's less intense. Still a fair bit of up and down unfortunately, but I think I'll like this one better. Weren't these billed as cardio workouts? Maybe not. There's certainly a lot of toning in them.
It does look the best of the three, but I'll be honest - just previewing it filled me with dread. I should have passed on this series and just focused on the blitz stuff which I do like so much.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-17, 09:47 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
It does look the best of the three, but I'll be honest - just previewing it filled me with dread. I should have passed on this series and just focused on the blitz stuff which I do like so much.

Same here. I will try them when I have extra time but they just don't look like my thing. I wasn't expecting them to be so hard and long.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 08:36 PM  
desertMermaid

I received 1, 2 and 4 but not 3... This happen to anyone else?
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-17, 08:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I've now previewed and downloaded Exclusive Workouts 3 & 4. They look tough! I am looking forward to starting the rotatation of all my HDM workouts sometime next month. Last month I did a Gilad rotation (fun!), and this month I've been doing CLX and loving it. I will probably continue with CLX tihrough the first half of September and then I'll move on to Hamelin. Ah, so many workouts, so little time!
Old 08-10-17, 08:41 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
I received 3 couple of days ago.
Old 08-11-17, 08:36 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertMermaid View Post
I would email Nina and she will send right away.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm