Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-22, 11:01 AM  
tlchello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
I kind of do this -- I choose 3-4 CS/Ess workouts a week (all different focus, and I try to fit in a barre, floor, and standing workout). But I don't do them on the two days a week that I use weights though. I do them after a 30 min lighter workout or just walking. If I do a 30 min or longer more strengthening Essentrics workout, then that's my sole workout that day and I do a lighter cardio or just walking the next day.
That is similar to what I am thinking..2 to 3 weight workouts each week and the other days will be a mix of Essentrics.
tlchello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-22, 04:03 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlchello View Post
I am curious what your opinion or suggestions are, as an Essentrics teacher, for a good approach to combining Essentrics with weights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
Hi! I think if you're going to do weights, perhaps use Essentrics as your recovery and rebalancing workout.
Can I just say how much I appreciate tlchello asking this question, and reading Jackie's reply. I've been wanting to ask this question for a while, but couldn't seem to get my thoughts straight. Thank you both.
Old 05-22-22, 10:01 AM  
Karla25

I’m probably 20ish lbs. overweight. I switch up my workouts a lot. The only time I started losing weight was when I did a monthly Firm rotation. However, I enjoy doing other workouts so much that it’s hard for me to only do the Firm. When I did the Firm workouts almost exclusively for over 20 years, I was slender and in good shape. I think it's because the Firm combines cardio and weights. I'm not very good about doing cardio workouts.

Tags
exercise routines, oprah bootcamp, rotations, sparks