Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-25-15, 10:19 PM  
yahoo205

Hamelin D'abell Method Deep Muscle Work vs. MATICS Thighmatics Glutematics Abmatics

How does Deep Muscle Work 1 compare to Bodymatics, Thighmatics, Glutematics, Abmatics, Armatics and I guess the rest of HDM?

I like but don't love the Bodymatics and Thighmatics that I've done. I really want to tone and tighten all over, but keep my skin firm too and my butt round, abs flat. Also, REALLY, REALLY want to tone INNER thighs and back, back of arms.

Also, what equipment for DMW 1? I'm traveling for 2 weeks and would like something that worked but not too much equipment. For reference I need heavier ankle weights for Bodymatics (about 6 pounds but can go even higher).

For DMW 1, is it best just to do the 1 class 5-6 days per week?

Link for DMW 1
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...ies-10-classes

Link to Preorder DMW 2
http://hamelindabellmethod.tictail.c...se-2-pre-order
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-15, 10:34 PM  
LaCatrina

Hi yahoo! Like everybody else, I don't know much about DMW 2. Also, I'm not sure if there's someone doing DMW as their toning exclusively or for the most part. Most of the people that are using DMW are adding a full class or halves to other workouts - HDM and non HDM.

I do exactly that - I add DMW to my cardio or my toning. When I'm pressed for time I usually reach for DMW because most of the classes are under 50 min. Some shirts and pants feel loser, and I've received compliments about looking good/fresh/rested/just had a facial, when I just haven't had time for that in a good while So it's been nice.

Have you seen Hamelin's latest cover picture on FB? He has crazy arm definition - my guess it's from these new workouts, as the arm portions are tough (balletic and pretty, but tough as nails)

In terms of equipment, you need something sturdy for support, or even a chair (as he does in some of the classes). Also dumbbells and optional ankle weights - the most I use for these classes is 2-3 pounds for the dumbbells and 1-1.5# for the ankle weights, but in your case it could definitely be different
Old 09-26-15, 06:39 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Hi yahoo! Like everybody else, I don't know much about DMW 2. Also, I'm not sure if there's someone doing DMW as their toning exclusively or for the most part. Most of the people that are using DMW are adding a full class or halves to other workouts - HDM and non HDM.

I do exactly that - I add DMW to my cardio or my toning. When I'm pressed for time I usually reach for DMW because most of the classes are under 50 min. Some shirts and pants feel loser, and I've received compliments about looking good/fresh/rested/just had a facial, when I just haven't had time for that in a good while So it's been nice.

Have you seen Hamelin's latest cover picture on FB? He has crazy arm definition - my guess it's from these new workouts, as the arm portions are tough (balletic and pretty, but tough as nails)

In terms of equipment, you need something sturdy for support, or even a chair (as he does in some of the classes). Also dumbbells and optional ankle weights - the most I use for these classes is 2-3 pounds for the dumbbells and 1-1.5# for the ankle weights, but in your case it could definitely be different
Thanks Rebecca! How should I use the DMW 1? I think I may just get it to try but will probably get DMW 2 also. So I should do a matics AND a DMW every day (or if pressed for time just the DMW)?

Do you have any favorites from DMW 1, especially for all my concerns?
Old 09-26-15, 12:13 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Thanks Rebecca! How should I use the DMW 1? I think I may just get it to try but will probably get DMW 2 also. So I should do a matics AND a DMW every day (or if pressed for time just the DMW)?

Do you have any favorites from DMW 1, especially for all my concerns?
Anytime yahoo! I sometimes use DMW as my toning (the later classes are tougher), or I add half or a full DMW class after my regular toning or cardio (also HDM workouts). Lately I've been able to do two hour workouts because time is allowing for that, but other days I do DMW as a second workout in the afternoon. I guess it all depends on your schedule. The heaviest I can go with DMW is 2 pounds, so it would be easy for me to pack my dumbbells, but if you need anything heavier than 3s then that's another story.

I'm loving DMW I, and I'm getting II as well so I'm excited to see what he comes up for the next course. I'll say I is definitely worth the investment, and II probably as well, but the classes are still inside Hamelin's head, so nobody has seen them yet Maybe you can email Nina to ask if he's planning on using any additional equipment for DMW II and then decide if you get I or take advantage of the presale discount for II
Old 09-26-15, 03:37 PM  
LaCatrina

Yahoo, check your email. My message box is full, as usual
Old 09-27-15, 11:55 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Yahoo, check your email. My message box is full, as usual
Rebecca, I sent you an email.
Old 09-27-15, 12:39 PM  
LaCatrina

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Rebecca, I sent you an email.
Yahoo, I haven't received your email yet
Old 09-28-15, 11:53 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Yahoo, I haven't received your email yet
ok sent it again.
Old 10-02-15, 10:48 AM  
Taiga

Last day of the preorder if anyone is still on the fence. I'm still waffling
Old 10-26-15, 10:46 PM  
yahoo205

I missed the preorder. How does Deep Muscle Work 2 compare to DMW 1 set and the MATICS?

Tags
deep muscle work, dmw, hamelin d'abell, thighmatics