Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-22, 08:36 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! Not much to brag about. I came home overwhelmed with fatigue and my rest on the couch turned into a marathon nap and thankfully a full night's sleep. I did day 25 of the qigong challenge in the a.m. and managed 3,000 steps for the day.

Pam - I know exactly the pain you're describing with walking downstairs (1980s step class injury). Voltaren gel might help you get through it. Maybe arnica? I know you prefer the all-natural route.

Cyana - ha ha, love your cat taking advantage of his flea treatments. I just peeked at the nest - those little trembling heads popping up is the cutest!

Carolyn, that Sarah Beth practice sounds nice for after gardening. I bookmarked it, thank you.

Paine, raccoons can be very destructive. The one that was trapped in my car tore through the trunk into the interior, and you should have seen what he did to the garage when the car was parked in it.

Waves everyone! I have the day off for a tribal holiday and need to get out in that garden.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 10:42 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari Slim & Lean (Upper Body selections=25 minutes)

Cyana, I also saw the chicks at the West River nest and both mom and dad were there. I marvel at this thinking: how do the birds know what to do? Especially the dad--how does he know those eggs are his babies and that he is to help out? Birds are one of the very few animal species where the father's help take care of babies.
It doesn't make sense that raccoons would go in your roof when you don't have food there to attract them.

Pat and Cyana, I had no idea that raccoons were so destructive to cars and houses!

I'm thinking about Margot and hope she is OK.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 08:05 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Hello mat mavens!

Todays activities:
~My friend’s Essentrics class
~Jessica’s 360 Abs - I’ve always enjoyed this one but I’m careful to keep the weight close to my body as twisty moves can irritate my SI.
~Long therapeutic session….acupressure, MELTing, hip/leg stretches, finished with a chest opener on the soft half roller.

My knee is better but still a little unhappy. I think Jessica’s lower body Split Session will wait until next week.

Margot - I hope your eye is okay!

Pat - Sounds like your body really needed a rest day! I have some voltaren gel somewhere, must go look for it. I must look at the nests again tomorrow!

Carolyn - Wow those are high temps for May!

Cyana - I’m chuckling at your feline spa treatments!

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 08:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hi all! It's been a busy last week of work with the interview process, but tomorrow is my last day!

Today I did Bellyfit Elements for the first in 2022 at least (Fire).

For you Cubii fans out there, I had suggested it to my mom, who is currently doing PT for her back. The response from her PT was that it's "better than nothing." She is going to try to get back into Leslie Sansone instead.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 08:09 AM  
cyana

Happy Friday!

I'm in the full-on mourning phase now, since I'll have to go back to work on Tuesday. I was texting with a former co-worker earlier this week - he retired the end of last year and his spouse just retired within the past month. I think his spouse is more freaked out than I am about inflation/potential recession, etc. I wish he and I lived in the same town - we both enjoy playing in the dirt and I'd love to have a gardening buddy!

We didn't get as many fleas off the cat yesterday despite a lengthy spa session. Although the cat was largely cooperative, he was making those "I've really had enough of you guys for now!" noises by the end, even though his body was calm (no tail swishing, etc.).

I checked the West River camera this AM - mom was doing some nest fluffing, so I got to see the baby heads bobbing. No dad - perhaps he was out getting breakfast.

I've done my meditation/breath work/morning stretches so far. Trying to get a handle on the weather (a bit unsettled) to figure out whether I can get in some functional fitness/gardening today.

Grrrr......DH just got a call from the person who was supposed to be coming out on Tuesday to start some exterior repair work. He wants to come out tomorrow and see what all needs to be done. The original guy who did the estimate just got a new oncology diagnosis and has to start treatment. OK, not a problem, we certainly understand. A second person from the same entity was supposed to be coming out next week to do the work, and then we got a call several days later to say that he'd had some sort of emergency, but they had someone else who could start the work on the same day. The third guy doesn't sound like he's able to take on the whole project. We are SO frustrated. Part of the work is getting the raccoon damage repaired.

Beth - Happy last day of work for the summer! I think the user/user goals would go a long way in determining whether the Cubii is a good purchase. Since I spend so much time at the desk, it's a great way for me to pedal and get some meaningful activity in. If your mom likes Leslie and has time to get those work-outs in, that would definitely be the cheaper route. And she'd get the benefits that come with doing weight-bearing exercise.

Pam - I like 360 abs, too. A chest opener on the soft half roller sounds divine....ahhhhhh. Have you gotten any weird emails that are supposedly from MELT? I got one that says melt-method versus MELT and if I hover the cursor over the sender address, it comes up as someone's Gmail address. Not sure what's up with that and I haven't opened it as I'm weird about not opening unsolicited emails.

Paine - Animals are definitely fascinating when it comes to their instincts. I also find it interesting how mother cats will sometimes "adopt" abandoned puppies and vice versa.

Pat
- Hope you were able to enjoy some garden time yesterday.

Time to get my day started, now that I've had coffee. Waves to ALL.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 08:24 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

TGIF! Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 26
~ Gardening
~ My own PT/stretch routine
~ 5,312 steps

It was glorious yesterday so I packed as much gardening in as my joints would allow. For the first time in my gardening career I tried dividing some perennials and planting a cutting. With the price of gas and groceries, I told myself "it's time - you can do this instead of buying new plants." Yes - that sounds lame. Will I have success is another story.

Cyana, hugs. It's sad that Tuesday is already hanging over your three day weekend.

Beth, that was a lackadaisical response from your mother's doctor. FWIW I have an elderly woman in my WW meeting who has a lot of success with her Cubii. She pedals away while reading. Of course it all depends on will the person use it, but she's lost some weight and gotten better BP readings, and it just generally proud of herself for increasing her time and resistance.

Sorry to be short - happy Friday to all!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 09:25 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Pat and cyana, I agree about the Cubii - "better than nothing" would definitely be better for my mom, who doesn't do any exercise! But the PT (not her doctor) thought walking would be better for her back pain specifically, which is why she is going to try Leslie Sansone again.

Happy Friday! Even though it's rainy here...

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-27-22, 10:01 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Cyana - Sorry you’re hitting so many roadblocks getting you exterior work done. Yes, it seems a recession may be coming. Food prices sure have gone up. I still do my main grocery orders on online for pick up. I feel it cuts out impulse buying. And I’ve become quite adept at “clean out the fridge” meals.

Beth - That was indeed a lackluster response from your mom’s PT. Granted walking has weight bearing benefits, but I’d say the Cubii is a good alternative for a little variety and for rainy days. One can only do so much Leslie!

Pat - The osprey cams were glitchy for me this morning, hope all is well in the nests!

Back later to post my day…

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 10:06 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

LOL - so true, Pam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
One can only do so much Leslie! :

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 05-27-22, 10:37 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jessica Smith Stretch + Relax DVD (Release practice)
Neighborhood walk

Jessica's Release practice on her new DVD was nice and relaxing. I used a yoga strap.

Beth, I think your mom should do both Leslie and Cubii. She can do Cubii when she watches TV.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote