Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-18, 01:22 PM  
momofcha

HDM Melt?

Has anyone here done any of his Melt system? I can't figure out exactly what it's like. Is it like his old stuff? Blitzmatics? Is there any impact?

thanks!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 05:50 PM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Has anyone here done any of his Melt system? I can't figure out exactly what it's like. Is it like his old stuff? Blitzmatics? Is there any impact?

thanks!
IMHO, it’s just high rep HDM toning. With a wee bit of cardio thrown in here and there. Apparently the next round is supposed to have more cardio, but the first round wasn’t unique or different from his regular high rep stuff. I was hoping it was going to be more like blitz, which is lower reps, relatively speaking, but it’s not. There is a little impact, but he offers modifications. It’s mostly just toning. That said, I did sign up for the second round because the workouts are cheap and I’m a hoarder, and I’m always doing some HDM.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 06:48 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
IMHO, it’s just high rep HDM toning. With a wee bit of cardio thrown in here and there. Apparently the next round is supposed to have more cardio, but the first round wasn’t unique or different from his regular high rep stuff. I was hoping it was going to be more like blitz, which is lower reps, relatively speaking, but it’s not. There is a little impact, but he offers modifications. It’s mostly just toning. That said, I did sign up for the second round because the workouts are cheap and I’m a hoarder, and I’m always doing some HDM.
Thank you!

Old 04-13-18, 07:44 PM  
upperwside

I didn't do the workouts as the plan laid out. Same workout 5 days a week for an hour.. plus you were to add on cardio too. No way I have the time nor want to workout two hours a day!! I'm 45.. holy waiting for can injury or cortisol spike!!! I did each workout once.. that was enough. Kinda boring. I also don't love downloads.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-18, 08:49 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by upperwside View Post
I didn't do the workouts as the plan laid out. Same workout 5 days a week for an hour.. plus you were to add on cardio too. No way I have the time nor want to workout two hours a day!! I'm 45.. holy waiting for can injury or cortisol spike!!! I did each workout once.. that was enough. Kinda boring. I also don't love downloads.
Extremely helpful.

Thank you so much

Old 04-14-18, 08:40 AM  
upperwside

I also want to add.. with such light weights and doing the same moves daily.. you are not building muscle.. I was not impressed with the result photos. I do not judge women's bodies.. but I want to build muscle, I did not see any increase in muscle tone in the photos.. and know this type of training does not build muscle (for me). When I do Slim Series .. I get great results.. but I do a workout every other day.. not daily. Debbie uses heavier weights and more cardio effect. I still thin SS is the best series for leaning out and staying cut.. if you do them on non consecutive days. Mix that with old school Tae Bo, and wow!!
Old 04-15-18, 03:39 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Has anyone had good results with only doing the free HDM videos on YouTube and Vimeo? I just started to get on a Hamelin kick and am thinking about doing a periodization plan where I do his workouts for a few weeks, then return to more traditional strength training for a few weeks.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 05:57 AM  
dmlarue1

I did the older workouts (DMW, HDM, cardiotone) an hour a day 6 days a week for 7 months. I looked a little better but I didn’t feel the changes were worth all the effort. I got very burnt out and tired and stopped exercising and lost my results quickly. On the Facebook group most people were exercising 2-3 Hours a day which I just can’t do. I have been doing other workouts and saw the email about melt...honestly the women look super skinny...it’s not a look I am seeking. I also feel like it started leading me down a bad road with the exercise compulsion and the body image that was being portrayed as ideal.
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-18, 07:57 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmlarue1 View Post
I did the older workouts (DMW, HDM, cardiotone) an hour a day 6 days a week for 7 months. I looked a little better but I didn’t feel the changes were worth all the effort. I got very burnt out and tired and stopped exercising and lost my results quickly. On the Facebook group most people were exercising 2-3 Hours a day which I just can’t do. I have been doing other workouts and saw the email about melt...honestly the women look super skinny...it’s not a look I am seeking. I also feel like it started leading me down a bad road with the exercise compulsion and the body image that was being portrayed as ideal.
I am also surprised anyone can/want to workout that many hours a day. Not good for the body. The women in the HDM group were all working out A LOT daily. I felt the same when I was doing TA in NYC, I have a strong and shapely bum, it started to get flat!! All that over training just eats away muscle (I did lose my baby weight, but muscle too). I do not want to be skinny, I want to be fit and strong. This type of training does not do that for me. If I were 25 maybe, but not at 45 when I am fighting nature to put muscle on! I am really loving Sydney Cummings (free workouts on YouTube).. she is fit, not skinny and her workouts work the whole body and are gentle.
Old 04-16-18, 09:07 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Right now I am mostly using the HDM toning-focused workouts without adding on cardio (I add on yoga or other stretching. I usually exercise 75-90 minutes/day, so doing Hamelin's 1-hour toning routines works for me.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm