Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-21, 07:36 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on seeing the dentist this morning - regular cleaning then fixing a chip on a tooth that I got about a month ago. Walk for Gus afterwards. It's another hot one out there! We're also getting hit by a lot of smoke from Canada and northern MN fires. I got an email sent off to the school nurse and my student to see what their vaccination status is currently - the paperwork I have is from 2019.

Laura, sounds like you're ready for your trip! I hope your husband travels well also - sounds like he could have a tough time right now. I'm fine with my student socializing with me, but I hope she can be OK at home alone or with me - not inviting friends over physically all the time (go ahead and talk with them online).

Paula, sorry about missing out on the beveled mirror - I've got one installed in both bathrooms and like it. I just put plain mirror on walls - no frames.
Soooooo close to being done!

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 08:38 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning Pahla B Body Shaping Day 17 Moderate Cardio and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Worker came and finished the bathroom - it's DONE! Well except for the defective piece in the showder. The contractor has ordered the replacement and hopefully it will arrive soon. But 99.9 percent is completed. I really like it and I am oh so ready to have the house to ourselves again.

Anita, I'm not disappointed that we didn't get the beveled mirror. The one they installed looks great and frankly I'm too tired of this project to make an issue of it. It's one large mirror that is the length of the vanity. Like yours, it's attached to the wall and no frame. When do you get to meet the student who will live with you? Fingers crossed Laura and her husband had an uneventful flight today.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-21, 10:31 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Greetings from Arcadia, CA! Yesterday went so smoothly. Our plane landed 30 minutes early. We got the rental car and found our hotel. By the time we had unpacked enough to go to bed, it was 2:00 a.m. our time (11:00 here). It was a cool, refreshing 72 last evening. Today got into the upper 80s. It has been beautiful, so far.

Today, we got settled in and did grocery shopping. We will eat meals in the room as well as picking up food from restaurants. We also bought DH a lumbar support pillow/device for the car because that seat was giving him a lot of pain. Tomorrow, we're going for a drive into the San Gabriel Mountains and hopefully find a scenic drive.

DH has done amazingly well. He's in pain, but it has been less than either of us anticipated and he has been more functional. Yay!

Paula - Congrats on the done bathroom! It's too bad about the mirror, and I can understand just letting it go at this point.

Anita - That makes sense with the student. I hope she does well on her own.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-21, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting together online to play Carcassonne, then a nice walk for Gus. Everything looked foggy here all day - it was smoke from fires in Canada and Northern MN . I just feel so bad about all the fires around the globe - we've lost A LOT!

Paula, yay on being done with the bathroom, but hope that last bit gets fixed before you pay them. I like the work that got done on my mirror - they cut holes for my lights within it - no chips! August 17 is her arrival date - no idea what time of the day or night yet. I've no idea how much stuff she brings or if she gets stuff sent to her afterwards - she'd have a year's worth of clothing that I can't imagine carrying in August.

Laura, Yay on getting to CA! You're cooler than we are here in MN! Enjoy your scenic drive!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-22-21, 10:50 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 18 Moderate Weights.

It was a lovely day so we went flying - perfect day for it.

Laura, welcome to California! You're in Arcadia - you are close to El Mone where the cafe is. We haven't been up in those moutains in a long time. One of the nicer drives, if you have a couple hours, is to take the Angeles Crest Highway (Highway 2) into the mountains. This route loops round the backside (north side) of the San Gabriel mountains. If you have more time you can take it all the way to the little mountain town of Wrightwood where there are restaurants and shops. But that would be a good hour or more of windy mountain road. To access highway 2, take the 210 freeway, west to La Canada Flintridge and exit on the Angeles Crest Highway, which exit 20. Turn right onto Angeles Crest and follow it into the mountains.

An alternative, and shorter option, is to go east on the 210 freeway toward Azusa, exit the freeway on highway 39 (exit 40) turn left on Azusa Ave (highway 39) and follow it into the mountains. This is not as scenic.

I haven't heard of any highways being closed for fire danger. Southern California is having a dought and there is always a possibility of road closures due to high fire danger.

Anita, I forgot to ask how the dental appointment went. Was the dentist able to fix your chiped tooth? Sorry about the gloomy day from smoke and ash - been there multiple times and it's never fun.
Old 07-22-21, 11:35 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Like Paula said, it was a beautiful day here. We followed the Angeles Crest Highway, and it was beautiful. We saw some hillsides that looked like they had burned at some point in the past. It was a pretty day for it. On the way home, we stopped in Old Town Pasadena and walked around some. It was pleasant to walk some after that drive.

Tomorrow, we have been invited to the wedding rehearsal to help decorate the church. We'll go if DH feels up to it. He hit a wall today with pain and I'm hoping he sleeps well tonight and feels better tomorrow. He has done more than he should and is paying for it some now. We are also invited to the rehearsal dinner to which we will likely go.

Anita - Yeah, you have more fire smoke and heat than we do here. Doesn't seem fair.

Paula - I got your email and responded. It was a gorgeous day to fly. We turned around before Wrightwood and felt like we had seen plenty at that point. I have seen the signs pointing to the airport multiple times on different roads as we have been driving around the area. You certainly chose a great place for me.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-21, 06:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at the WRC and taking Gus for a walk afterwards - it'll be a hot one in the 90s again today. Frankly, life now reminds me of my days in Champaign-Urbana, IL, where these 90 temps were pretty common in the area. My apartment there didn't have AC, so temps would rise in there - after a week of 90s it would be about 115 in the apartment ! I'd go sleep in my car... I don't miss those days , nor do I want to live in this type of weather...

Paula, Glad you enjoyed your day of flying! Yeah, my dentist fixed my chipped tooth just fine - actually a better match in the tooth color than before! He used to use a cosmetic dental bleach on my teeth and the matching chip was a brighter color than current teeth color without the bleach - my old chip matched the bleached color - now it matched my real teeth . I didn't like the bleaching process as it made my teeth very sensitive.

Laura, enjoy your trip to CA! Sounds like you have a full day planned preparing for the wedding! I hope DH recovers soon.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-23-21, 11:12 AM  
sciencelady

Hey, I worked with opossums this morning at WRC! I think I was as scared of them as they were of me - no issues happened - they were very quiet and I was able to take care of their bedding change and cleanup without any problems. But boy are they poopy and smelly messes! Gus is having fun smelling me and thinking what I did this morning .
Old 07-23-21, 09:07 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 19 Balance/Core and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Did some shopping, went looking for new towels. I went to TJ Maxx, didn't find any towel sets but came home with two new shirts and some socks.

Laura, I haven't been up the Angeles Crest Highway in a long time. I'm sure there's been fire there in the past. It takes a long time for an area to green up again after fire. We're having more fires each year, call it climate change, or bad planning or whatever but our fire season seems to get longer and longer each year. Hope you and your husband were able to enjoy decorating for the wedding and of course the rehersal dinner.

Anita, glad the opossums were good for you today. Got a smile thinking of Gus smelling your clothes and thinking - what the heck has she been messing with! Glad you've got AC sometimes it's a necessity.
Old 07-24-21, 07:11 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus this morning before it gets too hot out there. Otherwise putzing around - might do some yard pickup (I've got some squirrels learning how to make a twig nest that are littering my back yard with project failures). Trip to the compost site afterwards. Otherwise a pretty quiet day.

Paula, I haven't made a TJ Maxx hit in a long time - I don't know if Adelija will need some things like a tea pot. The fire season this year has been terrible globally - that plus the heat waves has been devastating .

Waves to all!

Anita