Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-22, 02:55 PM  
TinaT

Anyone Look Into This?

2 friends have asked me about it. I know nothing.

https://go.riseworkouts.com/7-minute...f2742a8d95650c

I'm trying to wrap my brain around 7 mins a day taking the place of 45 mins. and getting better results. But who knows. LOL

Incase the link doesn't work, it's call One and Done.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 04:54 PM  
SpiritYogi

Interesting, but I don't see how one can get results in only seven minutes a day, with only one minute of that seven being 'strenuous'.

Quite the statement at the bottom of the page:

Your results and experience may be different from any claims or testimonials on this site. The FTC requires that we identify what a "typical" result is. Typically people never do anything with products and information that they buy, so in most cases they won't get any results. The statements and photos you see on our site are examples of individuals that took action in changing their lifestyle, and the results are not typical. If you're looking for results, you need to take action and stick to the plan!

If I wasn't on a strict budget right now, I'd try it for $30 just to see what kind of results I'd get, if any.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 05:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

it depends on what you consider "results." (sorry, I didn't click on the link)

for example, i saw a study done about 3 SECOND stints of toning with weights, and the study showed muscle improvement in one month. They weren't selling anything - it was conducted by a group of university professors - this is another key factor.

https://www.studyfinds.org/lifting-w...sity%20release.

will you be tiny and sexy? maybe.

so it really depends on what they consider "results." 21 Day Fix - success stories showed that some had to repeat the 21DF several times to reach goal. applying that to what you said, maybe they do 7 minutes but they have to do it for several years.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 08:10 AM  
TinaT

I told both of my friends that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I also asked them why do they have only 7 mins? If their health is so important doesn't it deserve a little more time and attention?

I think because it's pretty "easy" to get out of shape, some folks want an "easy" fix or way to get back into shape. Which would be great, but not realistic...IMO and experience.
Old 08-08-22, 08:25 AM  
donnamp

It does seem too good to be true, for exercise haters, that is!

I think it does depend on what "results" you are looking for - if you are doing nothing then 7 minutes is better than that!

It may also help people to develop an exercise habit and realize that it is something they can do and eventually want to do.

I didn't click on the link, so I'll have to see what they are "claiming" can be done in 7 minutes.

Lucy Wyndham Read has a large number of 7 Min workouts - I don't know that is all she recommends you do - I think she also encourages walking/active life activities and a healthy diet, sleep, etc. I have done some of her workouts and I am surprised at how much she can get done in 7 min w/ just body weight. But am I going to get super ripped from them, probably not. But I guess that is not the goal.

I'm rambling...

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 08:53 AM  
TinaT

Donna, you make some great points. 7 mins is better than nothing for sure. I think most of us realize nutritional intake is key to any long term success and it appears she addresses that. (I think she leans toward Keto).

I also see it's $29.95 one time fee for full access. Not a crazy amount of money considering what's out there in this industry to throw our money at. Maybe someone who needs a start point could benefit from her information. Who knows.

Dena, I thought about throwing $30 at it and seeing for myself. I just encouraged my friends to do their homework before spending money on any site. Know what you're getting into. The site offers a 60 money back guarentee.
Old 08-08-22, 11:08 AM  
SpiritYogi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Dena, I thought about throwing $30 at it and seeing for myself. I just encouraged my friends to do their homework before spending money on any site. Know what you're getting into. The site offers a 60 money back guarentee.
I don't want to assume anything about your fitness level, but I'm guessing that we're both already fit and wouldn't see any results, other than losing $30 and gaining more time in the day.

They say they offer a 60 day money back guarantee, but I wonder what hoops you have to jump through to get a refund. Hey, maybe that's where the workout really comes in!

If one of your friends try it, please be sure to let us know their 'results'.
SpiritYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 11:17 AM  
kat999

I mean, it also includes a specific food plan that is known to drop a lot of water weight fast, so I would chalk it up to that more than a mere 7-minute daily workout. I wonder if it's essentially like some of the "10 Minute Solution" workouts where, to really be effective, you wind up creating your own longer workout from the offered 10-minute segments. I personally love those but almost never do only ONE segment unless I'm using it as an add-on to something else. Yes, you can have a really great workout in under 30-mintues or so, but is it "enough"? Is it "sufficient"? I guess it depends what your goals are and what you're doing with your food.
Old 08-08-22, 12:50 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

if they're selling something, be skeptical. VF has seen practically every proposal for fitness, and the bottom line is that reasonable and basic consistency always works.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-22, 02:41 PM  
TinaT

So, one friend has dropped interest after talking more with her. The other however doesn't want to give up quite yet. We'll see...

Tags
one and done, results, riseworkouts