Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-11-20, 02:06 PM  
acey

A lot of kindred spirits here!

What is that move where you are prone on your back, then you bend your knees and roll to stand up without using your arms? Amy Bento and Cathe have used it in some ab sections. I hate it!

I dislike tricep dips, but I really dislike the version where you reach one leg and hand up in the air between dips.

And my distaste for renegade rows just grows and grows. I feel like I'm straining my wrists while not being able to have enough weight to really work my back.

I don't mind burpees but Cathe's latest impact hi-lo DVD had SOOOOOOOO many of them that I couldn't finish the 30 minutes.

In general, hate doing any "cardio" move while in a plank position, although mountain climbers are ok in small doses. Not plank jacks or plank lunges

Used to feel guilty about not following instructors faithfully, but hell - as they so often tell you, it's YOUR workout. Do what feels right for you!
Old 11-11-20, 08:35 PM  
nancylou372003

Moves I don't Do

Burpees! Yuck.
Old 11-11-20, 08:45 PM  
Theeearn

I can agree with about 90% of these. I especially hate plyo lunges, tricep dips, triceps push-ups, and side bends. I also really wish everything wasn’t labeled “hiit” these days.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 11:16 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theeearn View Post
I especially hate plyo lunges
SAME. I can do a normal plyo pretty well (I don't love them, though), but for some reason do it in a lunge position, and I just basically fall over or else I barely get any liftoff, so I feel like what is even the point? When those are called for, I either do a normal plyo or a normal lunge.
Old 11-12-20, 12:04 PM  
fanofladyvols

Normally if I widen my stance with the plyo lunge that eliminates the topple effect. Also really pushing off the front and not the back. I still can't do at the speed most seem to do though.

some good pointers off this
https://youtu.be/R-pa3aQLVHA

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 12:30 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I thought of this thread when I was happily clapping along with Christi Taylor the other day! I like to clap and I’m not ashamed to admit it! I did a workout today that made me think of another thing I don’t do. I don’t ‘get funky’ with a move. I would love to be funky but I’m just not and I look like a total idiot when I try.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 03:54 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I did a workout today that made me think of another thing I don’t do. I don’t ‘get funky’ with a move. I would love to be funky but I’m just not and I look like a total idiot when I try.
Any time Jessica Smith tells me to make my walk "spicy" or "fun" at a point in the workout, I just keep on marching or doing normal side steps vs. adding the "spice" in.

Alas, I don't think I have any natural "spice" in my choreo repertoire, nor have I managed to cultivate any over the years. I certainly don't mind her and the crew adding in the "spice," and she even says in one workout that sometimes you don't have to add all the spice to the soup or whatever to make it good. So I'm good with bland I guess. I do do mamba cha-chas and that kind of stuff. But no, my walks are never "spicy".

Also, I'm one who claps silently. Makes me feel weird clapping out loud in my workout space so I just go through the motions.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 05:01 PM  
ellaenchanted

I avoid tricep dips most of the time after watching Bob and Brad (physical therapists with a YT channel) talk about how they aren't the best choice of exercise due to risk of shoulder injury.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-20, 05:25 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
I avoid tricep dips most of the time after watching Bob and Brad (physical therapists with a YT channel) talk about how they aren't the best choice of exercise due to risk of shoulder injury.
Bob and Brad are great!
Old 11-14-20, 05:35 PM  
Betty Boop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittybug View Post
Glad I'm not the only one, Wendug and Cataddict!!!
Add me in, please!

Tags
burpees, clapping