Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-25-17, 08:08 AM  
SuzieC

OK, so I've decided to go for it. I did the CardioTone workout on youtube and I loved it. This morning, though I still have pain, it is WAY less than it was yesterday before I worked out.

Question: Does he have other workouts that use the Bosu? I've convinced myself that I need to get the Bosu, but it would be great if I could use it for more than 2 workouts!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 09:40 AM  
gladgirl

How is the BOSU used? step on, lay across, both?

Is there an alternative to it or should I be looking for coupons and sales?
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 10:09 AM  
lorajc

Hi - does this also give you definition in your arms and upper body? or is mostly just good for lower body?

thanks, Lora
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 12:04 PM  
gladgirl

Meghan, Thank you for posting!
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 02:17 PM  
starbelly

Missing HDM from youtube

I was looking for the short toning videos that were on youtube, but they all seem to be missing (the ones on the HDM Clips channel). Does anyone know what might have happened to them?

Oh, and even though I swore I would not buy any new HDM workouts until I finished the DMW series (multiple!) that I bought, I think that this Blitzmatics boot camp is too good to pass up!
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 02:20 PM  
zellybelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbelly View Post
I was looking for the short toning videos that were on youtube, but they all seem to be missing (the ones on the HDM Clips channel). Does anyone know what might have happened to them?
They have been taken down hopefully temporarily and YouTube is looking into it. Someone who was approved by Hamelin was posting them but YouTube looked at it like she was pirating them. She has been in touch with YouTube and is hoping to get it cleared up soon.

There are still classes on Hamelin's channel... https://www.youtube.com/user/Methodtraining1
Old 04-25-17, 03:01 PM  
starbelly

Thank you for your quick response! I was looking for one in particular (Toning 5), but I will have to get by with one that I have downloaded. It's a good reminder to keep things organized. Once I went to re-download one of the workouts from DMW series 1 only to see that it had been blocked in my country for some copyright reason.

It's not really any different from misplacing or damaging a DVD though, and is just part of living in a digital world.

ETA: And I have already caved on the preorder of the boot camp. So much for sleeping on it...

Last edited by starbelly; 04-25-17 at 03:09 PM. Reason: ETA
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 03:51 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

In the Concept 3 workout (from the Blitz Bootcamp workouts) the Bosu is used while doing side leg lifts and work on all fours. Using it in this way works the arms as well as the abs, since you're pressing hands into the ball. It was tough! I had to stop early today, so didn't see what else Hamelin did with it. But it's used again in a few of the other workouts, too (which I haven't gotten to yet in the rotation.)

He's also getting ready to film more workouts for the Blitzmatics Series 2 and is asking for input on whether people want to use the Bosu and Slant board again. The majority of folks are responding with "yes" since this works the muscles in a new and challenging way and keeps the workouts interesting.

He does a lot of standing work in the Blitzmatics series, so everything is not done on the floor with a mat. I think when people compare him to TA they assume he just does all floorwork or barre/ballet inspired moves. I love his standing work in the Blitz series when he uses ankle weights with a step. So effective!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 03:59 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladgirl View Post
How is the BOSU used? step on, lay across, both?

Is there an alternative to it or should I be looking for coupons and sales?
See above...

Today I think my Bosu was over-inflated so I was having trouble balancing. My alternative to this was to use my Zumba step (circle platform) with a foam pillow on top.

I don't have a slant board...yet and am using my Gin Miller ramp.

The "sale" right now is for VFers for a limited time only. I imagine afterwards the Blitzmatics Bootcamp series will be posted at regular price.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-17, 07:03 PM  
SuzieC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
My alternative to this was to use my Zumba step (circle platform) with a foam pillow on top.
Now why didn't I think of this!!
SuzieC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blitzmatics, hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hdm, hdm sale