Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-22, 08:47 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Crone Cronies - When Does Hibernation Start? I'd Like to Participate This Year. 7/10

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 08:52 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Paula - Sorry I didn't get in here yesterday. It was a lazy day that just sort of melted away. I'm back!

We are in the midst of a cloudy, cool, misty, rainy, cool (did I mention we're supposed to have a high in the 70s today? ) day. We started the day with a family Zoom call. It was nice to catch up with the whole family. Other than that, I have a little cooking to do and a pick-up at Walmart.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-10-22, 06:45 PM  
sciencelady

Good evening!

I'm back from my Mineral Point trip - it was great to see friends and spend time doing crafty things. This year it was a silks scarf dyeing class - I now have two nice scarves - one I made myself and one I traded with a friend - my friend got a shade of oranges scarf I made and I got a blue shades one from her. We also took a class into making small colorful boxes from plastic Coke bottles - we glued colorful napkins to the outside of the bottle, then cut it so that you can make petals to close the box. Coke bottles have that shape that folds in on itself when cut - Cool! —This unique box is made from a one- or two-liter Coca Cola bottle. Note: It must be a Coke bottle as other soft drink bottles are not the right shape to produce the box. The box flaps open so you can fill the box and stays closed, to hold your item. A fun gift box for something special. Jo Ellen and David will help you cut the bottle in the right shape so that the top flaps fold over and close the box. You will then use printed paper napkins to decorate the box. You can add a bead to the top as a “finial.” I think those boxes will work as cool gift boxes! Otherwise, lots of good dining out at a BBQ place and a nice breakfast in town. Mineral Point is a cool city!

The only bad part of the weekend was that my flat tire light came on about 50 miles from home - I'm here without a problem, but kept my car in the driveway in case it's a true flat by morning - AAA can come fix it... If not, I'll drive it to the car tire place for a fix.

My reunion with my bio-aunt didn't work out. She wasn't home when I hit her home town Friday, and today we took a different route that didn't bring us to her home town. We've messaged each other, but that's it. I only feel bad in that I don't know if I'll have another chance to see her and she's getting pretty aged (89 years). I did meet a Latvian lady in Mineral Point that was from the Twin Cities and kind of knew I was at the Song and Dance Festival - it was fun to talk to her in Latvian .

Laura, I'm glad you got a break from your heat wave today! Mineral Point was a cool town - lots of historic buildings and some cool art galleries. Very hilly though! You'd climb about three stories every other block on the sidewalk! I noticed gas was a bit cheaper in WI than MN - about 10-30 cents per gallon. I did stock up on my favorite beer from WI though! (Can't get it in MN ).

Paula, I think I have varying allergies to cats also - some I go into sneezing fits with, some are just fine - luckily I don't need a hairless one to not sneeze . I got a medical alert for Covid exposure from my days spent at the Latvian Song and Dance Festival - unfortunately the warning came a week after exposure, but glad I wore my mask there at the festival.

Waves to all!

Anita
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 08:59 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 Walking with Weights, then Yoga with Adriene Yoga for Neck, Shoulders, and Upper Back. I also did a neighborhood walk with DH.

Groceries and food prep. We just did a small shop because we're leaving on Wednesday. I had less food prep to do than usual so I had planned to bake two loaves of sourdough bread. I just pulled the loaves out of the oven and they look beautiful if I do say so myself. I also got some gardening and housecleaning done.

Laura, thanks for getting us started. I understand how days melt away. Nice to have a family zoom call. My family seems to do weekend texts. Someone, usually my brother, will text something and the whole family chimes in with comments for the rest of the day. Like the old game of telephone the topic seems to change as we praddle on about nothing. Glad the temperature has come down for you - there for a while you were having the same tempertures as the dessert southwest.

Anita, sounds like you had a fun get away. What will you do with the scarfs? I have several and I don't know how to tie them or how to wear them. I'd wear them around my waist like a belt if they were long enough but they aren't. I always think scarfs are so pretty when I see them for sale but never buy them. All the one's I have were gifts. The coke bottle box sounds interesting too, but the most important thing was just to get away and have a good time with friends. Too bad it didn't work out for you to meet up with your Aunt though. Bummer on the flat tire light - hopefully it's just low and AAA can fix it up for you. Do you have an air compressor. We keep one at the hangar and DH uses it on the car tires as well. So you got a notice that you were exposed to COVID during the festival. Are you supposed to isolate for two weeks?
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 06:54 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on checking the tires this morning - if totally flat, I'll call AAA to come to my house to put on my spare - then I'll go to the tire store for a fix; if OK, I'll drive to the tire store and have them take a look at it. Otherwise planning on going grocery shopping - luckily right next to the tire store. I hope to take a nice walk in the parks.

Paula, I don't have an air compressor at my house - best I have is a bike air pump. I've never been much of a scarf wearer either. The scarves I made aren't very bulky, which may work better on me - otherwise they'd make great gifts, if needed (along with the Coke bottle boxes I made). I was wearing my mask in the festival (one of about 5% of the attendees), so I'm not feeling I'm likely to truly be exposed. I'm not planning on isolation any more than I'm already pretty isolated. on your sourdough bread!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-11-22, 06:46 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It was a really nice day outside, sunny and in the low 80s. We'll be back to the 90s after today, but the break has been nice. Polly was in and out and in and out this morning. We ended up leaving the doors open so she could come and go. This afternoon, she slept and dozed on the back steps. I'm not sure what she's into this evening. I did some stuff around the house like a load of towels and cleaning up the kitchen. This afternoon, I went wondering through Tuesday Morning and found stuff I had forgotten we needed.

Anita - As I was reading your description of the Coke box, I thought, "I have decorative napkins!" It sounds like a good trip. Like Paula said, the fun with friends was most important. How did the tire fixing go?

Paula - Larry's sister and some of the nieces have a group like that on Messenger. It is dormant most of the time, but sometimes it activates with something that someone posts and then it goes on (and on and on for a while).

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 07-11-22, 09:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Got lots of walking in today. I did a long yin yoga practice this morning then a neighborhood walk with DH. We decided to go to Seal Beach today walk and have lunch so did another long walk there. Not sure how many steps we got in but I definately got plenty of cardio.

Anita, Hope you were able get your tire fixed and a nice walk in the park. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to find a way to wear scarves and then share with me how wear them well. Good for you wearing the mask at the festival, I know they are perfect but I do believe they help.

Laura, glad you got a really nice day. I note that Polly now has you so well trained you leave the doors open for her, perhaps it's time for a pet door? I meant to get some sewing done today - my form of crafting - but that didn't get done. Tomorrow will be getting ready for the trip to unlikely to get to it tomorrow. Enjoy that good weather while it lasts.
Old 07-12-22, 07:12 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Today should be a nice, low humidity, warm day! I'll definitely make my way to a park for a nice long walk. Yesterday I walked in my neighborhood as I didn't want to drive the car until I got the tire fixed. The leak was pretty slow, so I could drive my car to the tire place. There was a nail found in my tire and it got patched just fine. Nothing really planned today - it's been so dry my yard grass isn't growing, but the weeds are! It's easy to pull the weeds from my yard grass when it's a foot taller .

Laura, Tuesday Morning is a bad place to go browse - very rarely do I come out with nothing in my hands . Now if you had some Mod Podge glue at your house, I can see you making some decorative boxes . Let me know if you'd like the instructions.

Paula, I get my number of steps from carrying my phone in my pocket. In the past, I didn't carry my iPhone everywhere, but now I want my steps counted - why? Who knows! I'm not much of a scarf wearer either, so I will try to work them in sometime this year.

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 07-12-22, 09:26 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was an older Yoga With Adriene Yoga Camp one followed by Tamilee Floor Stretch.

We got some things around the house done and packed for our trip. I made a quick run to Costco.

Anita, glad the tire leak was slow and you were able to drive to the tire place to get it repaired. Yeah, pulling weeds from dry ground is easier. I carry my phone when I walk with DH. I use an app called Samsung exercise or something like that, it tracks time, distance, steps etc. I don't mind carrying it for those walks but don't want to be bothered to carry it around with me all the time. Tuesday Morning is one of those places that suck you in and make you want things you didn't know you needed. I haven't been though the one near me in a long time, I wonder if it's still there, so many things closed during the lockdown.

I'll see you in a couple days.
Old 07-13-22, 07:22 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Planning on taking a nice walk in the parks, maybe with friends if they are around. We got a nice rain last night - I hope it helps the plants out there! Otherwise planning on more putzing. Yesterday I followed up on a tip from a home repair TV show showing erasing water marks from furniture with a wood finish - I bought one and it worked pretty darned good! It erased marks off a side table and made a pretty good dent erasing them from the top of a dresser! I'm pretty happy with the results - nice to refresh furniture that was like that since I lived in Champaign, IL - about 30 years ago!

Paula, bon voyage on your trip! The Tuesday Morning I used to know had closed several years ago and I'm not sure where one is right now, but I can certainly live without one!

Waves to all!

Anita