Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-22, 09:30 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

37 minute outdoor walk

I was planning a walk for today before it heats up but I just decided last minute to go to my niece's bbq so I have to get ready now. LOL.

DIANE, that bike ride sounds tough but very interesting. I think Ricky Gervais is a riot.
I should watch some of those shows you mentioned. His bark is definitely worse than his bite.

PAT, glad you made such headway with your gardening. Yes I like the swings and planks for the core work. Lord knows I need it.

DONNA, that Jessica dvd is the one I want along with the circuit strength dvd. Sounds good! I see Pahla cautiously back in the mix

Hi PAM!

Have a great Memorial Day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-22, 03:50 PM  
amoodygirl

Hi everyone!

It’s a hot one today but we got out early and have accomplished a bunch of things around the house. We also watched “Supernature” the newest Ricky Gervais stand up on Netflix. I love this guy, cursing and all! My husband finally got what I get about him – he laughed so loud I couldn’t hear the TV and we had headphones on! Anyway….

Today’s workout:
Treadlift - Elliptical workout interval with back focus
14 Day ab challenge
Light stretch
Bike: 11.06 miles at Saratoga State Park

Pat: The galette was heaven - not very sweet but the blueberries and the crust were to die for! The owner also told me everything, absolutely every single ingredient is organic. My type of place for sure. An apple galette recipe popped up on my google feed so I may give it a try. I know I couldn’t do justice to Pixie’s galette but I’m willing to try! It’s beginning to get hotter now so the outdoor walks will have to be either early or after dinner.

Donna: Good to know Jessica’s new series was low dread. I still have my eyes on this set. Thanks for the breakdown!

Summer Breeze: My husband just asked me when we will go back to the historical park and I laughed and said, “are you trying to kill me?” But, maybe in two more weeks and definitely after a rest day or weights-only day. I literally could feel the strength drain out of my legs on those hills. It’s a gorgeous park and there are 10 stops along the way to read about the American Revolution. Back in 2019 on July 4th, we went to cheer on our newest citizens being sworn in – very emotional. We just finished the newest Ricky Gervais stand up. Hilarious. He’s my guy!!!

Hi Pam!!!! Hope all’s well!

Hope everyone enjoyed the day off while thinking of those who gave everything for our freedoms. My dad and father-in-law were in my thoughts all day. WWII vets – the greatest generation. There will never be another generation like them.

Never have I been a blue calm sea
I have always been a storm

Fleetwood Mac (Stevie Nicks)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diane
amoodygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 08:12 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried out the "5K" DVD and did the interval walk. It was enjoyable! I liked the warm up - it is something that would be good to do before an outdoor walk, too and the cooldown stretch was also very good. I like that these are chaptered separately so you could add them on to another workout or an outdoor walk. The interval walk was pleasant, too, nice setting! I do miss the countdown timer and I do miss having background exercisers. For the weight workouts I don't miss the background exercisers or the countdown clock as much.

Anyway - it was a winner overall! I am going to squeeze the "rise" workout from the stretch DVD in at some point today as well.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Back to work today, I can get used to being away from work. Must.Retire.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 08:28 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I took today off to extend the weekend. Back to the grind tomorrow. Yesterday I accomplished:

~ Lee Holden 30 Day Challenge - Day 30 I finished the challenge!
~ Jessica Valant Lower Back Exercises
~ Kassandra's new sacral chakra practice
~ Walk around neighborhood
~ 8,663 steps

The combination of a short qigong, therapeutic Pilates and short yoga left me buzzing and tingling. The Kassandra was okay, not a fave. I noticed the singing bowl in the background and commented that it would be nice if she gave us a guided meditation finished up with some singing bowl. I also swapped out my summer clothes and packed up two bags for Goodwill, and gave the bedroom a deep clean.

I love these "days off" LOL.

Donna, I was dreaming of retiring all weekend, too. It sounds like you are enjoying the new Jessicas. I really like her personality but could never take a shine to her workouts for some reason.

Diane, your bike ride in Saratoga State Park sounds so nice. Do you see a lot of wildlife when you go out to places like that? I went to the Saratoga race track as a child when we visited my Dad's relatives in Troy.

Summer Breeze, I hope you had a wonderful time at the BBQ.

Good morning to Pam!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-22, 12:40 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey there,

So today was a weird day. Besides not sleeping well last night, around 9 am we lost electricity. It came back on by 12:30 and was told by the power crews that a chipmunk caused the outage. Since all our wiring is underground, the poor creature (if the guy’s story is true) was electrocuted in one of the power boxes. Not sure I believed him totally but it is what it is. Anyway…..

Today’s workout:
Double dose of Body Electric: Pecs (weights then pushups), triceps, biceps, delts, abs, inner thighs, glutes
Light stretching

Donna: Yes, you must retire! The weird thing is that every day morphs into the next and I have to frequently check the calendar! Glad you’re still liking Jessica’s new set. I’m inching closer to buying the downloads….

Pat: We see a lot of groundhogs, birds, and chipmunks at the park. I’m sure there are many other species but they stay hidden in the woods. We stay on the paths for biking, running and walking because of ticks!

Waves to Summer Breeze and Pam! It’s a hot one today – stay cool everyone!

Diane
Old 06-01-22, 08:42 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday featured:

~ Ellen Barrett Power Express
~ Jessica Valant Lower Back Exercises
~ Bird Restorative Yoga for Stress & Emotional Relief
~ Beach walk
~ 6,516 steps

I really enjoyed the Ellen and am liking her subscription so far.

Diane, aw I hope it wasn't a chipmunk. They give us the same story all the time here - it's not our horrible infrastructure in my neighborhood, a squirrel caused it. I don't blame you for avoiding ticks!

Waves everyone, have a stellar Wednesday!
Old 06-01-22, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today I tried out Jessica's Flow & Glow - Fusion Flow Sculpt. It was a pleasant surprise as I was not sure at all about the use of the gliders. This one only used one glider and that felt appropriate and safe. She also moved at a moderate pace and I did not feel that it was out of control or an injury waiting to happen. It was, however, tough! A good lower body workout. I normally use 3's for these types of workouts, but I dropped to my 2's b/c I was focusing so much on the lower body and the gliding. This one was a winner for me!

I added on a Jessica Valent - Pilates for Upper Back - my upper back, neck, shoulders, etc. are really tight and sore these days - too much computer work.

Speaking of work - I finally have my official offer letter so I have to tell my boss I'm moving on. I like her, so this is hard, but I also need a change and a better work/life balance, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-22, 06:27 PM  
amoodygirl

Hey everyone!

Busy day today. I had Angel, who, of course, wouldn’t poo outside for me and then proceeded to go in her diaper the moment I got it on and always when I’m getting ready to leave! I had a haircut appt after taking care of her so thankfully I have my wash-the-dog system down to a science. I swear she does that on purpose!

Today’s workout:
  • Treadlift – treadmill incline run
  • 14 Day Ab Challenge – planks, v-ups and sit ups (lower body focused)
  • Yoga for Sciatica Lesley – I love this one whether or not I have a flare up!

I wanted to do more but the day got away from me!

Pat: I think they were lying about the chipmunk. After they left my neighbor’s property, they went around the corner to another property to check their box. I think it’s just BS, honestly. Instead of sitting around and waiting for the electricity to come back on, we went to the bike shop to have DH’s bike adjusted. By the time we got home, lights were back on!

Donna: Congratulations!!!!! As I’ve told my husband, put yourself first because no one else in the “job world” will. Excited for this new chapter!

Waves to Summer Breeze and Pam – hope everyone had a happy hump day!

Diane
Old 06-02-22, 08:10 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning everyone! I have to be short, will try to catch up in a bit. Here's my yesterday:

~ LWR Feel Amazing Challenge W2D6
~ Lee Holden Qigong Flow for Beginners
~ 3,929 steps
Old 06-02-22, 08:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Yesterday:

36 minute outdoor walk

After 100 degrees on Tuesday, yesterday's cloudy and cool weather felt delightful. Hoping for another walk today before the rains come in again.

DONNA, yay on the official letter. I sure hope you get the work/life balance you need. You seem to be enjoying Jessica's new workouts for the most part too.

PAT, your day off was very productive! I enjoyed the bbq. Glad I decided to go at the last minute.

DIANE, good job on your workouts and ab challenge. I started an ab challenge a few years ago and it caused a sciatica flare-up.
I think it was the leg raises. Ugh.

Hi PAM.

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, heartburn, margaret richard, standing yoga