Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-21, 07:53 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - People Who Mock California Really Want to Be There. 7/18

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 08:03 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today will be all about getting ready for the trip. Stuff will go into the suitcases and I'll do the last load of laundry to facilitate that. This afternoon, I'll go over to Mom and Dad's to hang out.

Paula - DH seems determined to go. Fortunately, I scheduled a direct flight (which is why we're going in and out of LAX - it was the only airport in that area with that option) and, for the first time ever, we're flying first class for the bigger and (hopefully) better seats. If we weren't going for a wedding, we might consider not going, but it's a special reason for going.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-18-21, 08:42 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for getting us started, Laura!

I'll be walking Gus today and putzing around - I've got 30 days before my student gets here!

I'm hoping Laura and Paula get together when you're there in CA!

I'm sorry, Laura, that DH is feeling so badly - I'm hoping he handles plane travel well and enjoys his trip to CA. The student will be living in my basement apartment, but will be coming up for meals and socialization. I bought her a desk down there, but she can come up and work at the dining table also. Gus has been going up and down the basement stairs so that's good! I haven't seen Gus in her bedroom area now though - he used to sleep on that bed many years ago. That apartment is really pretty and comfy since I refinished it a few years ago.

Paula, some of the possums are really shy and pretending not to be there, some are growly and making noises. They poop all over LOTS! and a mess to clean up - poop's in their food, in their cage, on the walls, in their sleeping den, etc. They are limited to being cleaned by rabies vaccinated people even though many claims about possums is that they are rabies resistant, so that limits to about three people in our group of about 7. I'm looking forward to showing the kid around before school starts - we'll definitely hit the state fair and the renaissance fair - most everything else isn't limited to a short time period to go see.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-21, 10:27 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Eliot Yin Yoga Foundations.
Grocery day for us, not much to say about that.

Laura, thanks for getting us started and thanks for the theme. A direct flight should be easier on your DH, though longer without a break. I've only flown First Class a few times. There was a time when my American Airlines points would get me an upgrade, but the program has changed and it's harder to get now. But First Class is really nice - hopefully it will make the experience easier for your DH. Has your DH been to California before? You should have lovely weather for the wedding.

Anita, your visiting student is lucky to have an apartment rather than just a bedroom. I didn't know possums were so dirty. I always thought they were clean animals. But the little snots don't seem to mind living and eating their own poop. Are you wishing you hadn't had a rabies vaccination? Is the Rabies vaccination difficult? Do you have to have multiple shots? Anyway, hope you and Gus had a good day.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-21, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on getting together with some friends to walk Gus. Otherwise planning on getting groceries and playing Spades this evening.

Paula, I think I've flown first class only once when traveling with my company. Frankly would have liked to remain in the regular part of the plane instead of seating with coworkers . The rabies vaccination was given to me as part of vet school - as I was getting it as a preventative instead of response to being bitten, it was simply a shot and a booster a few weeks afterwards. My immunity has remained good for 40 some years now - still need to get the immunity tested every other year while working at the WRC. I've never been bitten requiring a booster. The rabies status is good, but its a pain in the butt to get the titer checked at my personal doctor instead of through work.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-19-21, 08:20 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 15 Push/Strength.
We did some chores around the house and it was a quiet day.

Anita, I'm never anxious to display my level of ignorance - but what is "titer". Glad you never had to take the rabies series of shots. I guess if I'd have thought about it, I would have realized you had to have a rabies vaccination for vet school. Hope Laura is having a good day.
Old 07-20-21, 07:48 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on walking Gus this morning then driving to get my hair cut and might hit a mall on the way home.

Paula, a titer is showing how much of an immune reaction you have after vaccination - they check your blood for antibodies against the disease you've been vaccinated for. I have to get a rabies titer every two years to show I still have immunity. When I was a kid and was bitten by a squirrel, my parents thought I'd need a rabies series (which in the day was a lot of injections and not fun), but luckily the medical staff knew squirrels didn't carry rabies.

Hope Laura is doing OK!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-20-21, 10:39 AM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Laura, I sent you a message with some information for Sunday. Let me know if you got it.
Old 07-20-21, 12:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I dropped out of sight. Yesterday was nuts, and today has been busy completing the packing. Mom and Dad will be here in about an hour to pick us up to take us to the airport and our packing is done. DH is not feeling very good, but he's making it through so far.

Paula - I got your message and replied with my info. I'm looking forward to Sunday.

Anita - That sounds like an ideal set-up for a student. She can have her own space and the option of socializing with you when she wants.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-20-21, 09:10 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this evening was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 16 Recovery Stretch and a neighborhood walk with DH.

Met friends for lunch. While I was gone workers installed the mirror over the vanity. I ordered a beveled mirror but the one they installed isn't beveled. DH was here to meet them and he didn't notice so it's installed now. DH stayed home to meet them so I could go have lunch with my friends. What can I say, it isn't what I ordered but it does look very nice so I'm not going to make them remove it. I did leave a voice mail message for the contractor though. When I got home DH had installed the medicine cabinet and the hand towel bar. The workers were supposed to do that later this week but DH knew I was anxious so he went ahead and did it. So I've moved my stuff back into my bathroom. Still have two more towel bars, toilet paper holder, baseboards,and rehang the door then we're DONE. Hopefully everything will be finished by the end of the week. They started work on May 27th so this is now week 7 and we're ready to be done with this project.

Laura, got your message, see you Sunday.

Anita, hope you and Gus had a good day.