Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-30-21, 01:07 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Paine, Jari is always a good workout! I think I have a Travis practice saved to my YT watch list.

Pat, I know I get persnickety about too many emails at times. I like Qi Gong but have never really felt a magical response to it, which is maybe why I prefer shorter (10-15) practices.

cyana, that is interesting about your local TJs - TJ here actually can't sell wine b/c of a law in NY not allowing wine sales outside of liquor stores (and wineries, which are very big here). That TOPO mat looks interesting; so it helps you stand in different ways during the day?

We wound up cancelling our Sunday MBB class because of weather (it's supposed to rain) combined with low enrollment. We have 10 for tomorrow though, which I'm excited about; it will be my first time teaching MBB in well over a year!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 07:17 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Taught a 30 min Essentrics class on zoom
~20 min gentle health bouncing (2X10 min)
~15 min rowing (3X5 min)
~Body Groove: 20 min - I kept my movements small & this felt good.
~MFML: Love Your Back Gentle Yoga

Pat - I hope you get some R&R this weekend after your rough week. MELT is helpful & it’s gentle unlike Yoga Tune Up. And although I do like YTU, it would be too painful right now. I fell off the Qi Gong challenge, they were 20 min long & the two I did felt too repetitive. I think I’d be better to revisit the 30 Day challenge with the 7 minutes practices.

Cyana - I hope you can find a fix for your hip and your sleep! Do you think hip pain is waking you? I’ve never done well with well sitting for long periods either & this hip thing has made it worse for sure. As well as long walks, especially hilly ones, barre type moves like side leg lifts don’t feel good right now either, sigh. So I’ve sidelined Barre3 for now.

Beth - Have fun at your MBB class! I have not heard of Aimovig, haven’t discussed a preventative medication with my doctor. My migraines tend come in clusters & quite often I have no idea what sets them off. I know fatigue & alcohol can be triggers, but often neither are involved these days when I get one.

Nice workouts Paine!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-21, 07:24 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pam, I found that although alcohol could be a trigger for me, I was getting plenty of migraines when I wasn't drinking at all. I don't know if the drug names are different in Canada, but Aimovig is one of the monthly injectables that came out a few years ago. These are the first generation of preventative migraine medicines developed specifically for migraine, one of the medicines in the CGRP class.

I finally finished the Pilates book! It was very interesting, although I found that the author got a little verbose at the end in his waxing poetic about why Pilates is so addictive. When he said that no one has ever had a bad Pilates session, I had to laugh thinking about some of the VFers who have described Pilates being like "watching paint dry."

I also filmed a new video "NOT Working for the Weekend":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rpO...=1109s&pp=sAQA
This is the first restorative one in awhile.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-31-21, 12:31 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Happy Saturday!

Today is a planned rest day so I could go to 2 markets, do some housework and food prep for the week.

Beth, thanks for your "NOT WORKING FOR THE WEEKEND" yoga practice! I will have to try it.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 07:48 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello everyone!

Today’s offerings:
~20 min gentle health bouncing
~20 min gliding
~MELT: Neck, shoulders, thighs, hips
~Youtube: Not Working for the Weekend Yoga - Thanks Beth, this was very nice & relaxing!

Beth - I’ll have to ask my doc about that migraine med, I think it might not be available up here yet.

Paine - Hope you got everything you needed at your markets. What kind of meal prep did you do?

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-21, 08:12 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Happy Saturday!

Paine, have fun with the new practice if you try it!

Pam, there is also a pill form of the CGRP-type medicine, Ubrelvy here in the US.

I had fun teaching MBB yoga today; first time being back at the brewery in so long! I got to catch up with my one co-worker friend for quite awhile after. I've really been enjoying getting to do more things this summer and just hope we don't have to go backward due to rising covid numbers.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 07-31-21, 08:43 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Pam, I usually cook some type of dried legume in my Instant Pot and after that is done I cook some type of whole grain in my Instant Pot. Today my DH wanted pinto beans and brown Basmati rice so I made that. (Last week we had black beans and oat groats). Then I buy a bunch of fresh veggies for salad since I eat a big salad every day. For the salad I bought romaine, carrots, red & yellow bell peppers, celery, cucumber, broccoli slaw, red cabbage and jicama. I chopped up the red cabbage, I shredded the carrots, washed/trimmed the celery, washed the bell peppers and peeled/sliced the jicama. It makes it so easy to throw a salad together when everything is prepped already! I bought some corn on the cob so I cleaned those. I cut up a big watermelon. Oh, I bought a bunch of button mushrooms, washed them and roasted them whole in the oven (they are so good!). I will make a pot of soup tomorrow but I'm not sure which one yet. I like doing food prep on the weekend so I can just have leftovers during the week.

Beth, I'm so glad you had fun teaching your MBB yoga class today. It's been a long time since you've done that.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-21, 11:15 AM  
JustSandra

Just letting everyone know I set up an August check-in thread!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
twisting