Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-22, 03:26 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Sherry, do you remember which ones?

I don't know if there are any on you tube. I will see if I can find any. I have a subscription to their site.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 03:27 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
Sherry, do you remember which ones?

I don't know if there are any on you tube. I will check and let you know. I have a subscription to their site.

Old 08-07-22, 03:31 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Margaret richard's Sculpture Lower Body has both standing and floor moves that are well-chaptered.

in the squat section titled "quadraceps," she doesn't count her reps and you can go at your own pace. the chapter "gluteals" is also slow-paced.

The Firm Lower Body Sculpt 1 with Lisa Kay is an all-standing routine. she uses the FL, but you can do all of the moves without one. as far as i can recall, the reps are not fast, and you can go at your own pace.

Tamilee Webb's "I Want Those Buns" is all standing and the reps are slow and low in count.

workouts where the instructor times the duration rather than count the reps are good workouts to use so that you could go at your own pace. you can do this weighted or unweighted.

P90x Legs and Back is a standing workout, and there's a "timer" and "rep counter" in video format, i.e., Tony is not counting the reps out loud. you can do this at your own pace, and there's enough time to get a sufficient amount of reps.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 04:17 PM  
sherry7899

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJcVBRJE5vo&t=5s

I will add more as I find them. They have about sixty workouts on you tube....

Old 08-07-22, 05:31 PM  
wendug

I just did Caroline Girvan's Epic Endgame Day 1- Proper Leg Day Workout and she goes slow. There are PLENTY of squats and lunges in this one.

I've done the Kayleigh Cohen strength Squat Party workout before and that is also a good one.
Old 08-07-22, 06:31 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post

Jessica Smith has this short lower body standing workout that I like. It uses a chair for the squats.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uMoXK7...EXQZ8i&index=4
Thank you for sharing! Between a nasty bout with covid and then a bad lung infection, I've been extremely sick for around a month. I lost a lot of strength and weight. The length and moves in this workout look perfect for starting back up again
Old 08-07-22, 06:33 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

Thank you Sherry7899, Bzar & Wendug for the suggestions. I’ll add these to my list. I appreciate it

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-22, 06:36 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Thank you for sharing! Between a nasty bout with covid and then a bad lung infection, I've been extremely sick for around a month. I lost a lot of strength and weight. The length and moves in this workout look perfect for starting back up again
This one is great for just getting back into working out! Sometimes, if I feel ambitious and want a longer workout, I tack this on the end:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v72g1X...EXQZ8i&index=5
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 11:28 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJcVBRJE5vo&t=5s
I will add more as I find them. They have about sixty workouts on you tube....
Thanks, Sherry! I think I've done that one and forgot about the wall sits.

(Mind is going...) {rolleyes}

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-22, 04:48 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
This one is great for just getting back into working out! Sometimes, if I feel ambitious and want a longer workout, I tack this on the end:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v72g1X...EXQZ8i&index=5
This complements the other workout perfectly Thank you for letting me know. I love workouts that incorporate a ball.

Tags
lunges, slow weights, squats