Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-09-14, 06:15 PM  
SandiSue

I put a bar of Ivory soap under my bottom sheet and I haven't had any trouble since. Sounds crazy but it worked for me.
SandiSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-14, 08:56 PM  
JENILU

My fiancee and i both have had these problems over the years. Mine was apparently mineral related, because taking Potassium, Magnesium and Vit. E at night (must drink a decent sized glasss of water to absorb well) completely takes care of mine. If I am near PMS time, it gets a little worse and I do have to do a short twisty yoga before bed.
With my fiancee, he was tested, and his was sleep APNEA. He does wear a machine at night now and it helps him considerably.
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 07:10 AM  
windyh
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandiSue View Post
I put a bar of Ivory soap under my bottom sheet and I haven't had any trouble since. Sounds crazy but it worked for me.
You sleep on the soap? Isn't it lumpy? DH has restless legs but I don't know what he would say if I put soap in the bed.
windyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 07:35 AM  
Zenara25

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
You sleep on the soap? Isn't it lumpy? DH has restless legs but I don't know what he would say if I put soap in the bed.
I think I've heard that you place it near the foot of the bed (under the bottom sheet). So maybe he wouldn't even notice?
Zenara25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 08:41 AM  
SandiSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by windyh View Post
Yes, you put it under the bottom sheet by your feet, you don't actually sleep with your legs on it, I don't really notice it. Give it a try and see what happens.
SandiSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-14, 10:08 AM  
patriots

Powdered Magnesium in warm water at bedtime. There is a cheaper but quality brand from Vitacost. Works for me!
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
potassium, restless leg syndrome