Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-14-15, 04:05 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
So is the Rambert series stretching only - a la classical stretch?
No, there is toning too, deep muscle work. Your form has to be spot on to get the most out of it, though... As I said in another thread, it reminds me very much of ballet barre class that I would do every morning in college. It's designed to lengthen and stretch you, teach you better posture and muscle control, as well as strengthen those basic but hard to find muscles... It's very meditative, slow and controlled.

That's not to say you can't use it as a stretch like Debbie S does. You can... I am just an ex-dancer (from days of yore) and prefer to do this first before my muscles are fatigued so I can give it my all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
The Rambert series is the only work of his that has really caught my interest. I would also like to know more. I tried his free stuff and I liked it well enough but it was all moves I had done/seen in the past. I do like his pace and combinations though. But it's more difficult to find programs that match the Rambert description. I hope people feel excited enough about these to eventually review them in more detail.

I still prefer dvds due to streaming issues and the need to update my home equipment. It will take something interesting to draw me out. That and his stuff is pricey so I want to make sure I will use it. I wish he would sell one sample episode from the series. Or even give a long clip to give us a better idea. I would love to set his work to my own classical music playlist. Like Debbie S., I also had my idea of what CS should have been and I still hope for a series that will fill that spot for me.
His stuff is not streaming. He sends you emails from a private youtube account from where you can download the workout. The quality is such that you can easily burn each one to DVD, if that is your preference.

And they would be absolutely lovely done to your own classical music list!
in paris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 07:59 AM  
sophiesmom

You know that's pretty generous of him to allow Angie to post that material for free and mention the channel.

I tried that short hip/thigh workout yesterday at the suggestion of Suzan66. I really liked the sequencing of the exercises.

I'm definitely getting interested.
sophiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 08:12 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiesmom View Post
You know that's pretty generous of him to allow Angie to post that material for free and mention the channel.

I tried that short hip/thigh workout yesterday at the suggestion of Suzan66. I really liked the sequencing of the exercises.

Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-15, 08:14 AM  
in paris

Quote:

He is very generous!

Just a heads up to anybody who's thinking of ordering... Hamelin is away until then end of the month and office hours will be abbreviated. They're only picking up emails once a day, so not to get worried if you don't get an immediate response.
Old 07-14-15, 08:15 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by in paris View Post

His stuff is not streaming. He sends you emails from a private youtube account from where you can download the workout. The quality is such that you can easily burn each one to DVD, if that is your preference.

And they would be absolutely lovely done to your own classical music list!
Yes ---I did notice that they were downloads and that's why I added that I needed to update my home equipment. I can't stream from the sites that interest me because in my area of the world it would be faster to walk to the studio than wait on the buffering lol. And downloads are not much of an improvement due to a vintage (someone less kind could say archaic) TV, limited space for download, poor sound system etc. I'm super busy/work long hours and I don't normally care about any of that stuff. I figured if I ever bothered to update, I would only be motivated by the right fitness related temptation
Old 07-14-15, 08:27 AM  
in paris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
Yes ---I did notice that they were downloads and that's why I added that I needed to update my home equipment. I can't stream from the sites that interest me because in my area of the world it would be faster to walk to the studio than wait on the buffering lol. And downloads are not much of an improvement due to a vintage (someone less kind could say archaic) TV, limited space for download, poor sound system etc. I'm super busy/work long hours and I don't normally care about any of that stuff. I figured if I ever bothered to update, I would only be motivated by the right fitness related temptation
LOL!

I actually workout from my laptop, tablet, or even phone -- television isn't an option and you can imagine the sound is less than stellar... I make due with what I have.

And I can't say you have to update your equipment for this temptation but, as I stated in another thread (too many!), I personally would have paid double for this... It's full of stretching, toning, and strengthening similar to what I'll do on my own by memory from dance classes past -- but all rolled into a package so I don't forget body parts I'd rather avoid and both sides get worked equally (whereas, on my on, I sometimes get distracted). His sequencing is lovely, too, and far more creative.
Old 07-14-15, 08:31 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Girl View Post
+1
Great post Debbie, thanks for taking the time to share this and your thoughts. I'm new to Hamelin but am looking forward to mixing HDM with TA. I know my best results come when I am consistent and enjoy my workouts (and so far this is the case) so... I'm looking forward to what this will bring. Plan is to mix HDM course 5, TA streaming and HDM Thighmatics 1 and Glutematics
I like this idea! I love TAs streaming but doing 5+days a week is leaving me a bit beat up in the knees.

I think I'll start with the free stuff and see if I like it.
Old 07-14-15, 08:35 AM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
He is very generous!

Just a heads up to anybody who's thinking of ordering... Hamelin is away until then end of the month and office hours will be abbreviated. They're only picking up emails once a day, so not to get worried if you don't get an immediate response.
You know, in the older clips he seems so humorless, but in the group classes he's so animated and dare I say cheeky?
Old 07-14-15, 08:45 AM  
in paris

Quote:
You know, in the older clips he seems so humorless, but in the group classes he's so animated and dare I say cheeky?
Lol, so true! I think the latter is more his character!

But, just a warning, he's back into his somber Hamelin persona for the Rambert series. He's too busy concentrating (as you should be) to crack a smile

ETA: You saw this, didn't you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19uCnr4eUcE
Old 07-14-15, 12:15 PM  
sophiesmom

Quote:
Lol, so true! I think the latter is more his character!

But, just a warning, he's back into his somber Hamelin persona for the Rambert series. He's too busy concentrating (as you should be) to crack a smile

ETA: You saw this, didn't you? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19uCnr4eUcE
Yes I did and it's so cute and freaking enabling! LOL!

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell method, hdm, old thread alert, rambert, swan arms, thighmatics