Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-17, 08:37 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieC View Post
Now why didn't I think of this!!
It works well when he does any leg floorwork. Or, he'll turn the Bosu upside down with hardside facing up for plank work. And, draping body/backside over it to do crunches/ab work.

I'm guessing he'll use it to step on for more balance/stabilization while doing standing lunges in upcoming workouts. I've seen instructors use it for step cardio which he may do also. I just haven't done all the workouts in the rotation yet...only a week into it!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 08:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
Hi - does this also give you definition in your arms and upper body? or is mostly just good for lower body?

thanks, Lora
Hi Lora,

Are you asking about the Blitzmatics workouts themselves or if the equipment used contributes to greater definition?

Using Blitzmatics workouts gives you a more pulled in look and you will start to notice results in abs, arms, legs. You're using the smaller stabilizing muscles and doing pulses with balance work, floorwork, bodyweight work...a little bit of everything. Lot's of stretching, too! I love the Cardio-Tone workouts.

I'm just re-discovering my Bosu but I find it will be useful for many things. And, it will probably produce quicker results with less time invested. Plus, working many body parts at the same time (working arms in plank...not just abs, etc.) Great for balance work, stabilizing the core.

If Hamelin's choreographed/created a workout, believe me...your arms, abs, legs, butt are going to get worked!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 09:37 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

So which workouts use minimal equipment? (Minimal as in, just weights.)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 12:15 AM  
bex

Weights used?

Well, I tried a free Blitzmatic Toning workout that I found on Youtube.

The sound was pretty poor but I'm pretty sure he recommended 2lb ankle weights and 2- 3.5lb hand weights.

I used 1 kg hand weights (2.2 lbs) and my arms were burning! But his weights looked really tiny - like they could have been 1 lb each (2 lbs total).

Just curious - what do other people use?
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 01:53 AM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bex View Post
Well, I tried a free Blitzmatic Toning workout that I found on Youtube.

The sound was pretty poor but I'm pretty sure he recommended 2lb ankle weights and 2- 3.5lb hand weights.

I used 1 kg hand weights (2.2 lbs) and my arms were burning! But his weights looked really tiny - like they could have been 1 lb each (2 lbs total).

Just curious - what do other people use?
The little black weights he typically uses are 2lbs. I sometimes start with 3lbs but often drop down to my 1 kg weights, sometimes even less if the arm work is more than 10 minutes long. In many of the older workouts Hamelin will have you work with arms extended for prolonged periods of time so the lighter weight is really necessary. I find it is also easier to keep good form if I use lighter weights; in these workouts form is everything.

The "preorder" is not only for VFers; I saw it on his tictail page as well. What is nice is that you do not have to wait for these videos--everything was in my inbox this morning! With most preorders (actually all) in the past, the videos would be released on a sort of schedule after waiting a bit so it was a pleasant surprise to get everything immediately.
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 05:58 AM  
bex

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
The little black weights he typically uses are 2lbs. I sometimes start with 3lbs but often drop down to my 1 kg weights, sometimes even less if the arm work is more than 10 minutes long....
Thanks! That's really helpful (and also makes me feel less of a wimp).

Every time I start to get arrogant about the fitness I've achieved, I stumble across a new workout that puts me firmly in my place.
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 09:07 AM  
SuzieC

Just a question. I know the bootcamp comes with a set rotation schedule, but how is Series 1 intended to be used? Is there a suggested schedule for how many times to do the toning, cardio and foam roll workouts per week?
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 09:08 AM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Just a question. I know the bootcamp comes with a set rotation schedule, but how is Series 1 intended to be used? Is there a suggested schedule for how many times to do the toning, cardio and foam roll workouts per week?
Per Hamelin -
"We recommend alternating between the two classes up to 6 days per week.

For Blitzmatics Cardio: light weights (max 2lbs) can be used, but this is optional. Work deep into the muscles without contracting too hard.

For Blitzmatics Toning: control every single move, FEEL the move, keep the abdominals engaged throughout.

For Blitzmatics foam rolling: 10 rolls per area is the minimum, you can roll up to 20 times per area.

Always foam roll after Blitzmatics Toning."
Old 04-26-17, 09:15 AM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellybelly View Post
Per Hamelin -
"We recommend alternating between the two classes up to 6 days per week.

For Blitzmatics Cardio: light weights (max 2lbs) can be used, but this is optional. Work deep into the muscles without contracting too hard.

For Blitzmatics Toning: control every single move, FEEL the move, keep the abdominals engaged throughout.

For Blitzmatics foam rolling: 10 rolls per area is the minimum, you can roll up to 20 times per area.

Always foam roll after Blitzmatics Toning."
Thank you so much! I'm really enjoying the workouts so far. I got the bootcamp and cardiotoneG, and so far I've done the free cardiotone on youtube, cardiotoneG, express, and cardio 1.
I'm officially starting the rotation next week. My bosu arrives today. :-)
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-17, 09:17 AM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Thank you so much! I'm really enjoying the workouts so far. I got the bootcamp and cardiotoneG, and so far I've done the free cardiotone on youtube, cardiotoneG, express, and cardio 1.
I'm officially starting the rotation next week. My bosu arrives today. :-)
I am LOVING the boot camp and seeing great results already. Good luck and report back!

Tags
blitzmatics, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hdm, hdm sale