Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-21, 09:04 PM  
Leonana

Today I did Jessica’s 21 Day Tred and Shred. On the schedule was High Intensity Interval Training, but I decided on something shorter and less intense, and I thought Tred and Shed was a good substitute, since it is cardio and weights. Although, it was a bit harder than I remembered!

I also did quite a bit of cleaning and setting up my new workout room! I put a pic in my VF album. We took the closet doors off, and my tv and weights are in the closet. It’s not much bigger than my bedroom workout space, but the set up is so much more convenient. I had my weights stored under the bed and I love having them out now. I also love the big window that faces the front yard. It lets in a lot of light.

Donna, good job on the strength workout, it sounds like a challenging one.
Old 08-03-21, 12:22 AM  
lizh

Hi everyone,
Sorry I've been MIA. I just re-committed to myself to work out consistently again. I feel SO MUCH better when I do it.

For the last couple of months I've been swimming in the pool and even though I "guess" you could call it exercise, it is mostly just me paddling around and relaxing. I feel like I need to consistently move my body. And use some weights, so here goes!

This a.m. I did a 10 minute yoga routine from YogaWorks. (AM Wake-Up) and during my lunch time I did Jessica Strength Interval Walk.

I'm going to follow (loosely) Jessica's WalkON 6 week rotation. It doesn't seem like it will kill me (let's hope!) There are a few DVDs that I don't own so I'll plug in some Ellen Barrett or Pahla B on those days, or you may find me over on Amazon going on a shopping spree to fill in the missing workouts.

How's everything going with you guys? i read all the old posts, so I think I'm caught up. You are all so encouraging and inspiring to me that you are always so consistent!

more later,
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 08:29 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Jenny Ford - March Across America # 3 - Vermont
Yoga w/ Kassandra 10 Min Morning Yoga w/ Kittens

I'm not terribly sore from JV's workout yesterday - probably b/c I modified and was pretty conservative w/ weights, etc. For me that is good - I don't like to be terribly sore - a little bit of something to let me know I worked is fine, but not much more than that!

Yesterday evening DD and I walked - it was cooler and nice to get out - I ended the day w/ over 10K steps so not bad at all for a work day and one where I did not do cardio!

Sherry - it is so nice to have your own space. A few years back we took our guest room and turned it into a workout room/space. We figured, we didn't have guests often enough to justify saving an entire room for them - our house is not huge - so now when we have guests there is a pull out in the family room.

It is good to see you back, Liz!

wishiwasinhawaii - has your office made any changes as a result of the variants? We are not going in at all right now - you can go in if you want - and wear a mask the whole day - but it is not mandatory. Needless to say - I'm staying home.

Waves, Pam!

Hope everyone has a good day!!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 08:58 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi! Sorry I've been a bit MIA lately. Just been busy with work and other stuff.

I didn't do a workout yesterday because I did yardwork and then I had to run an errand, but it was a rest day on the schedule anyway. The weather was beautiful so I also went out for a walk and a bike ride. Today I did Lower Body Circuit from Lift & Shift. I'm on day 22 of the program and I like it a lot.

Donna, My office hasn't said anything about going back yet. There is supposed to be an announcement in a couple of weeks, so we'll see what happens, but right now, we can go in if we want and don't have to wear a mask at our desks, but we do if we are walking around. That's been the case for the past year and frankly, with the variants, I don't think it's wise, but from what I've heard from people who have been there lately, very few people are going in anyway. It seems very soon states are going to start mandating masks indoors again and I really doubt we'll be going back to the office, so I'm not concerned about it.

Liz, Welcome back! I like Jessica's WalkOn rotation. Actually, I like all of her rotations, lol!

Sherry, It's great you have your own workout space! I will check out the photo.

Waves to Pam!
Old 08-03-21, 09:17 AM  
donnamp

That is good, wishiwasinhawaii - I hope you don't have to go back to the office!

I admit the variants and breakthrough infections do worry me a bit - I guess it is the unknown - like, how sick will you get w/ a breakthrough infection? If it is a cold/flu no biggie but if it is more serious....and what about a variant that evades the vaccines entirely. Yes, I suppose they can develop a new one - but it seemed so horribly difficult to get this vaccine rolled out.

I guess that is the bottom line on all of this - so many unknowns. Also disheartening that we just started to feel a sigh of relief from this only to have things start going in the wrong direction again.

Donna
Old 08-03-21, 10:56 AM  
Leonana

Nothing yet today. I did some yard work early this morning. I did L&S Fine Toning in the evening. I'm really enjoying my workout room!

I was supposed to go Goodwill shopping with my friend, she was driving down to meet me. We were meeting on the east side, so she would have an hour and a half drive. But she got a sinus infection, so had to cancel for today. She also fell down some steps and broke her elbow last week. Poor thing. She and her husband are helping their daughter and sil with their restaurant that they opened a couple of months ago. However, they are working too much, and are too tired. Unfortunately, their daughter and sil can't afford to hire any more help at the moment, but my friends aren't able to work so many hours either. They are in their late 50's and not in the best of health. I guess they will give it another month, then scale back. I feel bad for her, I think her body is trying to heal her elbow, and her immune system is down.

Liz, welcome back! I think swimming is pretty good exercise. Walk On sound like a good choice. I've done the workouts, but never done the rotations. I've done the Walk Strongs though.

wishiwasinhawaii, I couldn't get the photo of my room to load, it was too big. I just now got it loaded. Although, it's a bit blurry because I had to size it down. But hopefully it gives an idea of my little set up. It's not a big area, but I like having everything in one place. DH said he would build me a weight rack, so that would be nice.

Donna, we don't have guests often either. We don't have a family room, but our couches are big and comfortable, and dh and I can sleep on them and give the guests our bedroom. However, it would be nice if they could have their own room and the guest bathroom that's next door. Especially since the guest bathroom is the nicer one, the one recently remodeled. Plus our master bath has the kitty litter in it, lol. Regarding the variants, I follow Justina Ercole on IG, and she mentioned her dh had the Delta Variant. They are both vaccinated. However, he was sick for only a week, and it was more like the flu. It never went into his lungs. Also, she never got the virus. Even though he did get it, I feel like the vaccines are pretty protective, so that was encouraging.

Waves to Pam!
Old 08-03-21, 05:41 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I've taken the last few days off.

Sunday we were in New Hampshire. Long trip in the car.

Monday-Thursday, DH is being interviewed for an upcoming film so Monday he took the crew to Providence locations, Tuesday we had them to the house for his interview and lunch, and then Wednesday/Thursday we'll be in Vermont for more filming locations.

So I haven't gotten a workout in with getting ready for company and making sure possible indoor filming locations were tidy, as well as living spaces. I'm exhausted. ;-)

Hope to get some bedtime yoga in tonight, as I know we'll have another long car ride (caravan) tomorrow and an early start.

Liz, good to see you again!

Donna and Sherry, we're currently sleeping in the guest bedroom because we've been waking up with hip and back pain.

wishiwasinhawaii, waves!

April Focus:
Linda Stejskal Wooldridge (Barlates)
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) April 8th Everyday Yoga Four Week Challenge
Jessica Smith Cardio Walks/Pilates Fusion
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-21, 07:35 PM  
Leonana

Pam, a film, how exciting for your dh. You do sound very busy!

It sounds like it might be your mattress? I think my issue might be my pillow. I just watched this video, and it says sleeping without a pillow is best for your back.

https://youtu.be/3W-N-slSNnk

I think I’m going to switch to a flatter pillow and see how that works. I hope it’s not my mattress!
Old 08-04-21, 09:00 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was missing Pahla - you knew this would happen, right?

So today I did:

Pahla B - August Playlist - Day # 1 - full body w/ weights

I didn't have time for anything else this morning.

What I like about Pahla - her workouts don't make me tired and I find her to be encouraging and pleasant to "be around"!

Yesterday after work DD and I walked our Golden. I end the day w/ over 7K steps, my goal is 7K per day/49K per week. I know some days the 7K won't happen for one reason or another but I figure some days will be over 7K so it doesn't really matter.

Wow - that is exciting Pam - about the film!

Sherry - I have been researching pillows as well - I switched out mine b/c of my neck and shoulder and it is feeling better.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii and Liz!

donna
Old 08-04-21, 09:08 PM  
Leonana

I skipped Lift and Shift for today. I was really tired. So I did WS1 Prehab routine. That hit the spot and felt pretty good, especially for my shoulders.

I’m going to have to go back to no more than two strength workouts per week. I thought taking it slower would work. However, I did two weeks of the full schedule, and I was worn out. And I didn’t do the entire workouts either. I think adding in yard work, house work, and painting my new workout room, was too much for me. I do like L&S, but unfortunately I don’t seem to have the stamina to follow the schedule. Well, maybe if I had a maid or landscape service, lol. On the plus side, I slept really good last night. It does improve my sleep. So, it’s back to two strength workouts per week.

Donna, I’m glad your neck and shoulders are better. I tried a flatter pillow last night, and it really helped, I had no back pain. However, my sinus was bothering me. It’s always something! Regarding lighter workouts, I am thinking of trying a Lively Lady strength workout.

Tags
gum surgery, jessica smith get strong, kanopy