Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-16-19, 04:43 PM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi All-

Best: as usual, Cathe Live. I renew it every year.

Worst: I fear I may not like Cathe’s new step workouts. I pre-ordered, but know I am hopeless with any choreography! We’ll see.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-19, 01:37 PM  
danac99

Best: Leslie Miracle Miles
Cathe LITE

Worst: Yoga Pulse DVDs - picked up a couple of these workouts during Mary's sale. I liked the scenery, but didn't click with the voiceover.
danac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 05:49 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

BEST AeroPilates Reformer and my bird a leakproof water bottle that doesn't sweat

NOT SO GOOD A Treadmill. I should have known, but now I KNOW!!!! total loss, collects dust and clothing

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 12:45 PM  
lavna

Best: Cathe Live downloads! So much to choose from!

No worst as I didn't buy anything else this year!
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 12:50 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
BEST AeroPilates Reformer and my bird a leakproof water bottle that doesn't sweat

NOT SO GOOD A Treadmill. I should have known, but now I KNOW!!!! total loss, collects dust and clothing
Have you tried playing favorite music or using workouts like Virtual Active? My treadmill is also gathering dust! I would rather do dance or kickboxing. They are much more fun to me.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 06:32 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

My couch potato DH wanted a treadmill and I agreed to share my precious workout room with him just to get him to exercise. Deep down I knew he won't use it but I didn't want to discourage him from ANY form of exercise he'd expressed interest in. Of course, he doesn't use it and it just sits there hogging valuable real estate in MY space! I don't like it for the same reasons as Sherry: I prefer dance, kickboxing or any other cardio instead of treadmill. Now I'm stuck and can't get rid of it because any day, maybe even tomorrow - he says - he'll start using it.

So yeah, that was a bad purchase several years ago and still is today.
Old 11-20-19, 07:02 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
My couch potato DH wanted a treadmill and I agreed to share my precious workout room with him just to get him to exercise. Deep down I knew he won't use it but I didn't want to discourage him from ANY form of exercise he'd expressed interest in. Of course, he doesn't use it and it just sits there hogging valuable real estate in MY space! I don't like it for the same reasons as Sherry: I prefer dance, kickboxing or any other cardio instead of treadmill. Now I'm stuck and can't get rid of it because any day, maybe even tomorrow - he says - he'll start using it.

Dana, I never really wanted a treadmill (I was happy with having a recumbent bike) until I was in a car accident in 2008, which messed up my neck and shoulder. For some reason, every type of cardio hurt except for walking on a treadmill. It was in the dead of winter and walking outside was not an option. I knew I would not be able to do kickboxing until I healed, but dance and floor cardio hurt as well. I tried out a treadmill and it did not cause me pain, so I bought one. I used it a lot for a few years, but now it just sits there. Mine also takes up valuable floor cardio space in the spare bedroom where I also have my recumbent bike. If we ever sell our house, I will offer to leave it for the new owners! At least I bought one from Sears that was not expensive. I'd be more upset if I had bought a high end expensive model. It could be worse!

I may give Cardio Coach another try on it. Those were honestly the only workouts that made using the treadmill enjoyable. I've used Virtual Active, but I don't find them as motivating.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 07:57 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post

Trying to get rid of it is just as stressful. I have it on Craigslist. All my yard sale forums and the fb marketplace. And it’s not alone

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-19, 09:49 PM  
Theeearn

Best: tonique royale and Hamptons flow. I have the majority of what Sylwia puts out except the Peru series. The endurance 100/110/120 series and fusion flow series by Linda Woolridge. Not an actual purchase but Heather Robertson’s workouts on YouTube are great.

Worst: TA META. Its not bad I just don’t like hanging out on the floor that long. Basically all barre. I have developed a bad case of sesmoiditis so I can’t do anything without shoes.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-19, 06:56 AM  
pharma_gal

Best: Cathe LITE, XTrain, RWH (these were new to me), 21 day fix and 21 day fix extreme real time (along with the ultimate portion fix), KCM Strong and Lean, Cathe Live downloads (total body).

Meh: Jessica Smith Walk Strong 3 (it’s ok but not as much fun), Linda Barlates (some workouts are good but not able to get into them as much as I like but I keep trying).

Honorable mention: Lauren Gleisberg programs. I bought some last year and this year and did her Lower Body program. Really liked it. Currently doing her Fitmas challenge with Cathe full body sprinkled in to finish the year.

No total duds.
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best of, hits and misses, lee holden favorites, worst of, yoga headstand bench