Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-21, 06:43 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

No WRC this morning as I have an appointment with my financial advisor - hope all goes well at the WRC! I'll be walking Gus before my appointment as today will be a rainy day starting shortly after my meeting. Otherwise, hoping to hit the TJ out there. Today looks like it will be a good reading day in the rains.

Laura, on your beef stroganoff, but I consider that more of a winter meal than a summer meal. I need to clean out my freezer also - we've got a clearance food store that's very cheap and I sometimes pick up stuff there that ends up sitting in my freezer - not normal foods I use. I should use them some day. Hope you can make another trip out there and see more blooms! Nothing got figured out with Gus's skipping meals - he's lost about 5 lbs. So far nothing worrisome on his health - I'll run some blood when it's gathered in 6 months.

Paula, soooo close to getting that bathroom done ! Glad the captain held his authority over that couple! My brother and his wife are refusing vaccination - hopefully they get segregated off things like cruise lines!

Waves to all!

Anita

Paula,
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 07:14 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today just sort of melted away. This morning, I cooked some stuff for DH. After lunch, I took DH to his PT appointment. While he was doing that, I went to my chiropractor and put gas in the car. This evening, I cooked some stuff for me.

Anita - Yeah, I normally wouldn't make stroganoff in the middle of a heat wave. But I needed to get rid of that stew meat. We're eating some unusual choices as we empty the freezer. Hopefully, the meeting with your advisor went well.

Paula - Anita's right. It sounds like they are making lots of progress. I don't get people who think they don't have to follow the rules either. That couple deserved being put off the ship. That being said, this is one reason I'm not ready to start cruising anytime soon. I don't want to follow a bunch of new rules.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-21, 08:56 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B's Body Shaping Day 10 and a neighborhood walk with DH.

The painter came today. I was hoping if the painting got done today we could start putting things back in the bathroom tomorrow, but no, the painter said to wait one day - 24 hours, "2 day more better". So we'll wait for it to dry but things are nearing the end - thank god.

I had a six month body scan with the dermatologist today. Of course he found a suspicious spot on the side of my nose that he thought needed a biopsy. So now I have a seeping scab on the side of my nose. Not sure how long before I know whether it's cancer and more needs to be cut away.

Anita, hope you got in a walk with Gus. Frankly I'd be worried about a mid size dog losing 5 pounds - was he overweight? 5 pounds on a pet that weighs 40 -50 pounds is a good amount of weight. I hope all going OK with him but I wouldn't wait to find out what's going on. When my first dog, Tia, got cancer she shed weight quickly and that should have been a signal for us to get her checked out, but we waited. You're a vet so you know more than I do about these things but my alarm bells would be clanging. I am not going to comment on your brother and sister in law refusing vaccination, but I suspect you know how I feel.

Laura, sounds like you had a productive day, even if it "melted away" sometimes the most productive days go by so fast we don't know where they go. Yes, the bathroom is nearing completion, gratefully. The cruise DH and I are taking requires everyone be vaccinated unless they are under the age of 12, so frankly I don't expect much to be different other than we will have to wear a mask in some venues. We are flying to Seatle and we'll have to wear a mask for the entire flight and in the terminal but that's OK with us.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-21, 07:33 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on playing Carcassonne then taking Gus for a walk, maybe with friends. Otherwise more putzing - we got a good rainfall yesterday!

Laura, I should've emptied my freezer of those oddball items first before hitting TJs and filling my freezer again.

Paula, I should visit a dermatologist and have them see my weird little spots and growths - I don't see my regular doctor much and he never seems interested in anything weird I've grown. Hope your nose feels better after surgery soon! Yeah, Gus's down about 10% of his body weight - not being yelled at for being overweight now. He was overweight before. Nothing found by palpation Tuesday. We'll do the bloodwork at his next visit in 6 months.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-15-21, 08:32 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 11 moderate weights and a walk in the Dana Point Marina with DH.

Anita, my skin cancer is from all those years of sun. Sailing is a good way to get to much sun as the reflection off the water makes things even worse. Of course I was young and didn't use enough sunscreen. So now I'm paying the piper. But if you have a history of being in the sun alot you're a candidate for skin cancer now. I'd recommend you visit a dermtologist for a body scan.

I hope Laura is having another productive day.
Old 07-16-21, 06:40 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on working at WRC and taking Gus for a walk afterwards. I got that literature from Greenheart read! Yay!

Paula, I've dealt with bad sunburn times as a teenager on tetracycline for acne and have lots of weird spots on my body. I should probably try to get the body scan done one of these days.

Hope Laura is just busy!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-16-21, 01:42 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Sorry I didn't make it in yesterday. It was a busy day. Today, I have spent almost the entire day on the phone with tech support trying to fix my printer, actually, my connection to my printer that seems to be working just fine, if it would only print the documents I send to it.

Anita - Yeah, that's why we had so much in our freezer. I kept piling on. But it is because they kept running out of certain things and I'd stock up in case of a shortage again.

Paula - I hope the place on your nose is okay.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-16-21, 10:42 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 12 Standing Abs.

We flew to Catalina and took the shuttle down to Avalon. This is what DH wanted to do to celebrate his birthday which is actually tomorrow. We had a lovely day visiting all our favorite places which we hadn't been to since before the lockdown.

Weather was perfect and all in all it was a really nice day, we both had a good time.

I'm tired now, will write more tomorrow, hope you both had a good day.
Old 07-17-21, 07:19 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Nothing officially planned for today other than a walk with Gus. No bats were found at WRC - all released! Instead I learned to do opossums - I'm always nervous around them . One month to go before I get my student from Latvia!

Laura, I hope you get your printer working again.

Paula, Happy B-day to your DH! I'm putting together a list in my head of places to take the student - lots of favorite places to see!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-17-21, 06:16 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I can print! Finally. There were multiple problems piled on top of each other. But it looks like it's fixed.

We have gotten things done today for the trip. We keep trying to do a little at a time. DH is so fragile these days and little things cause him a lot of pain. I'm just hoping the trip goes okay.

Anita - It's going to go fast. Where will the student stay in your house? (Main floor, basement, etc.)

Paula - It sounds like a really nice day. Hopefully, DH continues having a good birthday.

Laura's Workout Mantras: