Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-04-22, 04:42 PM  
Trixoo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I like the countdown clock too, but I know how long the workout is and just check the time when I start and note what time the workout will end. Then I just watch that clock (especially when I can't wait for the workout to be over ).
That works unless you get interrupted during your workouts (or you otherwise have to pause them), in which case it’s so hard to know how much time you have left. Like I said, it’s a great thing for me so I can keep track of where I’m at no matter what happens. I’ll keep hoping it comes back, but respectfully won’t count in it
Trixoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 10:12 AM  
hollymarie

Is anyone following Jessica's schedule for this series?

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

hollymarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 10:45 AM  
donnamp

hollymarie - I'm following her rotation - just started week 6. I did substitute here and there so I haven't followed it to the letter. I am seeing an increase in stamina from these workouts and I like the focus on posture.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 11:33 AM  
hollymarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
hollymarie - I'm following her rotation - just started week 6. I did substitute here and there so I haven't followed it to the letter. I am seeing an increase in stamina from these workouts and I like the focus on posture.

Donna
Thanks, that is encouraging, Donna. I just got the videos, and am starting the rotation.

“It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” Albus Dumbledore

Old 07-05-22, 12:49 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollymarie View Post
Thanks, that is encouraging, Donna. I just got the videos, and am starting the rotation.

Hollymarie I am glad to see you back.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 12:55 PM  
donnamp

hollymarie - I have been really bad about following rotations for the last few years, but i have managed to stick with this one. I did substitute some - but tried to stick w/ the "theme" -

I would probably go on to finish the 8 weeks but we're having some remodeling work done starting next week and I don't think I will have time for the longer workouts in the morning and after-work workout tend to be hit or miss for me.

But, we'll see!

The series title is very appropriate for the vibe of this set and i liked that workouts were only "scheduled" for 5 days a week, as that allowed me a little play time w/ 2 days during the week to do something else.

I hope you enjoy them!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-22, 07:10 PM  
hollymarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Hollymarie I am glad to see you back.
Thanks, Sherry

Old 07-07-22, 10:12 PM  
bjones

Yesterday I did the 5K fast walk, the first 2 miles with warmup and cooldown. I actually really liked this one! I usually don't like the interval training ones but this one I did. I think it was because the exercises aren't precisely choreographed to the interval. Usually you do the same exercise for the whole interval like skaters. Here she kind of randomly switches things up. I didn't have the dread factor.
Today I did Split Session UB. I also REALLY liked this one. It didn't feel repetitive at all. I felt the entire upper half of my body and core working as well as some leg work in the hip hinge standing portion. I liked using the 4 inch step as a prop. My only complaint is she forgot to do the second set of biceps curls at the end of the first Circuit. So I just paused and did them. I am really liking this "worked out but not wiped out" feeling I have with each of these workouts!
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 04:10 PM  
Kizzy

Quote:

Donna
Due to not having the entire package available for such a long time I ended up just purchasing Jessica's Stretch and the walking DVD. I don't care for a lot of weight workouts; I much prefer cardio. I kept an eye on this thread HOPING I wouldn't regret that decision. I was doing fine until I read Donna's comment. LOL!!
I had Covid Pneumonia in December and I STILL don't have all my "umph" back. I gained a few pounds from being on the Steroid's. (They cause hunger!!) I used to LOVE to walk but now I have to kick myself to get out and do it and I don't walk as far. When I read Donna's remark about seeing an increase in STAMINA, I thought...THAT's what I need!!!! SO!!! I want to thank you Donna, for giving your input on this series. I needed to hear that by basically sticking to it, you felt better for it. ((HUGS))
I bought the rest of the DVD's so am ready to give it my all. So far I've only done Rise and the Fusion Flow Sculpt. Both of them went fine. I have carpet and the same gliders Jessica had...for having balance issues I didn't do too bad.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-22, 04:12 PM  
Kizzy

Quote:
These are really starting to grow on me - even the ones that I was iffy about early on.

I have noticed that I have more stamina which I assume is the result of consistency with these workouts - I haven't changed anything else.

The rotation is also pretty flexible so it makes it easy enough to stick with. If i don't have time or energy for one of the longer workouts I will sub in a shorter workout.

I still wish there were chapters and a countdown clock!

Donna
THIS was the original quote I had wanted to use.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, strong + centered, strong + centered reviews, strong+centered series