Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-08-22, 07:58 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I worked Sunday evening (I participated in a faculty panel on campus) and then had a long work call, so I didn't get in a workout though I did make it to over 7,500 steps for the day, so it would have only taken a 30 min workout.

Yesterday I made it to over 7,500 steps by the time I got home, so I did manage to get up after a late dinner and do CH Elite Rope & Ride. Made it to over 10,000 step for the day.

I've thought about it and I think I'm going to start a mostly weights program (I'm thinking either Chalene Extreme or something on Beachbody on Demand) soon. I've been weighing my options (no pun intended ). I thought about doing a Firm Express rotation for a month, just to get myself going again with shorter workouts, but I haven't done weights in so long and I'm feeling a bit flabby, so maybe jumping in with weights is the way to go. Still figuring it out. I have a big report due for work (that I've been working on for a while) that I think I can finish and get turned in today, so that's going to open up some space to think about and do other things.

SB - I'm glad that you've been able to enjoy your outdoor walks again, especially with the nicer weather. We've been in the upper 60s and 70s, but we're supposed to get a few chilly days over the next few days (with highs in the low 60s and 50s). You're so right about it being hard to pick the exercise habit back up. And thanks for your kind words.

Nora - Good to hear from you and great job with your workouts! Cool that you're going to end up finishing the P90X halfsies rotation. A vacay sounds nice! Our spring break is the first week of April, and can't come soon enough!!

Waves to Penguin.
Old 03-08-22, 08:49 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

42 minute outdoor walk

I may not walk today. It's so windy outside and my back is speaking up a little so it may be a rest day. Also feeling a little under the weather. I was listening to the howling wind all night which isn't helping my energy levels either.

NORA, great job on nearly completing P90X halfsies. Enjoy that vacay too!

CAMBET, good job hitting those step totals with your schedule. Yes I want to get back to more consistency with weight work too. Something short and sweet like MR maybe.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-22, 07:11 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did CH Elite: Wild Horse throughout the day and ended up with over 8,500 steps for the day. I had planned to do something short to make it to over 10,000 steps before midnight but I fell asleep shortly after dinner.

SB - Glad you were able to enjoy a nice outdoor walk. Sounds like with your back, not sleeping well, and not feeling well, taking a rest day was definitely in order! I'm thinking that I would like to do something with heavy weights and was hoping to start immediately, but with work being as insane as it is right now (I could tell stories ), getting started is definitely going to have to wait until the weekend.

Waves to All!
Old 03-14-22, 09:35 AM  
cambet

Hi, Ladies,

Just popping in to say hello. I've done some Country Heat: Wild Goose Chase, Rope & Ride, and Wild Horse here and there.

I hope that everyone is doing well.
Old 03-14-22, 09:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

YT - Palha B's Slimming Strength

This was her March strength workout I believe and a good one. It did flare my sciatica though. It's actually been flared all week after walking 2 days in a row earlier in the week *sigh* I think I need to do more stretching especially after walking or working out.

CAMBET, I hope you managed to get through your crazy week in one piece.
Hang on a little bit longer til spring break!! ETA -- We were posting at the same time! Good to see you! Good job with Country Heat.

Have a good one!!
Old 03-16-22, 10:00 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morninng!!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

I couldn't resist getting outside and enjoying the spring like weather. I'm hoping for another walk today while the weather is so mild.

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-17-22, 10:17 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

44 minute outdoor walk
7 minute Essentrics standing stretch

The walk and stretch were both lovely even though the stretch was more targeted for upper back rather than lower back.
The walking 2 days in a row did seem to exacerbate the sciatica pain unfortunately. *sigh*

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-20-22, 10:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday:

40 minute outdoor walk

I'm enjoying our nice spring weather this week while it lasts. LOL

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 03-21-22, 12:19 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

I haven't been working out (except for segments of Country Heat here and there), and to make it worse, I've been stress-eating, so I've gained a few pounds. The last two weeks at work have been incredibly stressful. My co-worker who is crazy (I think I've mentioned her before), has been at it again making unfounded accusations that I've been having to deal with and try to stay ahead of, so that has, unfortunately, been causing stress and creating extra work. I haven't been able to get into a routine, or prioritize working out. It's been very frustrating. Spring Break is in two weeks, and I'm just counting down the time!

Also, I've been thinking about getting a treadmill or spin bike to jumpstart my cardio, with the thought that if I have new equipment in the house, I won't have an excuse to not work out. I've just started trying to figure out what would make sense. I don't want to spring for a Peloton, but I'm thinking maybe a Stryde Bike or a IC4 Schwinn, that I could pair with the Peloton app or maybe a treadmill, and though I haven't decided which one, I'm thinking something small and maybe even portable, so I could easily move it around the house. I'm so temped to just pull the trigger and get something, but I don't want to regret it, so I need to do more research. I might go to Play-It-Again Sports soon to see what they have.

SB - Thanks for keeping us going. You've been doing a great job getting in your outdoor walks. The milder weather has been quite nice. I had planned to do yard work today, but didn't. I need to get out there soon since there's a lot of overgrowth (I need to cut back the hydrangeas and weeds). Hopefully you can pace yourself and not cause too much irritation to you sciatica/back. I know it has been very frustrating to deal with. I'm hoping that the milder spring weather sticks around (today is the first day of spring, after all! ), and hopefully you'll be able to keep up your walks without overdoing it. Funny that we posted at the exact same time the other day.

Waves to Penguin and Nora!
Old 03-22-22, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

33 minute outdoor walk

Hoping for another walk today.

CAMBET, I'm counting down to spring break with you! That's a tough stretch you're going through. I was toying with getting a stationary bike this winter but I've had a couple in the past and they eventually became clothes racks. Treadmill too.
But that's me. If you think you'll use it they are great things to have. This sciatica has definitely been a frustrating journey.
The nice weather is motivating for me though at least. I called a couple of realtors to look at the house and see what they think I can get. Being a homeowner on my own is just too much work for me at this stage of my life.

Waves to all. Have a wonderful day!