Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-30-19, 11:08 AM  
kat999

For pure cardio without weights, I still prefer to do intervals outside where I do some miles walking, some jogging, some with a mix or a few minutes of sprinting. I load up my phone with podcasts and go for about 4 miles or so, sometimes less, sometimes more. If the weather doesn't permit, I do the same at home with muted Leslie or Jessica, and when they're on a purely walking section, I boost that to a jog.

My fitness level these days is such that pure cardio does not burn many calories for me, but with my current work life, I'm able to fit in really long workouts most days, so when I do an indoor session, I stick mostly to 4, 5, 6 miles or sometimes Leslie's 10-segment 10-minute walks DVD and do all 10 segments (this take FOREVER, but I do get in so much great podcast or audiobook time, so it flies by).
Old 07-30-19, 11:10 AM  
anjabear

My favorites right now are:

Taebo Amped Full Throttle
Billy's Bootcamp Cardio Inferno
Old 07-30-19, 11:15 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I love cardio and like many workouts but my all time favorites are:

HDM CardioTone G
HDM CardioTone 2
Old 07-30-19, 12:10 PM  
laurajhawk

I do not love cardio. I do enjoy outside walks (and I have dogs, so they're not optional!), and I sometimes enjoy rebounding with my own music and/or a Virtual Active DVD. Lately, I'm liking LIIFT4, where the HIIT cardio is in short segments (mixed with lifting in the 50/50 and Intervals workouts). I'm also liking Gilad's Total Body Sculpt and Total Body Sculpt Plus workouts -- again, these include both weights and cardio, so you don't have to do a lot of cardio at once.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-19, 12:21 PM  
Pam

Current Favorites:

Cathe’s CrossFire
Shaun T’s Insanity
Tom Holland’s Supreme 90–Tabata Inferno and Cardio Challenge

Shaun T’s and Tom’s are favorites because it is easy to do the high impact sections on my rebounder.
Old 07-30-19, 01:58 PM  
Ricka

Currently, Cathe's Tabatacise

In general, I like HiiT the best right now.
Ricka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-19, 03:44 PM  
AnMrsDe

Right now, it's Les Mills On Demand cardio: Body Combat , Body Step , Body Attack , etc. SO. MUCH. FUN. with fantastic music that is synched to the moves. Really enjoying the Body Combat workouts with Dan & Rach, whom are awesome!!! Shout out for Jackie O. in Body Step/Attack, too, though, as she just gets better with age. They also include spinning classes, Sh'Bam (dancier hip/hop moves) and Grit which is hardcore cardio hard on the joints. Hahaha, well, mine anyway. (I've also been enjoying Body Pump classes too but you asked about the cardio). It is $14.99/month and they do have a 10 day free trial....(and have really added quite a lot of content since I did the trial in 2016). My month has been filled with lots of FUN, LOL.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-19, 03:46 PM  
rhbrand

Spinning spinning and spinning

And kickboxing
Old 07-30-19, 04:25 PM  
Donatella
VF Supporter

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for all the responses, you've given me some great ideas of things to try. I love reading about everyone's experiences and what you enjoy doing!
Donatella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-19, 04:44 PM  
aliskina

Original Turbo Jam
Jessica's 21 Day Weight Loss Low Impact HIIT Walk, 5 Day Fat Burn HIIT Walk, @1 Day Weight Loss Cardio Core Walk
aliskina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
favorite cardio, favorite step, steady state cardio