Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-21, 06:09 AM  
SFR
VF Supporter

I would definitely need a remote for this and I was able to make it work.

I tried using airplay with my iphone but the TV remote didn't smoothly fast forward.

I used my android tablet to cast to my chromecast and that works well.

I wasn't optimistic since my tablet is really old and our wifi isn't great - but the video plays smoothly and looks really good.

The price is less than 2 hours of personal training so the value is there to me.
Old 03-11-21, 09:34 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

Well, I ordered it, lol! I downloaded the purple player app on my iPad and was able to access the workouts that way. I'll have to put the app on my AppleTV in the basement where I work out.

I haven't had time to preview or look through the programs very much but what I have seen, I like!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 11:00 AM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
I suggested merging the two accounts to PP support, and they said yes, we will do that.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I still don't have Lift and Shift on my PP app. I can access the workouts on the Lift and Shift website, and use my tablet or IPhone. But I can't use my Roku if the workout isn't on my PP app.

I'm not sure why it's not working for me. I guess I'm special, lol. Well, at least I can still access the workouts.
It's fixed! They had to reset my password, which I assume meant they worked on my account from their end. I now have Lift and Shift on my PP app. I could access it from the Lift and Shift website with my tablet or laptop, but I needed the program on my PP app in order to use my Roku or download to a device. Plus, I wanted the convenience of all my PP workouts in one spot.
Old 03-11-21, 01:54 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
It's fixed! They had to reset my password, which I assume meant they worked on my account from their end. I now have Lift and Shift on my PP app. I could access it from the Lift and Shift website with my tablet or laptop, but I needed the program on my PP app in order to use my Roku or download to a device. Plus, I wanted the convenience of all my PP workouts in one spot.
Woo hoo!! Nothing like easy access to the things you enjoy!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 02:16 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

I just gave up and bought a Roku. It cost $25 and works perfectly. For me, the convenience was worth it versus the difficulty I was having trying to use my Apple TV (which is usually the easiest thing ever to use).

I’m well into the second week and am really liking the workouts. And gosh, I have DOMS.

At first I wasn’t too excited about the sets that use 20 reps, but I realized that this gives me a lot of room to grow. So I’m going to use the weight I would normally use for 10-12 reps and see if I can get to 20 reps with that weight or maybe even increase my weight after I get to 20 reps during the course of the program.

Plus, since there are a few exercises where I’m not doing the full 20 reps, I get a little breaks, which I need because most of the workouts have a definite cardio effect. :-)
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-21, 04:29 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Woo hoo!! Nothing like easy access to the things you enjoy!
Yes! I was really feeling left out, ha ha!
Old 03-13-21, 07:01 PM  
Floren

So I changed my mind and decided to purchase! I would really prefer DVDs, but the program looks good enough that I want to try it. Plus, I know that I will purchase it eventually anyway because I like Jessica's workouts!

The length of the workouts (1 hour) is a little past my stamina level right now, so I hope to grow into it. I've previewed some of the workouts, and am glad that I got it!
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 07:22 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
So I changed my mind and decided to purchase! I would really prefer DVDs, but the program looks good enough that I want to try it. Plus, I know that I will purchase it eventually anyway because I like Jessica's workouts!

The length of the workouts (1 hour) is a little past my stamina level right now, so I hope to grow into it. I've previewed some of the workouts, and am glad that I got it!
Same lol. I would much MUCH rather have dvds as my internet sucks and streaming can be hit or watching the little circle go round and round.

But they just look so good, I just had to.
Old 03-13-21, 08:00 PM  
Floren

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Same lol. I would much MUCH rather have dvds as my internet sucks and streaming can be hit or watching the little circle go round and round.

But they just look so good, I just had to.
Resistance is futile
Floren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:06 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
Resistance is futile
You are right! After saying I would not purchase this one, I bought it yesterday. I'm blaming it on my tax refund being larger than I expected.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift