Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-26-22, 08:33 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Popping in to say hello, I’m still here!

I’ve been doing my usual….teaching & doing Essentrics, lots of stretching & yin yoga, my prescribed strength circuits. I bought Jessica’s new set and am enjoying what I’ve done so far and incorporating her strength workouts into my rotation.

I hope everyone is happy & well!
Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 26
~ Gardening
~ My own PT/stretch routine
~ 5,312 steps

It was glorious yesterday so I packed as much gardening in as my joints would allow. For the first time in my gardening career I tried dividing some perennials and planting a cutting. With the price of gas and groceries, I told myself "it's time - you can do this instead of buying new plants." Yes - that sounds lame. Will I have success is another story.

Hi Pam, nice to see you pop in! LOL about the most annoying music.

Donna, good luck with your Pahla B test. Hopefully you can enjoy her workouts again. Great news about your bathroom!

Diane, sounds like the spin bike is a great investment for you.

Summer Breeze, good to hear you enjoyed that workout.

Make it a great day ladies!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 08:53 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was very tempted to do another Pahla B workout this morning, but I talked myself out of it. I am finally relatively pain free and I really don't want to trigger anything. I do think I may be able to do her weight workouts - I think it is her cardio workouts that do me in and I'm not sure why - there are some of the same moves in other workouts I do - so I am not sure what it is exactly about her combos that irritate my body so much. But, I do think her weights only workouts can work for me....so small doses.

Anyway, today I did:

Lively Ladies - Boost Metabolism w/ Body Weight Exercises (from 5/23/22). Lively Ladies is my other "comfort food" workout style. It is not all that different from Pahla but it doesn't bother my back or hip. Very odd! Maybe it is the pacing or the sequencing? Oh well....

Yoga w/ Kassandra - Root Chakra Yoga from 5/23

I pre-ordered Kassandra's book when I ordered Jessica's set.

Not much else going on - I am looking forward to the long weekend and I'm going to try my best NOT to work this weekend.

Hope everyone has a nice Friday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 04:04 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone!

Got in a quick morning workout and then we headed to the Berkshires. First stop was Pixie Boulangerie in Great Barrington – an amazing and authentic Swiss/French bakery. Their breads are to die for and we splurged today and bought a dozen Matcha Amaretti cookies as well as a Blueberry Galette. Unbelievable! I spoke with the owner and she was taken aback that we travel so far for her bakery. I told her there’s absolutely nothing in the Saratoga region like her offerings and well worth the trip. I told my husband it’s worth moving to the Berkshires just to be closer to her bakery!

Today’s Workout:
Mossa Blast #3 – quick step workout
Body Electric Inner and Outer Thighs
Quick Stretch
Afternoon: Cher Fitness Ab workout – an oldie but goodie!
Mady Morrison’s Full Daily Stretch

Donna: I know you’ve enjoyed Pahla’s workouts so I hope you remain pain free!

Hi Pam! Glad you’re still here with us. I’m waiting on hearing more on Jessica’s new set before I take the plunge.

Pat: Yes, the bike was a good purchase because right about the time of the pandemic hitting, I discovered that I loved biking. Spinning and outdoor biking are different but it keeps those muscles ready to go once the nice weather begins!

Donna: RESIST the temptation to work this weekend!

Waves to Summer Breeze! Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend! And that includes relaxing!

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-22, 01:10 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Hi everyone! Another low energy day, but I managed:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 27
~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D5
~ Kassandra's new root chakra morning practice
~ 4,406 steps

I've got to make it a point to get some strength training this week. It's unusual for me to go so long without touching a weight.

Sorry to be short - have a great day everyone!
Old 05-28-22, 06:30 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

I hope all are enjoying the long holiday weekend. We are loving this beautiful weather, which we know won’t last.

Today’s Workouts:
  • Treadlift Rotation - Incline Run - 2 miles
  • 14 day ab challenge - 35 sec plant, 25 v-ups, 30 sit ups (I do lower ab-focused workouts in place of regular sit ups)
  • Lesley yoga for sciatica
  • Bike: 11.30 miles in park
  • Evening walk – 1 ¼ miles – gorgeous, breezy evening!

Pat: I love doing weights, far more than cardio. Strength training is so important as we age (I know you know that). It's hard to fit it in with work and just life in general!

Wishing everyone a safe and happy weekend! See you all tomorrow!

Diane
Old 05-29-22, 09:55 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Just some kettlebell swings, push ups and plank yesterday. We had intermittent downpours throughout the day. I am hoping to get out there for a walk soon.

DIANE, you're doing some good workouts.
Oh the bakery sounds downright dangerous! Yummy! I'm going out to lunch today with DS' gf since he's away on a bachelor party excursion. My niece is having a bbq tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'll be going but relaxing at home is always fun for me too!

PAT, nice workouts. I'm sure you have some gardening to do this weekend. And don't forget to enjoy some downtime too

DONNA, yay on the bathroom being done!
Enjoy it. I only do Pahla's weight workouts and not very often so you should be fine.
Boy isn't that the truth that the stuff we don't see coming that gets us!!

Hi PAM!!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-22, 11:52 AM  
amoodygirl

Hi there!

We headed out by 8 am for our bike ride and it was torturous. This park is super hilly and I just didn't have it today.

Todays workouts:
  • Bike ride - 9.11 hilly miles at Saratoga Historical Park, the scene of the Battle of Saratoga in the American Revolutionary War. I ran out of gas on the last hills and had to walk my bike. I wasn’t sure what was up but then realized yesterday I ran and then biked. I think next time I do this ride, I will do it the day after a full rest day. I was mad at myself for “wimping” out, which is so ridiculous!
  • Pushups
  • 14 day ab challenge - plank, v-ups and lower abs work
  • Bad Yogi 10 minute morning stretch.

Summer Breeze: Thanks – I really try to mix it up, mostly because I get bored easily but I want to keep challenging myself when my body feels good. Wow, you had downpours yesterday – we were supposed to but they never materialized. Pixie Boulangerie is definitely dangerous! I figure it this way – if I’m going to treat myself, it might as well be something really yummy and special. This bakery is absolutely amazing. I enjoy being at home as well. Maybe today we’ll watch the new Ricky Gervais comedy special on Netflix, "Supernature". He curses a lot (he is a Brit!) but I just adore him. He’s an animal advocate and despite the reviews saying he was bashing the LGBTQ population, he was a force in pushing for protections and rights for the LGBTQ community in the UK. His other two shows, “Derek” and “After Life” are always mixed with messages of kindness and compassion. I told my husband I would marry him and not because he’s rich!

Pat: Hope you got some gardening done. I so wish I enjoyed it but I guess you can’t enjoy everything!

Waves to Pam and Donna! I’m taking it easy the rest of the day! Enjoy everyone!

Diane
Old 05-30-22, 07:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning all. Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 29
~ Jessica Valant Back Pain Relief Exercises
~ Heavy gardening
~ 5,613 steps

It was a perfect day for outdoor activities. I got all my plants in and began mulching. I'll likely put a few more annual flowers and herbs in pots which are much less labor intensive and can be moved to fill in blank spots. But my back and hands are TOAST.

My plan is to take a cue from Donna and get some home back therapy in by regularly using Jessica V's large offerings of short, gentle back care routines.

Diane - your blueberry galette literally made my salivary glands start pumping. And such perfect weather for your walks.

Summer Breeze, nice job with your swings and planks - great core work. Enjoy your walks while we still can!

Good morning to Pam!

Make it a great day ladies!
Old 05-30-22, 08:28 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I was a bit MIA this weekend, weather was perfect and I had a nice balance of relaxing and getting things done.

On Saturday i did a short Pahla B Strength workout and a Classical Stretch episode.

On Sunday, I did a Lively Ladies workout and a Pahla B recovery day workout.

I think I can bring Pahla back into the mix if I do her weights only routines (no cardio), her active recovery day workouts and her core workouts.

Today I started Jessica's new program - I figured I'd get it in between bathroom renovations.

Today's workout was Total Body 48 from her Total Body Strength Training DVD.
My notes:

- I love the scenery/setting!
- The music was a little quiet, but that is not a bad thing - it helped to hear her cues and be more focused on her form pointers. What i heard, I liked though. I also do tend to turn my volume down when I workout anyway...so that may also have been a factor in the sound
- This is different, to me, from what she has done in the past w/ strength workouts. I felt this was much slower paced - which is not a bad thing at all. For me, many of her other strength workouts move too quickly and can result in injury in attempting to keep up. I have learned over time to just slow everything down to my pace anyway...but it was nice to see her move more slowly and carefully.
- There was adequate time to change weights if you needed to - another benefit to moving slowly.
- Good mix of exercises - options for using different piece of equipment, step, chair, etc.
- The time did fly by for a 48 min workout - so for someone like me, who does not love strength workouts - this was a good thing.
- I went light - I could go up for some exercises in the future.
- She did a number of exercises in a forward leaning posture - but you could definitely stand more upright if that works best for you.

Overall - so far so good! it was low dread and I would do it again.

Hope everyone has a nice day - I have some more home projects to do today and tidying up before the week starts tomorrow.

Take care!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga