Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-24-22, 08:58 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

48 minute outdoor walk

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-22, 08:28 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Well, my semester if finally over! This past weekend was Graduation. Then final grades were due on Monday. I finished at 4:00 am on Tuesday morning (as long as we get them in by 7:30 am on Tuesday, it's OK). It was a very stressful last few days. I took yesterday off from life and got some rest. I still have work to do and emails to catch up on, so I'll get back to it today.

Sunday I took a 38 min walk (1.91 miles) with 2 of the Italy crew. With all of the graduation activities that day and the walk I made it to over 18,000 steps for the day. With all of the activities on Saturday (I'm a college marshal, so I help to carry out these events with involves a lot of walking), I made it to over 12,000 steps for the day. Monday was intense and I spent the entire day in Zoom meetings and grading. I stress-ate all day and there was no time for a workout. I'm looking forward to reversing that, to getting back to eating healthily and getting in my workouts. I'm still deciding if I'm going to stick with Body Revolution or maybe do something else, since I'll have more time to workout.

SB - Thanks for keeping us going and good job getting in your walks and other exercises! I'm thinking that I might want to focus on more weight work, since I'll probably naturally get in cardio since I enjoy it and I have the bike and Country Heat to keep me moving. Now that the semester is over I'm thinking about the possibilities of what I might like to do!

Waves to Nora!
Old 05-25-22, 09:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

29 minute outdoor walk
push-ups/planks

I wasn't feeling the walk, gray and damp outside, so I went home planning to do Pahla B's new weight workout. Well after fiddling around for a bit I realized the internet was down for some reason and I just lost my motivation after that. It did come back on shortly thereafter but I was on to something else at that point. I hope to maybe get to the Pahla workout today.

CAMBET, woohoo on the semester being over and graduation and grading DONE!
Great step counts too! I've been definitely wanting to focus on weight work for awhile now, and I like it better than cardio too, so hopefully I get it together soon. Have you been interested in Jessica's new workout bundle? I've been reading amazon is having some troubles keeping it in stock . I was thinking maybe of just getting the weight workouts anyway since I don't do stretching dvds (I should I know!)and I don't do walking dvds (I prefer outdoor walking). These may be something you're interested in, though I don't mean to enable you if you're not interested in new purchases

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-26-22, 07:37 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did some of CH: Wild Goose Chase, all of CH Elite: Wild Horse, Jessica's 10-Min Dance Walk, and then I free-style danced for about 10 more minutes. Made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

SB- Great job with your walk/push-ups, & planks. OMG , how did I not know that Jessica had put out new workouts until you mentioned it??? I guess for the last while I've been mostly logging in to VF to post in our check-in, so I haven't kept up with GD.

I was so excited to watch the clips of the new Jessica workouts on Amazon, and also excited that she released them as DVDs (as well as digitally). With that said, I might get the cardio workout and maybe the stretching one (I need to read some of the GD reviews; there are a couple of threads about the new JS bundle that I need to catch up on), but I'm not really a fan of Jessica's weight work. It always seems like she's either trying to be super creative in ways that are not effective or that feel like it's not enough for me, or I just find her weight work kind of boring. I always feel like I can get a more effective weight workout with someone else (KCM, Cathe, etc.), so she's not a weight workout go-to person for me. I'm still reading reviews of different programs and trying to decide what I'm going to do next. I like Body Revolution, but I feel like since I think I can do more (since I'll have more time), I probably should and try to maximize the possibility of getting good results.
Old 05-26-22, 09:37 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

good morning!

Yesterday:

Pahla B's Tone Up & Lose Weight
36 minute outdoor walk

I liked Pahla's new weight workout.
It was compound moves with a slower pace and no repeats.

CAMBET, nice getting over 10K steps.
I agree Jessica's weight work isn't my favorite but I thought something different might spark my motivation. One is a circuit type workout and I like that for extra fat burning sometimes. I'm interested in seeing what you decide to do now that you have more time to workout

Have a wonderful day!
Old 05-27-22, 08:46 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday I did CH Elite: Rope & Ride and added on JS's 10 Min Dance Walk. Made it to over 10,100 steps for the day.

SB - Good job with the outdoor walk and Pahla B's workout! I'm curious about Pahla's workout, so I'll have to check it out. She's a talker (like Leslie ), so I haven't tended to drift to her workouts. She's also probably a bit more gentle than what I'm looking for right now. If I recall correctly, she does give good form pointers, though. I'm leaning towards a strength program (I want to feel strong and see some definition in my muscles! ), so right now I'm considering something with heavier lifting, like Chalean Extreme or a rotation with KCM's Muscle Up workout or maybe a Beachbody Program (like Body Beast or Hammer and Chisel). I'd like something that's around 45 mins long and that I feel like I can really make some progress with. I'm currently still on the fence, but I'd like to start on next week.
Old 05-28-22, 10:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Hoping for a walk or some exercise today.
I missed a couple of days.

CAMBET, nice job getting your steps in. Pahla is definitely a talker and she's definitely on the moderate side but I find her enjoyable for all that. She is probably too gentle for what you're looking for right now. I don't go over 7 or 8 lbs with her workouts because of the compound moves and heavy shoulder work. Those instructors you're looking at look really good for your goals. Looking forward to your plans.

I have no big plans this weekend. DS is on a bachelor party weekend so his gf invited me and DD out to lunch tomorrow. And I may go to my niece's bbq on Monday. She didn't invite me but when my sister heard I was alone Monday my sister invited me. LOL. (DD has plans too on Monday with friends). I really don't mind being alone but it will be nice to visit. My niece had no problem with it and I'm not offended, so I'll most likely go.

Have a wonderful weekend!!
Old 05-29-22, 09:26 AM  
cambet

Hi Ladies,

Friday I took a 51 min walk (2.36 mile) walk with one of the Italy crew (the one with the slow dog, but she did not bring him, which I was secretly glad about ). I also did CH: Bring the Heat and made it to over 11,800 steps for the day.

Yesterday I did CH Elite: Rope & Ride and and JS's 10 min Dance Walk to make it to over 10,800 steps for the day.

SB - I'm sure you'll get back on track since you enjoy your outdoor walks so much. I still need to check out that Pahla B workout.

I think that I've decided to do Chalean Extreme. As of early yesterday I was on the fence between CE and Hammer and Chisel, and I had actually decided to go with H&C. Then I realized that I would need a weight bench and the door attachment to use with B-lines (which I have) for upper back work but I thought, ok, no problem, I'll get those. But then I actually previewed the first 3 workouts of the rotation and, well, the first two aren't heavy weights, they are balance (which had some moves that would be tricky for the knees that I would have to modify) and plyo, which I was a bit disappointed with, but what really got me was that I realized that Sagi (who leads the Hammer workouts) would probably drive me crazy. His pattern is to do 2 or 3 reps to start you off then he walks about awkwardly saying ridiculous things and IMHO picking at/bothering the background exercisers. I'd probably want to mute him, but then I'd miss his form pointers. I've read a ton of threads about M&C (which I actually really enjoyed, revisiting old posts and former posters, many of whom are not around anymore) and lots of VFers really like the set and like Sagi. Maybe he's an acquired taste. Since I don't want any factors that might make me not press play (like an annoying instructor ), I think that I'm going to start off with Chalene. I started CE years ago but never got very far with it. Lots of VFers have a lot of good things to say about it too. Plus, it is 5 days a week and a bit shorter each day than M&C which is 6 days a week. So, right now, starting tomorrow with CE is the plan.

Well, SB, I also don't really have any big plans for this weekend. I decided not to travel to Atlanta to visit my family because I am exhausted and I need some downtime. Also, I need to get my oil changed (the change oil light is on in my car) and didn't get to take care of that before the weekend, so I really couldn't/shouldn't get on the road. It's nice that your DS's gf invited you and your DD for lunch and also good that your sister invited you to your niece's for a bbq on Monday. It'll be nice to be social. Most of my friends who I hang out with regularly are out of town for the weekend, so I'll probably spend it solo. Which I'm ok with. I feel like work has consumed so much of my time lately that I'm glad to have a little time to myself to figure out what to do next.
Old 05-29-22, 09:43 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!!

Yesterday was 60 kettlebell swings, some push-ups and planks. I do plan to get out there today for a walk.

CAMBET, yes an annoying instructor can definitely derail your rotation plans.
I've never done a workout with Sagi though I do think I have H&C around here somewhere. I started CE many, many years ago but I didn't have heavy enough weights to make it work for me. I did like the concept of it though. Good luck.

I think some downtime on your own sounds great for this weekend. You sure do deserve and need it!!

Have a great day!!
Old 05-30-22, 08:43 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

Yesterday I did 3 15-min Jessica walks from her 5 Mix & Match Miles. I did the Pumped Up Pace, Jog & Jive, and Energy Boost miles. It had been while since I did that DVD, and I enjoyed it to get some movement in early in the day. I also did CH: Country Swing throughout the day to make my hourly step goal. I made it to over 10,800 steps for the day.

I'm planning to start Chalean Extreme today.

SB - Great job with your KB swings, push-ups, and planks. I hope you were able to get in a walk. Back when I first bought CE years ago I also bought the SelectTech adjustable weights. Sadly, I didn't get very far with the program, so they haven't gotten a whole lot of use over the years. But, I'm glad to have them now and we'll see how far I get.

I think that the downtime will be good (I rested a lot yesterday, which felt great!); thanks for your positivity and I hope that you have a great day!